Is Trump Mentally Ill?

Tiberius

i dont know if he qualifies as mentally ill, but i like how my dad describes him:

man-child

a filthy rich full grown man who acts and thinks like a child

after all weve seen from the donald over the decades, is anyone really surprised?

being totally serious here - my over/under on when impeachment proceedings start is ten months. and it will be republicans leading the charge. they are facing a bloodbath of enormous proportions in two years, they could lose almost every seat up for grabs. they better figure out if they can rein in this loosest of all canons or they will be back to being dominated in the next cycle

i dont know if he qualifies as mentally ill, but i like how my dad describes him:

man-child

after all weve seen from the donald over the decades, is anyone really surprised?

being totally serious here - my over/under on when impeachment proceedings start is ten months. and it will be republicans leading the charge. they are facing a bloodbath of enormous proportions in two years, they could lose almost every seat up for grabs. they better figure out if they can rein in this loosest of all canons or they will be back to being dominated in the next cycle

I have no doubt that Trump is going to alienate the Republicans at some point (my over/under is at about six months). But I don't think it'll lead to impeachment - frankly, and Clinton notwithstanding, impeachment is a pretty high bar.

I also don't think the Republicans are going to be in that much trouble come mid-terms, as they're running against a Democratic party that has gone fully loony and is doing it's best to alienate any voter who isn't cultishly devoted to them. That could change...but I'm not seeing where the Democrats have the merest shred of self-awareness to even understand how they're basically doubling-down on the same strategy that lost them 2016.

man-child

The President has to actually commit a crime to be impeached.

Further, President Trump's approval rating has climbed to almost 60%; and that's because he's actually honoring his campaign promises.

Add to that the fact that very, very few Republican Congressional seats are up in two years, as opposed to many held by Democrats; the fact that the SCOTUS will likely be 6-3 in favor of conservatives and Constitutionalists; the strangle hold Republicans have on state and local governments; and that the temper tantrums the left are throwing are completely unpalatable to the overwhelming majority of Americans... well...

Let's just say I think it's going to be a long, long time before the left is relevant again

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

SALENA ZITO: Grassroots rage and the Democrats’ crackup.

The base’s tack —
arguing that Trump is akin to Hitler, when he takes actions that many of his voters find at least arguably appropriate, even if they have questions — cuts off debate.

It’s a mistake Hillary Clinton made in trying to scare voters away from Trump rather than articulating why she was the right choice.

And now the angry left, thinking it’s learning from Clinton’s mistakes, is actually repeating one of her biggest. Essentially, the Clinton faction won the party’s nomination, but the Bernie Sanders faction won the day.

Instead of offering independents, moderate Democrats or reluctant Republicans an alternative, those non-liberals see protests after protest, outrage after outrage — and they’re tuning the anger out and going on with the business of life.

It appears that the Trump team grasps that with a strategy zeroed on making the Democrats constantly play defense.

Says Sracic, “Trump issues an executive order beginning the process of dismantling the ACA, and Democrats respond by saying he is trying to ‘Make America Sick Again. People think, however, that the ACA needs to be improved. Where is the Democratic alternative?

“You can argue the same thing about immigration, taxes and regulations, all subjects of Trump executive orders.”

I’m not overly fond of rule-by-EO, but there’s a big difference between EOs used to circumvent Congress (“I have a pen and a phone”) and orders written in harmony with Congressional action (ObamaCare repeal).

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/256227/

I have no doubt that Trump is going to alienate the Republicans at some point (my over/under is at about six months). But I don't think it'll lead to impeachment - frankly, and Clinton notwithstanding, impeachment is a pretty high bar.

I also don't think the Republicans are going to be in that much trouble come mid-terms, as they're running against a Democratic party that has gone fully loony and is doing it's best to alienate any voter who isn't cultishly devoted to them. That could change...but I'm not seeing where the Democrats have the merest shred of self-awareness to even understand how they're basically doubling-down on the same strategy that lost them 2016.

Add to that the fact that Democrats are defending 25 Senate seats while Republicans are defending only 8, I find it far more likely that the Republicans find themselves with a super-majority after the 2018 elections.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Add to that the fact that Democrats are defending 25 Senate seats while Republicans are defending only 8, I find it far more likely that the Republicans find themselves with a super-majority after the 2018 elections.

My sister-in-law will be reduced to an incoherent, babbling gorp if that happens. I hope I'm there to see it.

i didnt say they would necessarily succeed with impeachment. but if he continues in this grossly reckless manner i expect they may try just to create political space away from him and hopefully get him to see he cant continue on this tack. with all his conflicts of interest it wouldnt be hard to gin something up, and lord knows the republicans are absolute masters at ginning things up

i dont keep up with how many seats are available so i will take your word on that. but this feels like an entirely wrong direction to take the country and the world in and i fully expect its going to blow up in his face in dramatic fashion. even republicans wont just sit around and let him continue to do damage to our interests in this way

what a fkd up mess our politics are. holy hell. if we elected hillary we would have a further lurch left into crazy pc land. we elected this idiot and got pretty much exactly what i would have expected. it so thoroughly disheartening and embarrassing. its extremely hard to watch

Edited by Meathead

The President has to actually commit a crime to be impeached.

Further, President Trump's approval rating has climbed to almost 60%; and that's because he's actually honoring his campaign promises.

Add to that the fact that very, very few Republican Congressional seats are up in two years, as opposed to many held by Democrats; the fact that the SCOTUS will likely be 6-3 in favor of conservatives and Constitutionalists; the strangle hold Republicans have on state and local governments; and that the temper tantrums the left are throwing are completely unpalatable to the overwhelming majority of Americans... well...

Let's just say I think it's going to be a long, long time before the left is relevant again

His approval rating is what? http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

i didnt say they would necessarily succeed with impeachment. but if he continues in this grossly reckless manner i expect they may try just to create political space away from him and hopefully get him to see he cant continue on this tack. with all his conflicts of interest it wouldnt be hard to gin something up, and lord knows the republicans are absolute masters at ginning things up

The Republicans will do that; they just won't do it with impeachment proceedings. It'll be a gradual distancing, with McConnell and Ryan making gradually stronger public statements about their "concern." And they'll be excoriated as weak for it by the left, because their mantra for the last eight years has been "Fire, ready, aim," and now it's compounded with this tectonic shift into irrational histrionic exaggeration.

what a fkd up mess our politics are. holy hell. if we elected hillary we would have a further lurch left into crazy pc land. we elected this idiot and got pretty much exactly what i would have expected. it so thoroughly disheartening and embarrassing. its extremely hard to watch

Worse...with Hillary, we would have gotten the same authoritarianism, but without her being put under a microscope for it. The Cheeto-dust-golem-in-Chief is providing a necessary service by demonstrating the original intent of the Constitution: the establishment of an anti-authoritarian system of government where power is decentralized and checked enough that putting a single retarded lunatic in power can't fundamentally damage it.

I don't see him higher than 40s on any non wingnut site.

You'll note the sites placing him in the 40's are drastically oversampling Democrats, have been displaying a clearly anti-Trump bias in "reporting", carried water for Hillary in the election run-up, and were completely wrong in their polling prediction the election outcome.

Why should they be listened to now?

Who? Australia?

It was a bad deal engineered by Obama, taking refugees that couldn't pass -their- standards.

And that is the reason to go off on their prime minister and then brag about your electoral victory?

There's value to making your opponents think you're a bit unhinged. There's zero value to proving to everyone that you could very well be unhinged.

And that is the reason to go off on their prime minister and then brag about your electoral victory?

There's value to making your opponents think you're a bit unhinged. There's zero value to proving to everyone that you could very well be unhinged.

Is there an actual transcript somewhere of the call?