Report... Trubisky only 6-1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. I'm completely indifferent on Mitchell. Like some things he does, worries me he only started one year.

But those were like the little kid version of push-ups.

Yes, the whole one year starter thing with the QB formerly know as Mitch worries me too. I'm concerned that scouts and fans so desperately want a pocket passer that they are looking at the wrong guy. College offenses don't prepare QB's to play in the pros. There are very few guys who come out of college already established as pro style QB's. My concern is that when people actually see the rare pro style QB coming out of college they overvalue them. I'm one of the biggest proponents in the world for drafting pro style pocket passers. The problem is that they aren't all going to be great pros. Twenty years ago pro style QB's had more competition coming out of college. Now they are fewer in numbers. I think that this causes their value to become unjustly inflated at times.

Yes, the whole one year starter thing with the QB formerly know as Mitch worries me too. I'm concerned that scouts and fans so desperately want a pocket passer that they are looking at the wrong guy. College offenses don't prepare QB's to play in the pros. There are very few guys who come out of college already established as pro style QB's. My concern is that when people actually see the rare pro style QB coming out of college they overvalue them. I'm one of the biggest proponents in the world for drafting pro style pocket passers. The problem is that they aren't all going to be great pros. Twenty years ago pro style QB's had more competition coming out of college. Now they are fewer in numbers. I think that this causes their value to become unjustly inflated at times.

College coaches are the biggest snakes in sports (of course the universities completely want them to be). They use and abuse these kids. Most couldn't care what type of men they grew up to be or if they graduate. They play gimmicky offenses that don't prepare their qbs at all for the NFL.

I believe they are starting it but the NFL badly needs a minor league or development league.

College coaches are the biggest snakes in sports (of course the universities completely want them to be). They use and abuse these kids. Most couldn't care what type of men they grew up to be or if they graduate. They play gimmicky offenses that don't prepare their qbs at all for the NFL.

I believe they are starting it but the NFL badly needs a minor league or development league.

I get that college coaches want only to WIN. But it seems to me if you want the very best HS talent available, these kids would want to be looking to be pro ready. Apparently I'm missing something, because that's not usually the case.

His squat game needs work.

Haha. I'm completely indifferent on Mitchell. Like some things he does, worries me he only started one year.

But those were like the little kid version of push-ups.

I laughed then realized he probably was training for some jumping or explosiveness combine event - at least I hope!

Trubisky played no more pro-style than any of the others really. Kizer's offense was the most "pro" like offense of the consensus top 4 Quarterbacks. He was asked to do much more from the neck up in terms of reads and progressions. My issue with Kizer is that he then didn't throw well enough.

This idiot will end up somewhere north of Blaine Gabbert and south of Blak Bortles. Picking a second coming of Maybinot would prove less frustrating in the long run......but then again we may have already done that last year with Shaq.