Bronco Rumor Mill: Tyrod Taylor might be 2017 Starting QB.

Marty McFly

If I were Denver, or any other NFL team, I would rather have Trevor Siemian as my starter with his $700k salary than Tyrod Taylor at $18 MILLION. Use the difference in salary to build around them and make up for the small statistical advantage that Tyrod has.

Depends what they plan to do over there. Considering Elway was smart enough to let Brock walk, and combined with Kubiak smart enough to then bench him and throw Super Dead android foot Manning in there for the playoff run and Super Bowl win, I would trust him to bring in players he knows he can win with. Look up all the pro-bowlers hes drafted. He's track record is crazy.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elway has taken his team to the playoffs almost every year. Won the division title a bunch of times, won 2 AFC championships and 1 SuperBowl with a less than steller QB and drafted/traded for 30 total ProBowlers during his tenure as GM. He is also a hall of fame QB. He has been trying to bring in Tyrod since 2015, last year and now this off-season again. Are you really insinuating you know more than John Elway about evaluating QB talent?

Ha. Very true. I would trust Elway's judgement over anyone on this board.. Tyrod would be a plug n play QB for them. Instant playoffs withTT that D and home field advantage.

What happened to Paxton Lynch

Still developing but showing major holes in his game have labeled him "a year or two away from being ready" thus Elway bringing in a stop gap he can win with in the meantime to not waste the rest of the Defensive and WR, RB talent he still has.

If I were Denver, or any other NFL team, I would rather have Trevor Siemian as my starter with his $700k salary than Tyrod Taylor at $18 MILLION. Use the difference in salary to build around them and make up for the small statistical advantage that Tyrod has.

Except they just did that and failed to make the playoffs. DOH!

The team around Trevor is probably the most talented overall roster in the NFL...how much freaking better do you need it to be? Best defense in the league...one of the best WR groups in the NFL...good RB's. I mean come on now. Trent Dilfer could win a SB with that roster...oh and he did with a similar roster in Baltimore except Balt didn't have any WR's, just a HOF TE to throw to.

Not so fast. Newest wawrow tweets say possible change of heart in Buffalo about Taylor.

Yippee ! 6-10 here we come. No Browns 49ers Rams on schedule next year.

Wth.

More absurd comments. Funny how we have a winning record with Taylor but you think with a better D we will get worse. Amazing logoc

Not so fast. Newest wawrow tweets say possible change of heart in Buffalo about Taylor.

Yippee ! 6-10 here we come. No Browns 49ers Rams on schedule next year.

Wth.

Ill take the credit for posting this thread. Whaley must have read it and shed a tear :cry:

It's actually a right around .500 record , mostly vs losing teams. So there's that

This is true. The Dolphins made the playoffs only beating one winning team this year so theres that. FWIW I think we are a better team overall than the Dolphins, they just got hot at the right moment and believe in the coaching theyre getting.

Huh?

They went 8-6 and 7-8 the past two years with Tyrod.

Come get this money playa.

2017 opponents

New England Patriots

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

Denver Broncos

Oakland Raiders

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans (Third place AFC South)

Away

New England Patriots

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets

Kansas City Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Cincinnati Bengals (Third place AFC North)

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Kubiak is gone, so the impetus for having Tyrod may be as well. Who knows?

With Elway being pretty high on TT, I'm not sure it will matter that Kubiak is gone.

With that defense and those receivers, he would do good things there.

The TT bashers would be eating crow for years

Seriously? He can't hit an open reciever here. What would make anyone think he can do it in Denver?

Kubiak and Elway are very close, Kubiak's opinion is still very relevant to Elway.

I agree with this.

Hoping for this?

No I'm hoping for Lynn and Tyrod on offense, or at least McCoy and Tyrod......I'd rather win but I have no say and it's entertainment so either way I will enjoy the ride. :thumbsup:

Hiring that old quitter Norv Turner would be a good way for McDermott to get paid for not coaching the Bills for the last 3-4 years of his contract. :lol:

Personally........I can't believe a conservative defensive guy would not want to just continue with the top running offense so maybe McDermott can avoid a quick hook by keeping Tyrod and retaining Lynn as OC......or hiring McCoy and keeping Tyrod and keeping most of the elements of the existing offense in place. :beer:

So if Elway wants Tyrod, and McCoy is being lured to Denver to be OC...that would lend to the theory that McCoy would be fine with Tyrod as well. So if McCoy stays linked with McDermott ...McCoy may be a Tyrod guy and wants to coach him.

With Elway being pretty high on TT, I'm not sure it will matter that Kubiak is gone.

Seriously? He can't hit an open reciever here. What would make anyone think he can do it in Denver?

I agree with this.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Elway likes Tyrod?

This is true. The Dolphins made the playoffs only beating one winning team this year so theres that. FWIW I think we are a better team overall than the Dolphins, they just got hot at the right moment and believe in the coaching theyre getting.

And the redskins made the playoffs without beating a single winning team last season.

Other than the patriots, teams go .500 (at best) vs good opponents and beat up on bad opponents. Its what 99% of the nfl does.

And the redskins made the playoffs without beating a single winning team last season.

Other than the patriots, teams go .500 (at best) vs good opponents and beat up on bad opponents. Its what 99% of the nfl does.

99% of the bad teams beat up on the bad teams too?