Kyle Williams?

Has anyone seen anything on Kyle's decision to pull the plug or not? I know he was considering not returning if we blew it all up again. I really hope he returns, would love to see him back in the 4-3. With a new coordinator every year who can really blame him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen anything on Kyle's decision to pull the plug or not? I know he was considering not returning if we blew it all up again. I really hope he returns, would love to see him back in the 4-3. With a new coordinator every year who can really blame him.

I really like Kyle, but I cant see Buffalo paying him 7MM+ this year.

probably too soon

Defensive linemen can play for long careers if they can muster the will. I think the complete redo of the coaching staff will give him pause, and he may just retire. (recall A Schobel) I think he can contribute substantially if he is healthy.....$7mil is pretty heafty though..but, he likely earns it on a production basis. I would like him to stay.

Need to just talk to him. Say Kyle we are gonna cut you

However here is that new Three year deal you can sign immediately

Cant keep kicking that contract down the road. Got to make a clean break from it and start new

it would be foolish to cut him...Even with that big of a hit, he had a good year playing out of position in dipshits D, they have none to replace him. Adolphus is not good and Dareus is unreliable

Need to just talk to him. Say Kyle we are gonna cut you

However here is that new Three year deal you can sign immediately

Cant keep kicking that contract down the road. Got to make a clean break from it and start new

Uh, so eat the dead money and then do a new? Why not just extend?

Defensive linemen can play for long careers if they can muster the will. I think the complete redo of the coaching staff will give him pause, and he may just retire. (recall A Schobel) I think he can contribute substantially if he is healthy.....$7mil is pretty heafty though..but, he likely earns it on a production basis. I would like him to stay.

Schobel's retirement was accelerated by a lack of desire to switch from 4-3 DE to 3-4 DE and possibly by the choice of Gailey/George Edwards as HC/DC.

Williams, OTOH, played what many would consider his best seasons in a 4-3. And one would hope he might be more enthused about playing for a HC who has been DC on a superbowl team and who is known as a disciplined, no nonsense guy, than Schobel was about moving out of position and playing for Gailey/Edwards.

This system sounds perfect for Kyle. When he can time the snap count and shoot through gaps, he's an elite DT. I really, really hope he sticks it out for another year or two.

I couldn't blame him if he moved on, but I'd like to think he'll stick around.