Potential Bidding War over McCoy?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos: "We're trading for Romo....Simiean is Plan B...and we may sign Tyrod.....we're going to draft a QB as well."

Bills: "We have Cardale....we'll draft another."

I think he's going to Denver.

Edited by Big Blitz

Broncos: "We're trading for Romo....Simiean is Plan B...and we may sign Tyrod.....we're going to draft a QB as well." Bills: "We have Cardale....we'll draft another." I think he's going to Denver.

Bills have more draft ammo if they want to try and trade for a QB (like Romo) unless you think teams would rather have the 20th pick in the draft instead of the 10th. Bills also have Tyrod already under contract if they want him. Seems you have your little skit backwards.

That being said my guess is McCoy goes to Denver anyway. He knows the area having lived there before and the team is likely in a better position to turn things around quickly.

He didn't get canned, his contract expired and they're letting him walk. Seems a lil odd but maybe they have someone else on their staff they really like.

Oakland liked thier QB coach,and there were rumors someone wanted to poach him,so they made him the new OC.

Oakland liked thier QB coach,and there were rumors someone wanted to poach him,so they made him the new OC.

Yep. It is Todd Downing who had a year here as Quarterbacks Coach with the Bills in Marrone's 2nd season.

Apparently they feel like he has excellent chemistry with Carr.

Dunno about a potential bidding war. If it's a tossup between a team that recently won a SB and one that hasn't seem the playoffs in 17 years...

CSN's John Middlekauff reports Broncos coach Vance Joseph will hire Mike McCoy as his offensive coordinator.

This had been rumored but now sounds like a done deal. McCoy is a strong fit in Denver, where he coordinated under John Fox from 2010-2012. He should improve an offense that ranked near the bottom of the league. McCoy has a proven track record of getting the most out of his quarterbacks. His hiring is good news for Paxton Lynch's development.
Edited by Nihilarian

Dunno about a potential bidding war. If it's a tossup between a team that recently won a SB and one that hasn't seem the playoffs in 17 years...

CSN's John Middlekauff reports Broncos coach Vance Joseph will hire Mike McCoy as his offensive coordinator.

This had been rumored but now sounds like a done deal. McCoy is a strong fit in Denver, where he coordinated under John Fox from 2010-2012. He should improve an offense that ranked near the bottom of the league. McCoy has a proven track record of getting the most out of his quarterbacks. His hiring is good news for Paxton Lynch's development.

I wouldn't count on Lynch. I think McCoy avoided Buffalo because of Tyrod Taylor's struggles but unlike Buffalo, Denver may be more attractive because Elway is willing to go out and find a solution to their QB issues by picking up a good FA like say Tyrod Taylor.

[/ESPN Narrative]

Edited by 4merper4mer

I wouldn't count on Lynch. I think McCoy avoided Buffalo because of Tyrod Taylor's struggles but unlike Buffalo, Denver may be more attractive because Elway is willing to go out and find a solution to their QB issues by picking up a good FA like say Tyrod Taylor.

[/ESPN Narrative]

Denver may be more attractive because they have a GM that knows what he's doing

My preference for OC:

1) McCoy

2) Musgrave

3) Lynn

Pretty solid pick with the first 2, unknown potential with the 3rd.

McCoy is gone and I don't really care for Lynn. What I'd like to know is how involved was Musgrave with the drafting of Carr?