Potential Bidding War over McCoy?

Link that makes it official?I don't want Lynn back regardless of whether we get McCoy or not

This is still not confirmed. Same report linked earlier that they will hire him, but he is interviewing today and it has been reported elsewhere that he intends to evaluate options. Maybe he takes their offer today, but has not happened yet.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still not confirmed. Same report linked earlier that they will hire him, but he is interviewing today and it has been reported elsewhere that he intends to evaluate options. Maybe he takes their offer today, but has not happened yet.

:thumbsup:

I think he goes where he believes he can get back to being a head coach the quickest. If he chooses the Bills that is a very positive sign.

Agreed. Sort of like when Pettine and Schwartz came to Buffalo.....IMO they felt it was the path of least resistance to HC. That is if they succeeded and they both felt they had the tools and opportunity to do so.

McCoy would be great; however, he will not come to Buffalo. If he has a choice between the dumpster fire at onebills drive and Elway, the easy choice is Elway.

Which FO doesn't know how to file paperwork on time?

Which FO had a worse QB situation? Which FO let a SuperBowl caliber defense down by not addressing the QB position?

McCoy would be smart to woo Bronco and Bills to maximize his new contract. Maybe that's what's in play here. SInce Lynn is still under contract with Bills, he is also still an option. Sean would be crazy not to consider this option.

GO BILLS!

That is his agent's job.

You do know the difference between being a HC and an OC, yes? Oh wait, you don't care about stuff like that. You only want to B word about everything and everyone. ;)

Didn't McCoy call the plays on offense until recently? I seem to recall a story about how Reich didn't call plays when he was OC there.

Yeah but unless Lynn professes how he wants to be here in Buffalo, the team that decided not to make him their next HC, now they want him to continue on as the OC. Yes I get it that he's under contract, but at this level, unless the guy for some strange reason has 0% bitterness towards the Bills, no regrets at all, he'll be gone. Can't recall of other times when a guy presently on staff interviewed for HC position of same team, was not selected, but then went back to his old position on the staff. It just doesn't work that way

Which means don't make a coach you want to keep temporary head coach unless you are sure you will hire as head coach.

You do know the difference between being a HC and an OC, yes? Oh wait, you don't care about stuff like that. You only want to B word about everything and everyone. ;)

If a great OC can't, as HC, recognize that his Offense is going bad, or do anything about it----then what is he really good at again?

Did I really have to ask that?

Didn't McCoy call the plays on offense until recently? I seem to recall a story about how Reich didn't call plays when he was OC there.

Yes. Forever, however, it's been easy to see how when an OC or a DC becomes an HC, they do not spend 100% of their time on the O or the D. It's somewhere, I imagine, between 30-80% of their time considering the other side of the ball, special teams, meetings, duties only a HC has, etc. And I do not think you can just attribute a guy's offense if he is the HC but an O guy all to him. Frank Reich was getting HC interviews from being the OC even though I even posted here that it was totally McCoy's offense, meaning playbook.

If a great OC can't, as HC, recognize that his Offense is going bad, or do anything about it----then what is he really good at again?

Did I really have to ask that?

No. You don't have to ask that. It's a dumb question. That's why you asked that.