Is Trump Mentally Ill?

Tiberius

So trump just berated Israel. What say you b man? Will you come back to the light? By the end of the 4 years will America have a friend left?

Berated? I just read the statement...it's by far the most benign thing to come out of the administration so far.

Israelis are whining less because of the policy statement itself (the policy is similar to, but less severe than Obama's), and more because they're trying to parse multiple conflicting statements from Trump and the Republicans over the past eight months, and have no idea what the hell's going on. The Israeli right thought they had a blank check after the blowback to the US abstention in the UN and the inauguration, and now they're surprised to find out they don't.

It's not good - more evidence of the chaotic nature of the Trump Administration. But it's not "berating" either.

When the mainstream media's putting this out :

l7pBaxp.jpg

so freaking pathetic (that headline)

fkg kkk members should have the right to speak peacefully. idc how much i disagree with someone, it is unamerican in the highest order to prevent someone from speaking. protest your asses off, but dont threaten, dont riot, dont destroy, and certainly dont prevent anyone from speaking

i vigorously try to avoid labels but this is one instance where snowflake is more than apt. shameful display of hyper liberalism gone mad

Berated? I just read the statement...it's by far the most benign thing to come out of the administration so far.

Israelis are whining less because of the policy statement itself (the policy is similar to, but less severe than Obama's), and more because they're trying to parse multiple conflicting statements from Trump and the Republicans over the past eight months, and have no idea what the hell's going on. The Israeli right thought they had a blank check after the blowback to the US abstention in the UN and the inauguration, and now they're surprised to find out they don't.

It's not good - more evidence of the chaotic nature of the Trump Administration. But it's not "berating" either.

excellent point

personally i strongly condemn the continued building of settlements but that was a great analysis of recent political winds there

you should use your powers for good like this more often

To do that would probably require the US being better economically, internationally, and with more social comity....what gives you any sense that any of this is going to happen....please give examples....be interesting to understand

If the Democrats don't stop throwing their collective hissy fit it is hard to see how any centrist would be able to vote for their candidate regardless of how ridiculous the President ends up.

If the economy isn't swirling down the bowl, can't see a scenario where the R's don't gain in the Senate though losses in the House in mid-terms is almost inevitable (though pretty sure 43 gsined seats in '02).

If it is swirling & the D's are still behaving like spoiled children, maybe we finally do see a legit 3rd party pop up. Though in the case of the economy being average/bad, I'd more expect to see R gains in the Senate & the house go D.

so freaking pathetic (that headline)

fkg kkk members should have the right to speak peacefully. idc how much i disagree with someone, it is unamerican in the highest order to prevent someone from speaking. protest your asses off, but dont threaten, dont riot, dont destroy, and certainly dont prevent anyone from speaking

i vigorously try to avoid labels but this is one instance where snowflake is more than apt. shameful display of hyper liberalism gone mad

Good to see I can agree with you on something. I would correct you on one point though - that's not hyper liberalism. Liberalism embraces freedom of speech and expression. There people seek to suppress both. That's fascism, pretty much by definition.

Trump has actually had a fairly strong beginning to his Administration, and has seen his approval rating rise to almost 60%.

You keep saying it but even Fox News is going with polls that show him at 49. http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/02/01/there-some-big-league-news-about-president-trumps-new-approval-rating

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Good to see I can agree with you on something. I would correct you on one point though - that's not hyper liberalism. Liberalism embraces freedom of speech and expression. There people seek to suppress both. That's fascism, pretty much by definition.

agreed. but i think its important that we remember partisan politics starts in a party and it becomes dysfunctional bc ppl too often take it waytf too far

theres nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative, its when we (often) shove it to the extreme that it becomes destructive

its exactly the same as after 9/11 when ppl were freaking out and went back to their perceived roots of conservatism to assuage their fears. we saw ridiculous things like 'if you arent doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about', and support for the mistreatment of pows, and lying about saddam trying to acquire yellow cake. thank god george jr was kind enough to make sure he stressed that islam as a whole was not our enemy or else we would have had another shameful round of internment camps

even after as many times as we have whipsawed back and forth like this its still shocking to see ppl so easily abandon our socially sacred ideals. how in their right minds can they think its appropriate to try to suppress free fkg speech like that? havent we learned a god damn thing in two hundred plus years. i wish i could line all of them up and smack them all on the back of their heads, live on ppv

Edited by Meathead

It's an eight year trend in which the political left has hemorrhaged seats in state legislatures, governorships, the House, the Senate, and the Presidency.

Trump has actually had a fairly strong beginning to his Administration, and has seen his approval rating rise to almost 60%.

Meanwhile, regular everyday Americans are watching as costal liberals are in complete melt down mode, dressing up as vaginas, cannibalizing itself, and throwing a perpetual temper tantrum. And they are disgusted with it.

Many of the 25 Senate seats up for grabs on the Blue side of the aisle are in contested areas, which swung for Trump, who cannot afford to be obstinate and retain their seats. Meanwhile the Republicans only have 8 seats up for grabs, most not in hotly contested states.

Not sure where you are getting 60 percent...I actually googled this and the RCP average was 49 disapprove 42 approve...

Tossing out your left wing glee...I see the fate of the midterms based on his success...unless he has some geopolitical strategy that only he seems to understand...can't see us going "up" in that category...as soon as Scotus and the AG get settled - you are going to see a long ugly fight over the periphery of religious rights...which are dear to some - but don't effect our pocket book

That gets us to pocket books...I would love to see him address what I feel he won on...the forgotten rural areas....I guess the new host of the apprentice is more important...

I consult for banks on risk management of large loans....the banks are already changing the lending profiles due to the uneasiness surrounding the DT presidency...as well...if you were to listen to the risk managers on the inside...sell your stock...

We shall see...

Edited by baskin

http://ijr.com/2017/02/792844-washington-post-has-to-make-embarrassing-correction-after-reporting-trump-threatened-to-invade-mexico/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=ods&utm_term=ijamerica&utm_content=politics

Hm.

Guess we'll have to walk back the hysteria from the WaPo about the conversation with Mexico's president, too.

More lies from the media. I, for one, am SHOCKED.

One more.

FAKE NEWS: Despite loads of media coverage, Neil Gorsuch never started a ‘Fascism Forever’ club in high school.

Well, given that all the Democrats in the Senate voted to confirm him, that’s a good thing. Otherwise, it would be awfully embarrassing for them to have voted to confirm a “Fascism Forever” founder.

I love how the left relies on Perez Hilton for their political updates.

One more.

FAKE NEWS: Despite loads of media coverage, Neil Gorsuch never started a ‘Fascism Forever’ club in high school.

Well, given that all the Democrats in the Senate voted to confirm him, that’s a good thing. Otherwise, it would be awfully embarrassing for them to have voted to confirm a “Fascism Forever” founder.

Oh I'm sure the RNC has more than one more for us!