Rapsheet: Cowboys priority is trade Romo. Not to Broncos

dezertbill

Yep. His injury history doesn't make him any more likely to get injured next year. I'd make the move if they aren't shot in the a$$ with Taylor. The passing game would drastically improve instantly

I agree with the folks that are saying he's a risk and suspect his back is pretty bad

But his lack of guarantees makes that a lower risk. Pair him with a solid vet and you are spending 20m this year and have some hedging

and then later a good rookie and you can spend 20m in 2018 and bail whenever needed (or possibly flip him in another trade if healthy still)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give up a 3rd for Romo right now. Romo to Sammy would be fun. Maybe we get lucky and he stays healthy for a year. I'm sure we could develop an offense that could minimize QB hits, especially with our run game.

Strong run game and Romo play action is a recipe for success

I agree. Obviously the Bills would create a run heavy attack. But Romo is known to just be a gunslinger.

But a healthy Romo to Sammy or Clay would be an automatic shot to the offense in addition to having McCoy out of the backfield.

Problem is can he stay healthy?

Edited by dezertbill

I agree. Obviously the Bills would create a run heavy attack. But Romo is known to just be a gunslinger.

But a healthy Romo to Sammy or Clay would be an automatic shot to the offense in addition to having McCoy out of the backfield.

Problem is can he stay healthy?

Would it only take a 3rd? Because I might do that to

No idea, I'm speculating on where I would feel comfortable

We've seen lots of speculation ranging all over.

I normally knock fans for overusing conditional picks in scenarios but this seems exactly the spot where a mid round pick that escalates would make sense.

We've seen lots of speculation ranging all over.

I normally knock fans for overusing conditional picks in scenarios but this seems exactly the spot where a mid round pick that escalates would make sense.

Good point but I'm sure Dallas would prefer the pick not be conditional

3rd rounder for romo seems really high to me. Not a trade I would make.

Best place for Romo is backup in Dallas. That's where he should want to be too. Old and broken QB who should be relegated to backup duty hopefully never seeing the field again but raking in millions in the process.

Good point but I'm sure Dallas would prefer the pick not be conditional

Clearly.

But it might be how they maximize returns on him if they are willing - it shares the risk and likewise reward.

I suppose it would be more like a mid rounder this and then mid-late next that can move up too for that discussion.

I'd add the Jets and depending on who ends up there as GM and HC the 49ers to the list of possible destinations.

Buffalo

San Francisco

Houston

New York Jets

1) Houston.....near home......top ranked D.....Hopkins.....probably take a paycut......but Jerry probably doesn't want him in-state.

2) Denver.....championship pedigree team.....QB friendly organization

3) LA Rams.....top young offensive mind at HC.......relatively talented young roster......up for grabs division and team has a history of beating Seahawks......chance to build off field resume in major media market....Rams could use a big name to create interest

4) NY Jets......VERY nice WR corps and decent run game.....otherwise comparable talent to Buffalo......major media market to get started on post football career.....no realistic chance to win division.

5) Bills.........last resort.....new, unproven coach/staff......Watkins and McCoy but results skewed by unique QB/system........organization with huge losing stigma in a near impossible situation wrt winning the division

1) Houston.....near home......top ranked D.....Hopkins.....probably take a paycut......but Jerry probably doesn't want him in-state.

2) Denver.....championship pedigree team.....QB friendly organization

3) LA Rams.....top young offensive mind at HC.......relatively talented young roster......up for grabs division and team has a history of beating Seahawks......chance to build off field resume in major media market....Rams could use a big name to create interest

4) NY Jets......VERY nice WR corps and decent run game.....otherwise comparable talent to Buffalo......major media market to get started on post football career.....no realistic chance to win division.

5) Bills.........last resort.....new, unproven coach/staff......Watkins and McCoy but results skewed by unique QB/system........organization with huge losing stigma in a near impossible situation wrt winning the division

Of Course....Bills fans always think the worst of themselves but just don't let anyone not from here say it, then it's BS, lol...

Not everyone sees only the negative like people here do.

Of Course....Bills fans always think the worst of themselves but just don't let anyone not from here say it, then it's BS, lol...

Not everyone sees only the negative like people here do.

Actually I forgot Arizona......that would bump the Bills down to 6th.

It's about fits for Romo........Buffalo is not a great one for a fragile old QB who is used to the spotlight and looking for one last SB shot and surely contemplating life after football.