Chad Kelly: Best place to get drafted? Fox Sports says...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want SMART players. Not some idiot with a strong arm.

What was Jim Kelly coming out of college? Chad Kelly is a knucklehead and immature. That being said I have seen almost every college game that he played. He is by far the best NFL ready passer in the draft and it's not even close. He's definitely a boom or bust pick. If he gets his head on straight he has immense talent. But that's a big if.

He's a UDFA at best.

This.

Given his resume for being an off the field distraction, he should be thankful if he gets a camp invite. Every time he's gotten responsibility put on him he's let the team down. He doesn't have the physical gifts of Jamarcus Russell (who got drafted in a different era by a poorly run team) or the on field resume of Manziel (who also got drafted by a poorly run team). It's an awful idea to use a draft pick on him.

Me and Rob disagree entirely on Chad. Let's just say, there's a reason this didn't fall on my to-do list :)

time to get on the Kelly train Blokes, you just know how Pegula loves nostalgia. Plus he does have the best arm in the class and quite some time and nice wheels to boot. I honestly don't get all the hate, if he can overcome throwing into triple coverage there is no reason why he can't be a great player in the League. I think people hate just because he is a Kelly and just as many love him for the same reason but think he can actually play. If you switch his junior and senior yrs he is in the discussion with the top QBs of this class.

time to get on the Kelly train Blokes, you just know how Pegula loves nostalgia. Plus he does have the best arm in the class and quite some time and nice wheels to boot. I honestly don't get all the hate, if he can overcome throwing into triple coverage there is no reason why he can't be a great player in the League. I think people hate just because he is a Kelly and just as many love him for the same reason but think he can actually play. If you switch his junior and senior yrs he is in the discussion with the top QBs of this class.

I think he's fundamentally reckless as a starting point. The good plays are more flashes than something I think you can build around. I don't deny that he's got a huge arm but he acts like he can get away with murder because of it. A positive is only a positive if it's a positive. His junior year racks up 20+ picks if his passes weren't so hard for defenders to catch.

The regression that I expected to happen did happen. You can attribute it primarily to Treadwell leaving but therein lies the point. He had less talent around him to bail him out, something he needs even when he's at his very best. I buy him as being aggressive, which is a good thing. At times I think that spills over into Hero Syndrome, like a firefighter turned arsonist just to get the glory for putting the fires out.

His play is borderline draftable for me. Counting in a 2nd ACL tear, that raises questions about durable and longevity, he's closer to a PFA grade. Add in the fact that I think he's a complete fruitcake, no thanks.

I think he's fundamentally reckless as a starting point. The good plays are more flashes than something I think you can build around. I don't deny that he's got a huge arm but he acts like he can get away with murder because of it. A positive is only a positive if it's a positive. His junior year racks up 20+ picks if his passes weren't so hard for defenders to catch.

The regression that I expected to happen did happen. You can attribute it primarily to Treadwell leaving but therein lies the point. He had less talent around him to bail him out, something he needs even when he's at his very best. I buy him as being aggressive, which is a good thing. At times I think that spills over into Hero Syndrome, like a firefighter turned arsonist just to get the glory for putting the fires out.

His play is borderline draftable for me. Counting in a 2nd ACL tear, that raises questions about durable and longevity, he's closer to a PFA grade. Add in the fact that I think he's a complete fruitcake, no thanks.

He had Engram and Stringfellow too. He has been blessed with really good pass catchers.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nfl-rebels-nfl-executive-talks-about-chad-kelly-s-future-122816

"Teams that I could see Kelly excelling at would be Buffalo, New England, or Denver. The best scenario out of those three for Kelly would be Buffalo where he could find some playing time."

Thoughts??

I can see him working out in NE. That's one team that can handle a problem child.

He had Engram and Stringfellow too. He has been blessed with really good pass catchers.

Not to mention a LT that would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn't for an untimely tweet.

Bottom line is Freeze sold his program (literally) to a bunch of morons in order to turn it around in the win column, Kelly was the ring leader for the group.

you're nuts :D

I can see him working out in NE. That's one team that can handle a problem child.

we have a new sheriff in town, I would be WAY more concerned if RexZilla was still here.

Deshaun Watson has a top 10 pick at receiver. Did you hold that against him?

No, I don't hold it against anybody but it has to be factored in when evaluating a guy. Was that play a function of a great throw, a great catch or both. It works the other way too. If a QB has guys that cant get open, or guys that can't block is he hiding those flaws? You have to factor in a lot of different things when evaluating a QB. Chad Kelly has played with good pass catchers at Ole Miss and Deshaun Watson has played with good pass catchers at Clemson.

His regression this past season was also due to having an awful Oline. He lost Fahn cooper and Tunsil to the NFL. Plus a starting guard graduated his junior year. That's the main reason he regressed

No, I don't hold it against anybody but it has to be factored in when evaluating a guy. Was that play a function of a great throw, a great catch or both. It works the other way too. If a QB has guys that cant get open, or guys that can't block is he hiding those flaws? You have to factor in a lot of different things when evaluating a QB. Chad Kelly has played with good pass catchers at Ole Miss and Deshaun Watson has played with good pass catchers at Clemson.

I agree with you 100%. Let's move that logic forward and apply it to Tyrod, who when Sammy was out which was quite a bit the past two years, played with one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL in the past 10 years. Yet many, I'm not saying you, crucify him here daily on this board. I guess my point is that picking and choosing what metrics, standards and statistics we use to judge players just to make our own personal opinion about them seem valid is the wrong way to look at it. The constant refrain of "I'm right and if you don't agree then your stupid" on this board ruins the appeal of it to those of us who just want to discuss Bills football because we love the Bills. Sorry to rant.

The hate comes mostly from him being a giant douche bag. He is the exact type of !@#$ player that nobody wants to root for. His character is ghetto.