Chad Kelly: Best place to get drafted? Fox Sports says...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about him as a player... but if he was drafted here and turned into Johnny Manzel... his uncle would kick his A$$. Cancer and all, Jim never took BS when he played or from anyone. He is no joke tough.

Let Chad screw up here and Jim will beat the crap out of him from his hospital bed if need be.

What a pipe dream. Chad has grown up/lived in Buffalo his whole life and has NUMEROUS local incidents, and his uncle hasn't stepped in once. This will not happen.

Where did Matt Miller have Tom Brady rated? Or Matt Hasselbeck, Dak Presott, Drew Brees? These "evaluators" get it wrong too

He had Dak Prescott at 5. Those other guys were probably before he started his evaluations but Brees was the 1st pick in the 2nd round. If you want to take Prescott, Brady and Hasselbeck as the mid-to late round prospects you should account for the 127 other QBs drafted between 1998-2016 in the 4th round or later. You have a 2.36% chance of getting one of those guys if you drafted a QB in the 4th or later in that time frame. I don't know about you but I don't think that the best course of action for turning this football team around is a 1-50 chance. You get better odds picking a number on the roulette wheel.

Some team won't pass on his talent and it's not fair to clump him in with Johnny Manziel

Miller projects him as the last pick in his latest 7 round mock. I don't think that it is a given at all that he gets drafted.

Why not? It's very fair. Both have shown similar red flags.

Except Manziel produced boatloads more production in the SEC.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• 4 weeks later...

Arm strength/ accuracy

There probably isn’t a quarterback in the 2017 quarterback class with a stronger arm than Kelly’s. He’s got an absolute cannon and is capable of shredding defenses at all three levels of the field. He throws with touch and anticipation while showing the ability to change the velocity and trajectory on his passes, making Kelly one of the most lethal deep throwers in the nation.

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/09/bills-2017-nfl-draft-targets-ole-miss-qb-chad-kelly-scouting-report/

Edited by ALF

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nfl-rebels-nfl-executive-talks-about-chad-kelly-s-future-122816

"Teams that I could see Kelly excelling at would be Buffalo, New England, or Denver. The best scenario out of those three for Kelly would be Buffalo where he could find some playing time."

Thoughts??

He has been a chronic mess in college, doing something stupid on a regular basis. The only reason this kid is tied to Buffalo is because if his last name. If he's available in the 5th round take him no higher

I like Kelly a lot. I'm a big Ole Miss fan so I'm biased. I wouldn't mind the Bills grabbing him in the late 4th or 5th. I think he will play with a similar mentality or swagger like Fitz with a arm like Cutler. I just seeing him as a guy who keeps us in games but ultimately makes a Fitzmagic turnover to finish us

I want SMART players. Not some idiot with a strong arm.

But that's just what his Uncle was. Jim Kelley was a party animal who was also not too bright, but had a cannon. Sounds pretty similar to me. I'm sure he will grow up and he's definitely not Johnny Manziel as some have suggested.

But that's just what his Uncle was. Jim Kelley was a party animal who was also not too bright, but had a cannon. Sounds pretty similar to me. I'm sure he will grow up and he's definitely not Johnny Manziel as some have suggested.

Kelly may not have been smart in some areas, the football field wasn't one of them. Part of the nohuddle success was attributed to kelly processing things on the field so quickly. He saw things on the field 2-3 steps quicker than most players.

how do you know? he's got a long history of ugly stuff