Who will be our OC?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading all these names makes me consider what a weird career it is to be a NFL coach.

In most professions, you climb the corporate ladder and get more responsibility and bigger paychecks as your career progresses.

But many NFL coaches are like yo-yos going up and down: position coach then coordinator then head coach then position coach then coordinator again...

The two that intrigue me the most right now:

Nagy - I really like what he has done with KC and Alex Smith.

Alex Van Pelt - I think the AVP choice would be interesting, and one of the choices I would be good with. He's highly respected, and the units he's coached all have seemed to excel under him. Aaron Rodgers frequently has said great things about him as well.

The candidate I am least interested and excited about : Norv Turner. Just feel like his best days are behind him and don't think his system has done well in recent years.

This is currently the most important, and most perplexing, thread on this board. I don't even know what to hope for any more. We need a very strong OC because I can't bear to flip back to a pretty good D with another sucky offense. Can't we have it all at once for a change? That's where playoff teams come from!!!

Tom Clements?

Chip KELLY???? Chip Kelly as an OC and only an OC might be good. McDermott can punch him in the face, from one Irishman to another, if he gets out of line.

I think shady would be more than pleased to assume that additional responsibility.

I agree, but I think it has as much or more to do with retaining Tyrod than the OC.

I think it's both (since I see no better option than Tyrod), and I think it will take a very bright OC and QB coach to make the most of his talents and play to our strengths. This is a HUGE decision, and the options appear limited. But what do I know?

how did that turn out.

With a rookie HC who's primary focus has been defense, I'd really like to see an expierenced OC come in, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's a lot of options still open.

There's plenty of options; probably some good one's too. Now are there options that fans will like because they have recognizable names? Maybe not.

There's plenty of options; probably some good one's too. Now are there options that fans will like because they have recognizable names? Maybe not.

I don't think there are a lot of options of experienced OCs who have been successful in the league, that's what I was saying. A first time OC or someone who doesn't have a lot of experience might struggle learning on the job, especially with a defensive minded HC who is also doing the job for the first time.

I like the idea of AVP if he's available, he's done the job (if not very recently) and has had multiple roles in GB.

how did that turn out.

With a rookie HC who's primary focus has been defense, I'd really like to see an expierenced OC come in, unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's a lot of options still open.

There's way more options than you or I know. Just because there's not people you've heard of...doesn't mean there aren't good options.