Rick Dennison new O Coord

Heitz

Just among us fans I'm not sure what to think about any of these hires, BUT I'm encouraged that the HC and coordinators don't appear to be straight-up crony hires like we've seen in the past five years. I see experience, merit, and opportunity. Giddy up.

Agree

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he still wants to prove something, for himself. We'll learn his motivation later on.

True, I feel you. Jim Kelly's shadow looms large here. we'll see what this coaching staff and Doug will do. It is possible to win without a great QB. Heck if Rex's D had been half as good as his Raven's or early Jets D with the O we had the last 2 years, the results would have been different. And that's why he got fired and we all know that. Bright side is we got something to look forward to the 2018 QB draft class. I hope Bills tank this year.

Nine months until we play a real game and you want them to tank? People that talk that way make me go nuts. How about I hope we go 19-0? Unbelievable!

Classic TSW thread. 90% of the people have to Google "Rick Dennison" to figure out who he is. Read up on his wiki and 10 minutes later... "Great Hire!"

More like 60%. The other 40% go read the Broncos' fan forum and 10 minutes later..."he sucks!"

Like I said upthread, the best thing about this hire is that the Bills didn't telegraph it and there were no leaks. McD clearly has a plan. Nobody knows how it will turn out yet.

Really good choice. Both these coordinators are the kind of unflashy grinders I imagine McDermott wants to be around.

EDIT: I also think it likely means good news for Tyrod.

^

This, me thinks..

The whole staff is uninspiring, but that's not a bad thing. I suppose after 'the MOUTH', anything seems tame by comparison. No flashy names, but impressive resumes on all of them. Here's to hoping for the best. :beer:

I hope this is a joke......

Geez dude what's the big deal? Can't be related to a poet because that isn't "football" enough? I don't think it would help him or anything, it would just be interesting. I don't think it would hurt either. Marv quoted old guys all the time.

Geez dude what's the big deal? Can't be related to a poet because that isn't "football" enough? I don't think it would help him or anything, it would just be interesting. I don't think it would hurt either. Marv quoted old guys all the time.

Tennyson

lol

: )

I know very little about him.

I did go to the Broncos thread and saw the entire fan base laughing and saying thank you to buffalo for getting him out of Denver.

That cant be a good sign.

Hopfeully it works.

and if they went to the Chargers board they would see all their fans (what's left of them anyway ) laughing and saying thank you for taking Mike McCoy back and getting him away from their team.

Looks like he worked with Castillo in Baltimore too. This has been in the works for a while guys. The "reported" OC interviews were likely all QB coach interviews.

Absolutely. I've said for over a week now, as did many other posters here, all the reported interviews were either A) not actually happening and it was bad info to our sleuthy local reporters or B) they were interviewing for QB coach job

Like that farce that was Greg Olsen, he was never getting consideration for the OC job and thats why he took the QB job out west...he didn't "bail on the bills" as Sal or Vic reported, he just chose to be on the west coast in same position.

Don't listen to the media, they never know anything - aside from occasional Wawrow nuggets

Edited by PaattMaann