The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

Me personally? So I said most boards have 3-5 guys ahead of him, I probably have 3 ahead of him value wise and one tied. Trubisky is probably the least flawed of any of the QB's in the draft this year. He's already a read option guy, which is what he'll be asked to do, albeit faster and against better talent. Along with him, I think Deshaun Watson are both drafted in the first round, potentially before the Bills even pick. Although he could be picked in the first round, I have Kizer as second round value. At this point, everyone from him on down have their flaws. I probably have Mahomes tied with Peterman for value for Buffalo in the third round. It's hard to take a system college guy and say he can run the pro system just the same. If you want a similar guy, you need to look no further than Graham Harrell from......same school years before. Put up ridiculous numbers, but they never really translated to success at the next level.

I was waiting for this comp Graham Harrell, Wow. Not fair not at all. Mahomes pure talent alone is the best prospect in the last 3yrs hands down. Graham Harrell was small weak armed QB . The only thing in common was the school they went to otherwise there is no comparison. BTW the only reason we will have a shot at him is because he's raw and has some flaws and that he played in the spread system. Otherwise he's the best prospect since Luck came out. When u make these comps do u even consider the physical attributes and intangibles that come with the player or do u just look at the school and scheme they played in

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced this kid can become the QB Bills fans have yearned for for 2 decades.

His pocket presence, movement within the pocket to get off his throws, arm strength and accuracy are all pluses. I love the way he steps up in the pocket. It's why I hated Blaine Gabbert and Jared Goff as prospects. They were both terrible in the face of pressure, often times dropping their eyes and staring at the rush. That's a deal breaker for me....if I see that in a QB I don't think he has a shot at being any good in the NFL.

With Mahomes you have a guy who keeps his eyes up, steps up, and delivers very impressive accurate balls all over the field. He's 6'3", 230 lbs., he's the real deal and the Bills need to take a roll of the dice on him at #10. Does he have some quirky footwork and odd hitches? Yes. But, I truly believe this guy is going to be a future stud NFL QB.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/patrick-mahomes-1/gamelog/2016/

Go get this guy Doug! Please! Deliver us from QB purgatory!

Get a grip

I was waiting for this comp Graham Harrell, Wow. Not fair not at all. Mahomes pure talent alone is the best prospect in the last 3yrs hands down. Graham Harrell was small weak armed QB . The only thing in common was the school they went to otherwise there is no comparison. BTW the only reason we will have a shot at him is because he's raw and has some flaws and that he played in the spread system. Otherwise he's the best prospect since Luck came out. When u make these comps do u even consider the physical attributes and intangibles that come with the player or do u just look at the school and scheme they played in

You know, we will just have to go back and look at the tapes and see why we can improve on. I think they played pretty well today but there are some plays we left out there on the field. Next.

Yes. He's athletic. So are the other guys I mentioned this year. There's nothing that separates him from guys in this draft alone, much less the last 3 years. Sadly, we see wishful thinking like this from fans of the player, not willing to look at the team and system that he played in. His mechanics for the pro level are, to be honest, terrible. He throws side arm a lot of the time. He throws off his back foot. His deep ball accuracy is something to be desired. He's a college career shotgun guy. As for Graham Harrell being small, he was 6-3. Mahomes is shorter, albeit a little heavier. Harrell did not have a weak arm either. Go back and read his scouting report. Alternatively, don't. Just assume this 3rd-4th round prospect is 1st round value. It doesn't hurt my feelings either way. I'm just calling it like I see it.

If there's another Dak Prescott coming through the college ranks, NFL clubs would be well-advised to snap him up before the fourth round of the draft this time.

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy, who is preparing to face Texas Tech star quarterback Patrick Mahomes on Saturday, sees some similarities between Mahomes and the Dallas Cowboys rookie. But he's not so sure Mahomes will be sitting around until the last day of the draft the way Prescott did.

"I think he's a potential first-round pick. He reminds me a lot of Dak Prescott, when we played Dak and Mississippi State when he was younger," Gundy said of Mahomes in his Monday news conference. "The style of play, body, strength, speed, ability to throw in different positions, it reminds me a lot of him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000735997/article/mike-gundy-compares-patrick-mahomes-to-dak-prescott

:mellow:

Lol!!! This crusade makes yours for previous QB's look like childs play my friend. Some of these arguments are on the level of trying to convince us the sky is green. Might as well hand him Lombardi's, MVP's, and make his bust for Canton.

Whaley would never have the guts to walk away from or draft this guy.

Huh? What's the 3rd option?

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::D

When asked if he wants sugar in his coffee, Whaley just sat there perplexed, unwilling to make a decision one way or the other. Gutless.

Waitress said "Sir, a simple yes or no answer will do."

Russ Brandon spoke up - "Don't offer that man coffee!"

• 3 weeks later...