Rapsheet: Cowboys priority is trade Romo. Not to Broncos

dezertbill

The RapSheet story is Denver is not interested.

'Zona is a fair call but I suspect they will roll one more year with Palmer.

Yeah I was just pointing out fits that made sense for Romo.

For all we know Houston, NYJ.......ANY OF THOSE TEAMS......have no interest in Romo.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get down with this.

DW is in full-blown self preservation mode. He just might have what it takes.

Self preservation mode will be the opposite of making a risky high priced trade for a risky QB in the hopes of making the postseason. If it blows up, Dougie would be gone.

Many thought Denver would be prime spot for Romo but with them out I think it lands on Texans or Bills.

I think with our new coaching staff Romo gives us consideration. Two years from Romo would give Cardale time to grow.

This is of course plan B if they don't want TT

But facing Dallas as much as Carolina has Im sure McDermott would love to have a QB like Romo.

Although Texans D and being close to Dallas would be enticing for Romo, I see the Bills offering more in trade (making cap room to do so) if they really wanted him.

i'm in favor of this but how do you know that this is their priority to trade him at all let alone to the Bills and not the Broncos?

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

"Hey Tony, we're paying you $9mil to be an assistant QB coach. STFU and cash your check" :thumbsup:

Me: Okaaaaaaaay. *shuffles away*

Ditch TT and trade for Romo. If he stays healthy, the Bills go 12-4 and make a postseason run. If he gets hurt, we go 4-12 and get a top 5 pick for the next great QB.

Win - win.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think I agree with FC...

:beer:

Edited by Heitz

I can get down with this.

DW is in full-blown self preservation mode. He just might have what it takes.

That is so much baloney. Who gives a GM on thin ice charge of a head coach search? Edited by PromoTheRobot

3rd rounder for romo seems really high to me. Not a trade I would make.

Best place for Romo is backup in Dallas. That's where he should want to be too. Old and broken QB who should be relegated to backup duty hopefully never seeing the field again but raking in millions in the process.

Seriously?? where talking near elite QB, they don't come for cheap.

Ditch TT and trade for Romo. If he stays healthy, the Bills go 12-4 and make a postseason run. If he gets hurt, we go 4-12 and get a top 5 pick for the next great QB.

Win - win.

:thumbsup:

Teams also don't usually give up a high pick for an injury prone soon to be 37 year old QB who is still owed $50m.

that deal gets restructured, I'd do a third in a heart beat.

1) Houston.....near home......top ranked D.....Hopkins.....probably take a paycut......but Jerry probably doesn't want him in-state.

2) Denver.....championship pedigree team.....QB friendly organization

3) LA Rams.....top young offensive mind at HC.......relatively talented young roster......up for grabs division and team has a history of beating Seahawks......chance to build off field resume in major media market....Rams could use a big name to create interest

4) NY Jets......VERY nice WR corps and decent run game.....otherwise comparable talent to Buffalo......major media market to get started on post football career.....no realistic chance to win division.

5) Bills.........last resort.....new, unproven coach/staff......Watkins and McCoy but results skewed by unique QB/system........organization with huge losing stigma in a near impossible situation wrt winning the division

Do you think what these teams offer will play into thier decision at all?

We lost out on Alex Smith because even though we offered the same, the Cheaps pick was earlier than ours so the Whiners went with it. Wasn't just because they don't like the Bills.

Edited by reddogblitz

Would I like to have Romo for a couple of years as a bridge to someone they draft at #10 (or higher, if they deem it necessary to get the kid they may want)

YES... depending on what it takes to get him... (2nd rd pick maybe?)

Or maybe acquire AJ McCarron or another vet FA guy but the Bills need to draft a kid high if they hope to get a true franchise QB...

I don't see what some people see in Cardale Jones... He is what used to be called a PROJECT... 4th rd Projects rarely pan out...

Let's also not forget that in essence the defense will be bolstered by Ragland and Lawson this year assuming they have both recovered from their injuries...

Would I like to have Romo for a couple of years as a bridge to someone they draft at #10 (or higher, if they deem it necessary to get the kid they may want)

Or maybe acquire AJ McCarron or another vet FA guy but the Bills need to draft a kid high if they hope to get a true franchise QB...

I don't see what some people see in Cardale Jones... He is what used to be called a PROJECT... 4th rd Projects rarely pan out...

Let's also not forget that in essence the defense will be bolstered by Ragland and Lawson this year assuming they have both recovered from their injuries...

Cardale is a project. That's what people see. He has immense physical skills. He was always going to take a few years but if he develops he could be a star. It isn't likely but not every guy has that upside. In fact, barely any guys have that upside.

EXACTLY!!! If Elway don't want him, why would I? Broncos said Yes to a weak armed Manning, but No to Romo

Where does it say Broncos don't want him?

Do you think what these teams offer will play into thier decision at all?

We lost out on Alex Smith because even though we offered the same, the Cheaps pick was earlier than ours so the Whiners went with it. Wasn't just because they don't like the Bills.

I don't remember seeing anything about us being interested in Smith?

I'd add the Jets and depending on who ends up there as GM and HC the 49ers to the list of possible destinations.

Buffalo

San Francisco

Houston

New York Jets

Of those teams, I think only Houston is "close enough" to make that trade. Bills, Jets and Niners are not serious playoff contenders with Romo, so should just take their lumps with younger guys (IMHO).

I want TT back

but

If this is the direction we go so be it......we need to draft a qb if we do this (but we also needed to draft one if we kept TT and his option)

John, I don't see us drafting a QB this year in a weak draft. THey would have to draft someone who is better than Jones. I think Jones will get better with a full off season program and might surprise everyone in camp

Desperation makes a lot of questionable decisions seem reasonable. I am not very enamored with any QB in this draft and I wouldn't spend more than a 3rd (at most) to get a guy like McCarron).

Just because the Bills NEED a QB, does not mean that there is one available.

In hind-sight, it would have been wise to outbid KC for Alex Smith.