Report... Trubisky only 6-1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold your thumb and forefinger two inches apart, then ask yourself if that's the difference between a franchise QB and a bust.

As the Bills greatest QB of all-time, Flutie was only 4' 11". As I tell my girl, size doesn't matter.

Does she believe you? :)

I totally get your point. The numbers on qb's 6'1 and under aren't that great.

Tru slings it all over and I'm pretty confident he's gonna be a stud.

One thing that bothers me about Trubisky is his throwing motion. I've watched film of him and sometimes he has a nice, over the top motion, but many other times he looks like he's pushing the ball. Just a weird motion. It looks like he might just need to gain some consistency there. It'd be nice to know how he takes to coaching on such things during his visit.

One thing that bothers me about Trubisky is his throwing motion. I've watched film of him and sometimes he has a nice, over the top motion, but many other times he looks like he's pushing the ball. Just a weird motion. It looks like he might just need to gain some consistency there. It'd be nice to know how he takes to coaching on such things during his visit.

I think it is arm strength Barley. That is one of the two concerns I have with Trubisky. Throws over 20/25 yards there is a lot of movement in the throwing motion and it does look a bit like a "push". The shoulder becomes a big part of the throwing motion and I think the ball ends up floating on him. It reminds me a little of Fitzpatrick.

Now I think Trubisky has enough arm to succeed in the NFL but the best fit for him in my opinion is a dome or warm weather team and a dink and dunk old school west coast offense.

Wouldn't hate him at #10 (I think he goes #2) but I am not sure Buffalo is the absolute best fit for him.

Grapefruit sized balls though. Will take a hit to buy that extra second and deliver a strike like all the greats do.

Love his game.

I think it is arm strength Barley. That is one of the two concerns I have with Trubisky. Throws over 20/25 yards there is a lot of movement in the throwing motion and it does look a bit like a "push". The shoulder becomes a big part of the throwing motion and I think the ball ends up floating on him. It reminds me a little of Fitzpatrick.

Now I think Trubisky has enough arm to succeed in the NFL but the best fit for him in my opinion is a dome or warm weather team and a dink and dunk old school west coast offense.

Wouldn't hate him at #10 (I think he goes #2) but I am not sure Buffalo is the absolute best fit for him.

Thanks for the input. Glad I'm not the only one seeing it.

Odd and definitely not serious question. Could a QB have thicker soles put on their spikes to give them a bit of a height boost? I know it couldn't be crazy but an inch or 2.

r2G1E.jpg

You don't understand. There's an unwritten code about this kind of thing. I could be ostracized. I remember when I was a kid, some guy tried to heighten. He lost his job, lost his friends, Everything.

Edited by ricojes

That line of thinking cost us 5"11 franchise qb Russell Wilson.

Tru had had zero problems throwing anywhere on the field. Hope he falls to us or your man Mahomes will do.

and drew brees.

r2G1E.jpg

You don't understand. There's an unwritten code about this kind of thing. I could be ostracized. I remember when I was a kid, some guy tried to heighten. He lost his job, lost his friends, Everything.

Awesome Seinfeld reference. Mickey!!!

I totally get your point. The numbers on qb's 6'1 and under aren't that great.

Tru slings it all over and I'm pretty confident he's gonna be a stud.

What are the numbers? Serious question.

What's the denominator? Bunch of shorties have done OK in the NFL: Wilson, Brees, Vick, even Flutie.