The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a bad take. The question is, if you take Mahomes in the 2nd, are you gonna start him year 1 or let him learn from the pine while learning to not let that back leg move like a wacky waving inflatable arm flaling tube man?

My take, for what it's worth, is that Mahomes starting "off the bus" would be messy. The wacky waving back leg with a mind of its own is a big part of the reason for that.

My take, for what it's worth, is that Mahomes starting "off the bus" would be messy. The wacky waving back leg with a mind of its own is a big part of the reason for that.

The whole thing is going to be messy, so what's the problem with doing a Goff on the kid. If TT is cut, this is a full-on expansion team type restart rebuild, so all bets are off.

The whole thing is going to be messy, so what's the problem with doing a Goff on the kid. If TT is cut, this is a full-on expansion team type restart rebuild, so all bets are off.

Yep. If we are cutting Tyrod and taking Mahomes as the future then my plan would be sign a McCown like vet and start him the first 6 or 8 games but basically give Mahomes all the practice reps. You'd be 1-7 or something after that but so what?

Mahomes is the QB I want. He is not a long term project like Cardale but Mahomes shouldn't have to start right away. Sign a veteran and don't play Mahomes until coaches feel he is ready. If Bills are out of playoff race early Mahomes could get some snaps at the end of his first year.

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is.

He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw

at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL , good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin.

Edited by billsareback

Mahomes isn't anything like Rivers or Rodgers from a mechanics perspective. I can't remember any Quarterback in my time watching the NFL who succeeded with such bad footwork. Can it be improved? Maybe. Can he succeed despite it? Maybe. But you are right.... the NFL is not college. He will not be throwing from all angles and with terrible footwork against Big 12 defenses.

we could have a great situation for a rookie to come in here. Big time run game and potential for a top defense. But we'd need to cut tyrod. Use that cap space for gilmore, brown and other fa's. Now mahomes isn't gone at 10 but he looks to be gone in the 20's perhaps. Now do we stay at 10 and take a stud and then trade up into the 20's and get him? Or do we trade back picking up extra 2nd rounders or even a 1st next year and take him? I think trading back would be the way to go.

Its not a bad take. The question is, if you take Mahomes in the 2nd, are you gonna start him year 1 or let him learn from the pine while learning to not let that back leg move like a wacky waving inflatable arm flaling tube man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDr-c-88Hfo

The problem with waiting for him in the second round is that there is a good chance he won't be there. There are numerous qb needy teams ahead of us that would also take him in the second round. If the organization is serious about him they should trade down in the first round and then select him. The history of the Bills when waiting for a targeted qb is that we get bypassed by a more enterprising team.

The problem with waiting for him in the second round is that there is a good chance he won't be there. There are numerous qb needy teams ahead of us that would also take him in the second round. If the organization is serious about him they should trade down in the first round and then select him. The history of the Bills when waiting for a targeted qb is that we get bypassed by a more enterprising team.

i agree that trading down in the first and drafting him is a good strategy. Get an extra 2nd and take a safety and WR, and maybe recoup our 4th as well. Edited by YoloinOhio

If they trade down in the first and select Mahomes I won't love it but I will never hate them taking a shot at QBs they like (especially because if they picked up an additional 2nd for example they could probably address Safety and Receiver with good players in the 2nd). If they select a player at 10 and give up pics to come back UP into the first for Mahomes however, then I will criticise them. That would be a stupid move.

The "I like mechanics crowd" would have chosen Jared Goff over Dak Prescott last year.

It isn't mechanics I love.... I am less obsessed than most with throwing motion.... Geno Smith has one of the best throwing motions you can wish to see, Philip Rivers one of the worst. I find it is not indicator of ability to succeed in the NFL. Footwork is a bit different. It can be brushed up but Mahomes needs more than brushing up... and when your footwork is bad the list of NFL successes is not high.

The one thing I always thought Dak had over Goff (and you are right I preferred Goff as a prospect) was leadership. And it is Goff's failing in the huddle and the locker room that doomed his first year as much as his technique.

i agree that trading down in the first and drafting him is a good strategy. Get an extra 2nd and take a safety and WR, and maybe recoup our 4th as well.

What I want this team to do is not mess around and lose out on a qb prospect that they like. There are qbs in this draft such as Kizer, Watson, Trubisky who will probably go somewhere in the first round or top of the second. I don't care which one just identify the one you like and take the plunge. Ideally, if you can trade down and get picks that would work out well. If a qb such as Trubisky or whoever is more likely to be taken sooner and we have targeted that qb then just be brave and make the selection from where you are at the ten spot.

In this qb year Gunner has done a tremendous job it sketching their strengths and weaknesses. No one is an elite prospect yet there are enough good prospects to choose from. From that standpoint we are in a good position. There is no excuse for this downtrodden franchise not to come out of this draft without a legitimate qb prospect.

The "I like mechanics crowd" would have chosen Jared Goff over Dak Prescott last year.

Who is to say that Goff might turn out to be the better qb? Only time will tell. Prescott was in a good situation with Dallas. Goff was in a poorer situation from a team standpoint. When the Rams selected Goff they did it with the intention of him not playing his first year. The book is still open on both of these qbs.

Who is to say that Goff might turn out to be the better qb? Only time will tell. Prescott was in a good situation with Dallas. Goff was in a poorer situation from a team standpoint. When the Rams selected Goff they did it with the intention of him not playing his first year. The book is still open on both of these qbs.

You can be in a poor situation and still show more than Goff did last year.

this is where i stand as well

Would take him in yhr second though....

The problem with waiting for the second round is if the top drafting teams don't draft a qb in the first round passing him for higher rated players they would be more likely to take him at the top of the second round ahead of us. You could also add into the mix a lower first round team such as Houston might be interested in him.

My approach is to identify the best qb prospect for you and then be brave and snatch. If the transaction can me made with a trade down in the first then do it that way.

What I want this team to do is not mess around and lose out on a qb prospect that they like. There are qbs in this draft such as Kizer, Watson, Trubisky who will probably go somewhere in the first round or top of the second. I don't care which one just identify the one you like and take the plunge. Ideally, if you can trade down and get picks that would work out well. If a qb such as Trubisky or whoever is more likely to be taken sooner and we have targeted that qb then just be brave and make the selection from where you are at the ten spot.

In this qb year Gunner has done a tremendous job it sketching their strengths and weaknesses. No one is an elite prospect yet there are enough good prospects to choose from. From that standpoint we are in a good position. There is no excuse for this downtrodden franchise not to come out of this draft without a legitimate qb prospect.

the Bills met with Dak 5 times per sources. He was their guy last year. They didn't pull the trigger fast enough. They must be sick about it. I don't think they will make that mistake again.