The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

You can be in a poor situation and still show more than Goff did last year.

I'm not disagreeing with you that Goff struggled last year. The team expected it. My point is simply that it is very premature to make a judgment on him. It takes time. Wentz was a ball of fire when he started but the flame was extinguished as the season advanced. That is not to say that both Goff and Wentz won't be good qbs. I think each of them would. If the Rams offered Goff for a first round pick I would gleefully accept the offer.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Bills met with Dak 5 times per sources. He was their guy last year. They didn't pull the trigger fast enough. They must be sick about it. I don't think they will make that mistake again.

That's the point I have been making in my obnoxiously numerous postings on this issue. A qb starved franchise should not be passive on selecting a qb they find appealing. If the team is going to make a mistake in drafting a qb let it be the mistake of selecting the player sooner rather than later. The same sickening scenario played out with bungling Country Buddy in the Russell Wilson and Cousin draft year. Ether one would have had a dramatic effect on our team. Instead the outdated GM took a track receiver.

This bloody organization has to stop this foolishness. This franchise is crippled by its own devastating mistakes. I'm not criticizing this organization if they over draft a qb and it doesn't work out. I'm criticizing this franchise if it again allows a respectable qb prospect go by only to allow a team behind us to take advantage of our lassitude.

Please poster don't bring up the EJ selection. What the EJ selection demonstrated is that this organization took a 3rd or a 4th round prospect and took him in the first round. That was an glaring exhibition of this organization's inability to not only be able to properly evaluate qbs but also players in general.

The problem with waiting for the second round is if the top drafting teams don't draft a qb in the first round passing him for higher rated players they would be more likely to take him at the top of the second round ahead of us. You could also add into the mix a lower first round team such as Houston might be interested in him.

My approach is to identify the best qb prospect for you and then be brave and snatch. If the transaction can me made with a trade down in the first then do it that way.

I agree on this. You might want to take him with your second but if you hear 2 to 3 teams wanting to jump in front then you reconsider. Do you still like him at 20-25 in the first? Trade back and take him there.

Please poster don't bring up the EJ selection. What the EJ selection demonstrated is that this organization took a 3rd or a 4th round prospect and took him in the first round. That was an glaring exhibition of this organization's inability to not only be able to properly evaluate qbs but also players in general.

I think you have to excuse EJ and just say "yea they reached for the guy they thought was the best in that class." Glennon has done a little better but it is only a little. Neither has been good. The point is EJ can't and shouldn't make them gun shy.

I agree on this. You might want to take him with your second but if you hear 2 to 3 teams wanting to jump in front then you reconsider. Do you still like him at 20-25 in the first? Trade back and take him there.

My preference is to trade down somewhat (not dramatically) and get picks instead of going back into the lower first round by giving up picks. There are no guarantees as to what other teams are going to do. You group your prospects (in this case qbs) and if your top option is snatched from you then go to your next option. Sometimes it works out well as demonstrated by the Cowboys selecting Dak. The Cowboys locked into Lynch but Denver jumped ahead of them. They then wanted Conner Cook but Oakland took him. So they went with their next listed player who was Prescott. No need to finish the story.

lotta Cardale love in the poll thread - we got what we wanted and we're STILL bitching :D

lotta Cardale love in the poll thread - we got what we wanted and we're STILL bitching :D

i think a lot of that has to do with Dak's success. I choose to look at that as a positive rather than a negative though. I'm not afraid of starting a rookie right away if they have ample experience from college and come from a system that assimilates relatively well to the pros, and you give them a solid OL, WRs and running game. Edited by YoloinOhio

On a positive note, he reminds me of a young Brett Favre. On a negative note, he reminds me of a young Brett Favre. Doesn't seem to jive with the conservative Kubiak/Dennison offense...run the ball, take chances passing down field off the play action, and don't turn the ball over. This kid is a gun slinger.

Mahomes is my guy for the Bills and I doubt it's going to change much by April...

He's the one I want...And I would not be at all afraid to take him in the 1st...Preferably with a trade down of course...But if not I'd take him at 10 without hesitation...

I think once he gets settled in the NFL and the bad mechanics get fixed (and it's all fixable) he's going to be special...You can't teach what he does effortlessly, and he shows zero fear...His field presence reminds me of Russell Wilson...

I think he'll be better than Dak...Maybe not as a Rookie...But he certainly could be...And he's a better natural passer than Dak...

I really, really like the kid... B-)

On a positive note, he reminds me of a young Brett Favre. On a negative note, he reminds me of a young Brett Favre. Doesn't seem to jive with the conservative Kubiak/Dennison offense...run the ball, take chances passing down field off the play action, and don't turn the ball over. This kid is a gun slinger.

If they want to make QB decisions based on that we'll be looking at 27 years in no time...

Not to say they won't...This is the Bills after all... B-)

Mahomes is my guy for the Bills and I doubt it's going to change much by April...

He's the one I want...And I would not be at all afraid to take him in the 1st...Preferably with a trade down of course...But if not I'd take him at 10 without hesitation...

I think once he gets settled in the NFL and the bad mechanics get fixed (and it's all fixable) he's going to be special...You can't teach what he does effortlessly, and he shows zero fear...His field presence reminds me of Russell Wilson...

I think he'll be better than Dak...Maybe not as a Rookie...But he certainly could be...And he's a better natural passer than Dak...

100% agree

I was salivating so much that I had to wipe out the drool. :thumbsup:

To be candid I'm not locked in on any particular prospect. Each prospect has his own strengths and weaknesses. This behind the curve franchise has to do its due diligence and then act. If option A is not available then take option B who can end up being a better selection. Let's not continue to go by the failed mentality of allowing the seeking of perfection to be the enemy of the good.

I rarely jump on QB bandwagons, but I'm a big fan of Mahomes as a potential NFL QB.