Chad Kelly: Best place to get drafted? Fox Sports says...

Farve was drafted by Atlanta.

This is correct. He was known as "Buckhead Brett" during his time here. (which would be the same has being called "Chippewa Brett" in Buffalo) Getting sent to Green Bay was the best thing for him.

Edited by Tisker A Tasker

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should tell you something. QBs with talent still fail. Favre would have been a dud if the Packers didn't straighten him out. QB potential is more than a number assigned in Madden Football.

Just saying if Kelly did some of the stuff he did in his heydey now, there would have been way more headlines.

I agree with this but somehow Big Ben has been able to survive the internet age. As long as there is no video people will overlook anything as long as the player is good.

Talent wise he is up there with the tops, IMO.

but the issues drag him down so much.

Again in rds 4+ i see no issue with Buffalo taking a flyer on him.

Hopefulyl he gets his head out of his arse

Kelly won't even be drafted. He'll go UDFA if at all. Don't waste a draft pick on him.

Chad Kelly is insanely overrated, almost as overrated as Mitch Trubisky

it's the media attempting to overdraft the position. same media who said we were considering nassib in the first among other teams who then went in the 4th. all this media stuff falling in love with qb's in weak drafts where guys then fall to where they should. i wouldn't be surprised to see no qb's in the top 10.

I don't know about him as a player... but if he was drafted here and turned into Johnny Manzel... his uncle would kick his A$$. Cancer and all, Jim never took BS when he played or from anyone. He is no joke tough.

Let Chad screw up here and Jim will beat the crap out of him from his hospital bed if need be.

Edited by Iraq Vet

it's the media attempting to overdraft the position. same media who said we were considering nassib in the first among other teams who then went in the 4th. all this media stuff falling in love with qb's in weak drafts where guys then fall to where they should. i wouldn't be surprised to see no qb's in the top 10.

Agents, agents, agents.

I don't know about him as a player... but if he was drafted here and turned into Johnny Manzel... his uncle would kick his A$$. Cancer and all, Jim never took BS when he played or from anyone. He is no joke tough.

Let Chad screw up here and Jim will beat the crap out of him from his hospital bed if need be.

If Jim hasn't kicked his ass by now he never will.

You asked if he would ask the same questions if he was an African-American. That had NOTHING to do with the conversation. You brought race into it and I'm just trying to figure out why or what you were getting at?

This is getting good, need some popcorn.

Agents, agents, agents.

If Jim hasn't kicked his ass by now he never will.

Very interesting, I am sure Jim has intervened in some capacity, at least I hope so. The kid definitley needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror. Edited by DirtDart

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nfl-rebels-nfl-executive-talks-about-chad-kelly-s-future-122816

"Teams that I could see Kelly excelling at would be Buffalo, New England, or Denver. The best scenario out of those three for Kelly would be Buffalo where he could find some playing time."

Thoughts??

No thanks

It's amazing how much time we have spent talking about a guy that is ranked as the 15th best QB by Matt Miller (although a couple of guys went back to school). We are dedicating pages to turning the franchise over to the 13th QB to be drafted. Levi Brown was the 12th QB taken in 2010. Kelly is not the future of this franchise or likely any franchise. I realize that his uncle is Jim Kelly but that's not the reason to blow a draft pick on a guy that has tons of issues.

Where did Matt Miller have Tom Brady rated? Or Matt Hasselbeck, Dak Presott, Drew Brees? These "evaluators" get it wrong too

I've seen a lot of him here in Mississippi. He went to East Mississippi Community College after getting booted out of Clemson and before Ole Miss. You like to think he will mature after each incident but he never seems to. That being said, if he gets his head on straight and that's a big if, he has all the tools. I think he will be 10 times the pro QB that Deshaun Watson, who many are yelling for at #10, ever will be.

THANK YOU!! The TAPE DONT LIE!!

Playing for his hometown and being in his uncle shadow is probably the worse situation for this kid. Not to mention he's not the biggest of QB and takes a lot of chances and has character concerns raise a major red flag. I say draft someone else, Pat Mahomes is an interesting thought if we don't take someone in Round 1.

He's been playing in his uncles "shadow" since he put on a helmet and shoulder pads. This kid is talented and the Bills shouldn't pass on him

I don't think Chad will be drafted

Me neither

Kelly won't even be drafted. He'll go UDFA if at all. Don't waste a draft pick on him.

Can we call him Chad Football? 'Cause he reminds me a lot of Johnny Foolsball.

Some team won't pass on his talent and it's not fair to clump him in with Johnny Manziel

Where did Matt Miller have Tom Brady rated? Or Matt Hasselbeck, Dak Presott, Drew Brees? These "evaluators" get it wrong too

He's been playing in his uncles "shadow" since he put on a helmet and shoulder pads. This kid is talented and the Bills shouldn't pass on him

Johnny Manziel and Ryan Leaf had talent too. Yet they ended up busts, it happens and and don't think asking him to play in the shadow of his uncle and playing for his hometown would suit him well.

Johnny Manziel and Ryan Leaf had talent too. Yet they ended up busts, it happens and and don't think asking him to play in the shadow of his uncle and playing for his hometown would suit him well.

Manziel wasn't a "pocket passer". He made scramble plays, plays with his legs. Kelly makes plays from the pocket as well as with his legs. Who knew Ryan Leaf would become an arse because there wasn't any indication of it coming out of college.

Some team won't pass on his talent and it's not fair to clump him in with Johnny Manziel

If the tape don't lie, how can you think Kelly is better than Watson?