Rapsheet: Cowboys priority is trade Romo. Not to Broncos

dezertbill

Many thought Denver would be prime spot for Romo but with them out I think it lands on Texans or Bills.

I think with our new coaching staff Romo gives us consideration. Two years from Romo would give Cardale time to grow.

This is of course plan B if they don't want TT

But facing Dallas as much as Carolina has Im sure McDermott would love to have a QB like Romo.

Although Texans D and being close to Dallas would be enticing for Romo, I see the Bills offering more in trade (making cap room to do so) if they really wanted him.

Edited by dezertbill

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be exciting, like a lotto ticket.

Yup

I think he's a better qb than most give credit for

I also would worry about his health but his cap hits and dead money go waaaaaaay down in a trade (signing bonus, amortization from 2 restructurings and option bonus amortization all stay in Dallas)

The only thing is it's hard to trade for him and commit picks at the position immediately -- you'd essentially end up needing to get a cheap vet and draft a guy next year logistically speaking

I don't see any way someone trades for Romo with the cap hit he has combined the injury risk.

He'd come with no guarantees in the contract and a 14m salary this year (would be about the cheapest planned starter)

The following years at 19.5 and 20.5 would be less than ideal but aren't guaranteed. If you wanted, and the pick was right, he could be a low salary 1 year rental. If he stays healthy you can play it out until you find a better option and 19.5 isn't outrageous at qb.

He'd come with no guarantees in the contract and a 14m salary this year (would be about the cheapest planned starter)

The following years at 19.5 and 20.5 would be less than ideal but aren't guaranteed. If you wanted, and the pick was right, he could be a low salary 1 year rental. If he stays healthy you can play it out until you find a better option and 19.5 isn't outrageous at qb.

Yep. His injury history doesn't make him any more likely to get injured next year. I'd make the move if they aren't shot in the a$$ with Taylor. The passing game would drastically improve instantly

I'd give up a 3rd for Romo right now. Romo to Sammy would be fun. Maybe we get lucky and he stays healthy for a year. I'm sure we could develop an offense that could minimize QB hits, especially with our run game.

Strong run game and Romo play action is a recipe for success