Rapsheet: Cowboys priority is trade Romo. Not to Broncos

dezertbill

On Sirius they were saying no team is giving up high pick for him with that contract. They will be lucky to get a late rd pick. They may need to release him, but Cowboys might just decide to keep him for the difference in cap. It would be like 9 mill for best backup in league, and their starter is making peanuts.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sirius they were saying no team is giving up high pick for him with that contract. They will be lucky to get a late rd pick. They may need to release him, but Cowboys might just decide to keep him for the difference in cap. It would be like 9 mill for best backup in league, and their starter is making peanuts.

I don't think Tony will want to stay and may force their hand

I'm sure he figures that he is getting old in the tooth and has X number of years left and it's not many. That's a given.

IMO, however, he has two or three at most playing years left regardless of whether he is 36 or 38 or whatever. It's the wear and tear. So it may be the best thing for him to almost redshirt this year as a backup to Dak, rarely if ever play, and get his body the rest. Then play his two or three more years. If something happens to Dak, he's suddenly the Cowboys savior again next season.

I don't think Tony will want to stay and may force their hand

He will want out, probably already does. He knows his time as a starting QB and as a player in general is nearing the end.

what a stupid idea, but hey, for the three years of suck about to happen, who cares who the QB is

Yeah, stupid. Why avoid the three years of suck?

Don't know what they're talking about. His cap flips in 17 and its a smaller hit to trade or release him than to pay him. The buying team picks up $19mil/yr for next three years though.

1) Houston.....near home......top ranked D.....Hopkins.....probably take a paycut......but Jerry probably doesn't want him in-state.

2) Denver.....championship pedigree team.....QB friendly organization

3) LA Rams.....top young offensive mind at HC.......relatively talented young roster......up for grabs division and team has a history of beating Seahawks......chance to build off field resume in major media market....Rams could use a big name to create interest

4) NY Jets......VERY nice WR corps and decent run game.....otherwise comparable talent to Buffalo......major media market to get started on post football career.....no realistic chance to win division.

5) Bills.........last resort.....new, unproven coach/staff......Watkins and McCoy but results skewed by unique QB/system........organization with huge losing stigma in a near impossible situation wrt winning the division

I'm as pessimistic as they come, but the Bills are easily 2nd on that list of plausible options.

Houston - they are stuck with Brock for at least another year barring they hit the lotto on a drafted QB. They can't take on another big QB contract.

LA - they just picked a QB at 1st overall. They are committed to finding out about him for at least another year or two.

NY Jets - questionable OL, older receivers, Forte is 31. Whats their offense? Whose is their OC?

Buffalo - Sammy Watkins and McCoy. Charles Clay is good. Pretty good OL. Could potentially draft another target at 10.

Denver - they are the clear favourite for Romo if he wants to go there and they want him.

Dallas probably has the best OL in football and they couldn't keep him healthy.

Thank you! Posters on this board forget about reality and think in hypotheticals. One being Romo lasting a full season. Another one being his past injury history has no bearing on his future injury probabilities. Try looking up actuary and then with a straight face tell me Romo is a realistic insurance policy to a winning future.

Thank you! Posters on this board forget about reality and think in hypotheticals. One being Romo lasting a full season. Another one being his past injury history has no bearing on his future injury probabilities. Try looking up actuary and then with a straight face tell me Romo is a realistic insurance policy to a winning future.

More realistic than TT.

Actually I forgot Arizona......that would bump the Bills down to 6th.

It's about fits for Romo........Buffalo is not a great one for a fragile old QB who is used to the spotlight and looking for one last SB shot and surely contemplating life after football.

The RapSheet story is Denver is not interested.

'Zona is a fair call but I suspect they will roll one more year with Palmer.

If Bills got Romo, they will need to address O line. In particular RT.

One good hit and that would be it for Romo.

The RapSheet story is Denver is not interested.

'Zona is a fair call but I suspect they will roll one more year with Palmer.

Broncos are waiting for the Bills to let Taylor go.

I would take Romo as a bridge too drafted QB. The shot he took would have knocked out just about any QB.

Would be a good plan. Kind of how the Packers had Rodgers groomed by Farve. Let Romo be around Jones and whomever is drafted this year or next.

I'm as pessimistic as they come, but the Bills are easily 2nd on that list of plausible options.

Houston - they are stuck with Brock for at least another year barring they hit the lotto on a drafted QB. They can't take on another big QB contract.

LA - they just picked a QB at 1st overall. They are committed to finding out about him for at least another year or two.

NY Jets - questionable OL, older receivers, Forte is 31. Whats their offense? Whose is their OC?

Buffalo - Sammy Watkins and McCoy. Charles Clay is good. Pretty good OL. Could potentially draft another target at 10.

Denver - they are the clear favourite for Romo if he wants to go there and they want him.

#badol is a reverse candide. If you're expecting sense from that source then you'll be waiting longer got that then we have for a Bills playoff game.

Ditch TT and trade for Romo. If he stays healthy, the Bills go 12-4 and make a postseason run. If he gets hurt, we go 4-12 and get a top 5 pick for the next great QB.

Win - win.

not a bad way of looking at it. Also gives Jones experience, and Romo is around for another year to groom the 2018 pick.

Romo with Watkins and Mike Williams would be nasty. Oh, and McCoy.

not a bad way of looking at it. Also gives Jones experience, and Romo is around for another year to groom the 2018 pick.

Romo with Watkins and Mike Williams would be nasty. Oh, and McCoy.

It only happens if Doug Whaley has the brains to look at it like that. I doubt he does. He'll probably trade away some 2018 picks to make a run with Hoyer at QB.

Ditch TT and trade for Romo. If he stays healthy, the Bills go 12-4 and make a postseason run. If he gets hurt, we go 4-12 and get a top 5 pick for the next great QB.

Win - win.

I can get down with this.

It only happens if Doug Whaley has the brains to look at it like that. I doubt he does. He'll probably trade away some 2018 picks to make a run with Hoyer at QB.

DW is in full-blown self preservation mode. He just might have what it takes.