The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

Just curious, what QB do you like in this draft?

None of them really, not in the 1st Round anyway which is likely where they will all go, but all 4 of these guys will be off the board by early 2nd at the latest.

I'm a ND fan and Kizer scares me with his field vision sometimes. He has the prototype body you look for and a cannon, but I have seen him miss/not see wide open guys a lot over the last couple of seasons. Now, it could be what he was instructed to look for on certain plays was not there. It could have been bad preparation or game planning. I'm not sure. I also think that he made the right decision as Kelly would have just continued to further ruin him if he had stayed. Kizer will make some plays that make you say "holy sh*t!!!" out of amazement that he got the pass in there. Then he he will make a throw that has you say "f*ck me" because you have no idea what he was thinking. He has the chance to be a really good NFL QB if he can get used to playing from under center, get the timing and footwork down.

Trubisky reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Blake Bortles. Can he make all of the throws? Yes. Will he be consistent enough in the NFL to be a quality starter? That is the question. His release is a little different as well. Needs some work on his mechanics a bit. He has athleticism and talent, but he was only a one year starter so there's not but so much to go off of.

Mahomes? I have stated my case regardless of whether you agree or not.

Watson. This was my guy going into this season. Watching him play in 2015 was something. In 2016 the flaws became a bit more evident. He is erratic with his accuracy even with his receivers making catches. The ball would be too far out in front or too far behind to prevent RAC yardage. His receivers bailed him out a lot in these instances. I just don't think that helps him in his NFL case. He has a strong arm and just like Kizer her will "wow" you with some throws, but will also have some that make you think "wtf?" for sure. Athletic freak. Strong arm. Supposedly strong work ethic. Clutch. Even with all of this I still see him as another Vince Young with a bit more throwing talent.

I wouldn't touch any of these guys in the first and I don't really think any of them are destined to be franchise QB's. With the need for QB's in the NFL though these guys will be overdrafted just like QB's such as Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, EJ, Geno, and anyone else you want to put on the list.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference u cite about him being taller and seeing things better can be HUGE!! Plus his arm strength and accuracy is much better. So basically if he can do the things Tyrod does but sees the field better he can become even better then most of the QBS u mentioned here except for Rodgers. My opinion is that Tyrod is a inch away from being better then Carr or Dak .

No it's not. Tyrod throws one hell of a deep ball that hits his guys in stride. I see Mahomes' guys having to adjust to the ball because it is underthrown or a bit off target. Not just on deep passes either. If you are trying to throw to a spot that is different and maybe he was in some instances, but these just look like passes that aren't exactly on point. This is one of the things I was talking about when I said things he gets away with in college he will not in the NFL.

Edited by H2o

No it's not. Tyrod throws one hell of a deep ball that hits his guys in stride. I see Mahomes' guys having to adjust to the ball because it is underthrown or a bit off target. Not just on deep passes either. If you are trying to throw to a spot that is different and maybe he was in some instances, but these just look like passes that aren't exactly on point. This is one of the things I was talking about when I said things he gets away with in college he will not in the NFL.

Tyrod throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL. Mahomes is much more accurate on the bread and butter NFL throws and can hit receivers in stride running in the middle of the field. Slant patterns? Yes, we would see those again!

None of them really, not in the 1st Round anyway which is likely where they will all go, but all 4 of these guys will be off the board by early 2nd at the latest.

I'm a ND fan and Kizer scares me with his field vision sometimes. He has the prototype body you look for and a cannon, but I have seen him miss/not see wide open guys a lot over the last couple of seasons. Now, it could be what he was instructed to look for on certain plays was not there. It could have been bad preparation or game planning. I'm not sure. I also think that he made the right decision as Kelly would have just continued to further ruin him if he had stayed. Kizer will make some plays that make you say "holy sh*t!!!" out of amazement that he got the pass in there. Then he he will make a throw that has you say "f*ck me" because you have no idea what he was thinking. He has the chance to be a really good NFL QB if he can get used to playing from under center, get the timing and footwork down.

Trubisky reminds me of a slightly smaller version of Blake Bortles. Can he make all of the throws? Yes. Will he be consistent enough in the NFL to be a quality starter? That is the question. His release is a little different as well. Needs some work on his mechanics a bit. He has athleticism and talent, but he was only a one year starter so there's not but so much to go off of.

Mahomes? I have stated my case regardless of whether you agree or not.

Watson. This was my guy going into this season. Watching him play in 2015 was something. In 2016 the flaws became a bit more evident. He is erratic with his accuracy even with his receivers making catches. The ball would be too far out in front or too far behind to prevent RAC yardage. His receivers bailed him out a lot in these instances. I just don't think that helps him in his NFL case. He has a strong arm and just like Kizer her will "wow" you with some throws, but will also have some that make you think "wtf?" for sure. Athletic freak. Strong arm. Supposedly strong work ethic. Clutch. Even with all of this I still see him as another Vince Young with a bit more throwing talent.

I wouldn't touch any of these guys in the first and I don't really think any of them are destined to be franchise QB's. With the need for QB's in the NFL though these guys will be overdrafted just like QB's such as Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, EJ, Geno, and anyone else you want to put on the list.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts.

i think a lot of you are falling into the overdrafting of a guy. i don't think mahomes is gone in the first. this stuff happens every year with guys. nassib, clausen and tons of other guys hyped up by media and fans but then the football guys don't listen and they end up in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round.

I'm convinced this kid can become the QB Bills fans have yearned for for 2 decades.

His pocket presence, movement within the pocket to get off his throws, arm strength and accuracy are all pluses. I love the way he steps up in the pocket. It's why I hated Blaine Gabbert and Jared Goff as prospects. They were both terrible in the face of pressure, often times dropping their eyes and staring at the rush. That's a deal breaker for me....if I see that in a QB I don't think he has a shot at being any good in the NFL.

With Mahomes you have a guy who keeps his eyes up, steps up, and delivers very impressive accurate balls all over the field. He's 6'3", 230 lbs., he's the real deal and the Bills need to take a roll of the dice on him at #10. Does he have some quirky footwork and odd hitches? Yes. But, I truly believe this guy is going to be a future stud NFL QB.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/patrick-mahomes-1/gamelog/2016/

Go get this guy Doug! Please! Deliver us from QB purgatory!

It's that time of year again. Time to scout for the next great QB to save the Bills. What I love about this year's search is it comes with the added twist of ditching a QB that is better than half the NFL teams start. This really may be a new low as a Bills fan.

Like I said, watch whole games and not just highlights. It reminded me of watching Tyrod play for us. Is he athletically gifted and did he succeed at a college level? Yes, yes he did. There are a lot of things that he gets away with in college that will not work in the NFL. He will be a guy like Tyrod who can get you 200 yds a game passing, will be inconsistent with his accuracy, inconsistent with his reads, takes off when he doesn't need to because of the rush, can extend plays with his legs to make a downfield throw, and get you some rushing yards from the QB spot JUST LIKE Tyrod. The only difference is he is a shade taller so he might be able to see over the line a little better, He's not Rodgers, he's not Derek Carr, he's not Dak Prescott, bet that.

Completely disagree, the kid is a gunslinger and would be the opposite of what you describe. If anything he would be a cutler type with the capacity of throwing for high yardage consistently but possibly with lots of picks, that is his downside. I am very intrigued by this kid, his footwork is spotty and yes he did get away with a lot in college as does virtually every single QB prospect who has ever played the game in college. The kid has a stronger arm and better field vision than Tyrod, so he has all the physical tools. I think the biggest unknown is he a leader of men? Does he have the capacity to improve on his mechanics and desire to succeed?

I have no idea where he will be picked but I would hope that the Bills are giving him a good hard look as I'm sure just about every other team who has a need at QB will be.

Lot of good skills. Mechanics are very spotty. Most QBs with spotty mechanics don't become Carr or Favre.

Get Romo or Rivers. Sit him behind one for the first year or two. Trade #10 for Romo or Rivers. Hope he falls to us in Rd. 2. (if only life were as simple as typing that!).

It's that time of year again. Time to scout for the next great QB to save the Bills. What I love about this year's search is it comes with the added twist of ditching a QB that is better than half the NFL teams start. This really may be a new low as a Bills fan.

no reason we can't grab him and keep TT. Esp. if we don't land another QB in a trade.

Wow. How desperate are we as fans if you guys think that kid will translate to the NFL....doesn't go under center, one read and go and horrific mechanics. Please stop making the Favre comparison, He was one in a million and even he struggled in the beginning. I'd rather keep Tyrod at this point.

Mechanics are shoddy, throws too much off his back foot, relies too much on athletic abilities, doesn't seem to read defenses, doesn't seem to go through progressions. Another project QB. No thanks.

Tyrod is still better than any FA QB out there and better than any QB coming out of this draft. At least for the 2017-18 season...

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Mechanics are shotty, throws too much off his back foot, relies too much on athletic abilities, doesn't seem to read defenses, doesn't seem to go through progressions. Another project QB. No thanks.

Tyrod is still better than any FA QB out there and better than any QB coming out of this draft. At least for the 2017-18 season...

Doesn't go through progressions? He does and did it for 10,000 yards over the last 2 years. He is scanning the field. It's not an NFL offense but most college QB's don't play in one.

Mechanics are shotty, throws too much off his back foot, relies too much on athletic abilities, doesn't seem to read defenses, doesn't seem to go through progressions. Another project QB. No thanks.

Sounds like a Bills QB already doesn't he??

there's a reason he isn't going 1. he has lower percent chance of being successful. prescott is the exception not the rule.

He is not a can't miss prospect. None of the QB's are. I would roll with Mahomes if I wanted to try to hit on a QB. He will be dinged for mechanics (I don't care if he is accurate and he is). He will be dropped because of the offense he is in. Great, that's the opportunity to get him cheap.

He has good size, strong arm, fast release, mobility, and fast footwork. Ball comes out fast. I like that.

No thanks. He plays in the typical one read Big 12 air raid offense. How many Big 12 QB's have been successful in the NFL recently? There is a reason for this. He put up big numbers in college with a system that won't translate to the pros. This reminds of the time everyone wanted Kliff Kingsbury.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Just a lot of stupidity about him on this board. He will get away with what he does in the NFL. Because his release is very quick and probably the best. He has a strong arm, Very Strong. He will be the next Farve or Rogers if you don't try to change him. Yes so good coaching will help him some what. Did you watch Rogers throw against Dallas many throws were made with not the right mechanics or foot work and on the move. You don't change someone like that you embrace it. This is the QB I want the most. I would even take him with the first pick in the draft. I can see 5 years from now. Why did the Bills pass on this guy in the first round. Better be careful. The Patriots may take him with a late first round pick and then will have another 17 years of not making the playoffs. Get off your high horse, this guy is everything you want in a QB and more.

Edited by billsareback