Chad Kelly: Best place to get drafted? Fox Sports says...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you must have hated Brett Favre then.

Brett Favre might have washed out of the league if he didn't go to Green Bay. Green Bay forced him to show up 4-5AM every morning. Brett eventually was broken in correctly because if he got drafted somewhere else he might not have worked on his game.

Edited by jeffismagic

Brett Favre might have washed out of the league if he didn't go to Green Bay. Green Bay forced him to show up 4-5AM every morning. Brett eventually was broken in correctly because if he got drafted somewhere else he might not have worked on his game.

Farve was drafted by Atlanta.

The 1st incompletion a Bills QB throws the WGR phone line will light up with some random guy saying "they oughtta get dat Kelly kid in dere. Jim Kelly is the best QB we've ever had and I think that Chad will be next."

If this board is any indication, they've probably had dozens of those calls already.

Farve was drafted by Atlanta.

Yes, and then he was traded.

During the whole year after I drafted him, it was partly his fault -- Favre was always late for meetings, drinking a lot, didn't even know the scout plays. He couldn't even run the scout team, they were telling me. I'm not there every day, I might be there through Tuesday and then I'd go out [to scout] for a couple of days, and every time I'd come back they'd say, "Oh, you should see what your guy did today." It was always my guy. It wasn't our guy. It was my guy. And I had no defense. I couldn't come back and say, "This is what he can do."

Favre has admitted many times that he was a train wreck as a rookie. He partied, missed meetings and team functions and knew he had fallen into Glanville's doghouse.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17211520/how-brett-favre-landed-green-bay-packers-made-happen

Edited by jeffismagic

what a comment!.. just for sh%^&tz and grins , would say the same thing if kelly was african american? ,lets not have any compassion now.. just rush to judgement..

I don't understand your point. He's not African-American, so why the what-if question?

What-if he was half human and half alien like Starlord?

What-if he was a girl?

What-if questions that can never be are just stupid.

Bringing race into a discussion that has nothing to do with anything...

also stupid.

During the whole year after I drafted him, it was partly his fault -- Favre was always late for meetings, drinking a lot, didn't even know the scout plays. He couldn't even run the scout team, they were telling me. I'm not there every day, I might be there through Tuesday and then I'd go out [to scout] for a couple of days, and every time I'd come back they'd say, "Oh, you should see what your guy did today." It was always my guy. It wasn't our guy. It was my guy. And I had no defense. I couldn't come back and say, "This is what he can do."

Favre has admitted many times that he was a train wreck as a rookie. He partied, missed meetings and team functions and knew he had fallen into Glanville's doghouse.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/17211520/how-brett-favre-landed-green-bay-packers-made-happen

Glanville was a fool and wanted personnel control if I'm remembering correctly.

The 1st incompletion a Bills QB throws the WGR phone line will light up with some random guy saying "they oughtta get dat Kelly kid in dere. Jim Kelly is the best QB we've ever had and I think that Chad will be next."

a dialect?? as far as your imitation of a caller to WGR? Curious.. enlighten me.. what dialect is that ?

That should tell you something. QBs with talent still fail. Favre would have been a dud if the Packers didn't straighten him out. QB potential is more than a number assigned in Madden Football.

there are also far more idiots with strong arms that have led to failure.

Just saying if Kelly did some of the stuff he did in his heydey now, there would have been way more headlines.

That should tell you something. QBs with talent still fail. Favre would have been a dud if the Packers didn't straighten him out. QB potential is more than a number assigned in Madden Football.

Just saying if Kelly did some of the stuff he did in his heydey now, there would have been way more headlines.

Which is why I want the Bills to prioritize QB coaching both at a micro and macro level.

Need the right offensive system + QB guru to develop our own diamond.

Edited by jeffismagic

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/nfl-rebels-nfl-executive-talks-about-chad-kelly-s-future-122816

"Teams that I could see Kelly excelling at would be Buffalo, New England, or Denver. The best scenario out of those three for Kelly would be Buffalo where he could find some playing time."

Thoughts??

Hopefully it's like 2013 when the media had it all set that we were going to draft Nassib because our HC was Marrone. Buffalo is going to draft Kelly because, Kelly!

I hope, No. I think he needs to finish growing up before he could excel anywhere, and he's not going to get the chance in NE or Denver.

I think he needs to finish growing up before he could excel anywhere, and he's not going to get the chance in NE or Denver.

i think the idea that he just needs to grow up may be a disservice to youth and something that enables terrible people.

i dont think that he needs to grow up. i think that he needs to decide to be a functioning member of society. with the volume, these dont strike me as youthful transgressions as much as just being a poor quality person after awhile.

Edited by NoSaint

Thought: No thanks to Manziel 2.0.

I don't like this comparison as much as I feel CK plays like a poor man's Jay Cutler. Great arm, can make all the throws, but terrible decision making. Tries to force the ball frequently resulting in too many turnovers. I actually think CK is a more polished NFL QB prospect than Manziel ever was. But that's not saying much.

I don't see the Bills waiting until the 4th round to take a QB - how is he different than Cardale at this point? He's a big body, big arm with potential but numerous question marks. If they're taking a QB, it someone for Whaley to bank his career on, and it won't be day 3 of the draft in my opinion.