Who will be our OC?

YoloinOhio

The spring before Tyrod was drafted he worked out with Vick a lot (who was on Philly, under Reid, at the time). Reid's offensive concepts were actually some of the first Tyrod was exposed to.

Knowledge and execution are obviously different things, but he has a level of familiarity.

And vick was at his best under reid. Love the idea of some short passing to get our playmakers the ball more often.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Brad Childress currently an OC? Wouldn't the Chiefs have to allow it to happen in order to make a lateral move?

I was educated on this last night. ANY non HC to Non HC is a lateral move.

Even Position Coach to Coordinator and can be blocked

Even if he was a QB coach it'd be a lateral move, but that's beside the point. He's 'Co-OC' in KC.

Would it really? QB coach to OC is a lateral move? I once knew the details of this but have since forgotten lol.

I was educated on this last night. ANY non HC to Non HC is a lateral move.

Even Position Coach to Coordinator and can be blocked

Gotcha. Thanks.

Edited by bobobonators

Would it really? QB coach to OC is a lateral move? I once knew the details of this but have since forgotten lol.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Yep i thought different last night too. But was wrong. There are only two teir of coaches

HC

And

Non HC

Andy Reid tree (Philly & KC now). West Coast concepts.

Learning curve is long in WCO and basically eliminates/negates the strengths of Tyrod and Cardale so would be a complete start over AND all new QB's.

It's already going to be a tough job but that would DOOOOOOOM McDermott.

New OC needs to be flexible with an easily and quickly installed attack.

Not saying a WCO trained guy in today's NFL can't be adaptable......everyone should know they don't have time to install a complicated offense anymore.........but it would be a concern.

Yep i thought different last night too. But was wrong. There are only two teir of coaches

HC

And

Non HC

Yep. I think I only became aware during our last search. There is Head Coach or Assistant Coach. I, like you, think that should probably changed to recognise a coordinator job but I don't think things like "Assistant Head Coach" should be recognised as any higher than a position coach.

And is a lateral move and requires permission.

So from a pure logistical and practical basis, kromer may be a viable option since another coach we want may be blocked.

Just looking at the list of candidates, its pretty short. Musgrave and then nobody else really without having to ask for permission.

Yep. I think I only became aware during our last search. There is Head Coach or Assistant Coach. I, like you, think that should probably changed to recognise a coordinator job but I don't think things like "Assistant Head Coach" should be recognised as any higher than a position coach.

If the NFL truly want diversity in coaching they need to change this.

No Up and Coming QB Guru is ever going to get an OC job (because he will be blocked) until his contract is up. Even then there is an exclusive rights window

It really is just wrong.

Want another wrinkle that would be interesting. Make a compensatory type formula to help teams that Always seem to have their coaching staff raided

Lose a Position Coach - 5th

Lose a Coordinator - 4th.

Or something like that lol

One of the two Chiefs co-OCs would make sense. I'd prefer Nagy of the two.

Think it is a dick move but KC can lock all their assistants downn.

Kind of a risk to wait on a team to exit playoffs only to be blocked from actually taking the job anyway

Think it is a dick move but KC can lock all their assistants downn.

Kind of a risk to wait on a team to exit playoffs only to be blocked from actually taking the job anyway

Teams typically don't block move ups because no one would want to work for them.