New jw Tweets 1/9

Reed83HOF

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright, so is today is the day that we reach out to the candidate out of left field? I wonder what time they are calling Dabo at?

Did you hear his on field interview after the game?...he gave the longest answer I think I ever heard from a coach. Seems like a solid guy.

Did you hear his on field interview after the game?...he gave the longest answer I think I ever heard from a coach. Seems like a solid guy.

He was pretty much homeless as a kid. His mom lived with him in the dorm. He was an undersized WR that has worked for everything. He was a real estate agent, a grad assistant making like $15K a year. He has earned everything. His blue collar mentality would flourish in Buffalo. People would LOVE him.

I'd bet money if they waited on Patricia, he would turn them down just like McDaniels did two years ago. Why would you leave New England for the muddied power structure in Buffalo AND have to face your mentor twice a year?

Just curious, where is the source that McDaniels turned the Bills down 2 years ago?

I mean, there are rumors and speculation, just like there are rumors Marrone was the top candidate for the Jets HC 2 years ago and Rex Ryan was going to the Falcons.

He was pretty much homeless as a kid. His mom lived with him in the dorm. He was an undersized WR that has worked for everything. He was a real estate agent, a grad assistant making like $15K a year. He has earned everything. His blue collar mentality would flourish in Buffalo. People would LOVE him.

Is this Dabo?

I live near Charlotte - no ties to Clemson- Dabo has an unbelievable life story. He would be a fantastic head coach.

Great story....respect the man.

But he has a southern accent dadgummit. Buddy/Chan flashbacks so won't work in WNY. We need a guy from the Bronx - oh wait.

Otoh Sean McDermott sounds like a guy who grew up in South Buffalo and graduated from Timon, he's a natural fit.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just curious, where is the source that McDaniels turned the Bills down 2 years ago?

I mean, there are rumors and speculation, just like there are rumors Marrone was the top candidate for the Jets HC 2 years ago and Rex Ryan was going to the Falcons.

I don't have a source but I remember from the last search that McDaniels turned down an interview request from the Bills. Probably did not sit well. Some may remember that when coach of Denver he was an arrogant douche. Not a surprise coming out of the Pats. Also, by the way, Shanahan did interview with the Bills last time. I suspect if that experience was positive they would be interviewing him again, but apparently not.

I don't have a source but I remember from the last search that McDaniels turned down an interview request from the Bills. Probably did not sit well. Some may remember that when coach of Denver he was an arrogant douche. Not a surprise coming out of the Pats. Also, by the way, Shanahan did interview with the Bills last time. I suspect if that experience was positive they would be interviewing him again, but apparently not.

he turned down the Browns if i remember correctly and the Bills were denied permission because they requested permission too late and Belicheat* closed off any more interviews to prepare

Bellicheat* then promptly told McDaniels in no uncertain terms that he would not allow him to take the Buffalo job

Dabo would be an idiot to leave now, given where he has that program. They are built to be a perennial champion. But even then, the idea of him leaving to go to Coach the buffalo bills of all teams is so mind-numbingly preposterous that it is not worth even discussing.

Would he really be leaving though? The Bills are really just Clemson North, and he should be very familiar with all the Florida State players.

He should feel right at home once we draft Watson or Williams.

Dabo would be an idiot to leave now, given where he has that program. They are built to be a perennial champion. But even then, the idea of him leaving to go to Coach the buffalo bills of all teams is so mind-numbingly preposterous that it is not worth even discussing.

And they won't let him go to the NFL I'll bet. The thing is his background is all in College and has no idea what it takes to win in the NFL vs College.

Nick Saban OTOH has been with the Browns under Belichick and was the HC in Miami. The time might be just right to lure Saban away from Alabama and he might just be the guy who can compete against his old friend in NE.

Just a thought.

I'd bet money if they waited on Patricia, he would turn them down just like McDaniels did two years ago. Why would you leave New England for the muddied power structure in Buffalo AND have to face your mentor twice a year?

Or having to get beat down twice a year by his old team.

And they won't let him go to the NFL I'll bet. The thing is his background is all in College and has no idea what it takes to win in the NFL vs College.

Nick Saban OTOH has been with the Browns under Belichick and was the HC in Miami. The time might be just right to lure Saban away from Alabama and he might just be the guy who can compete against his old friend in NE.

Just a thought.

Saban won't get to coach a team of 1st-rounders each week in the NFL. What I think many fail to appreciate is that it's pretty damned easy to coach at Bama, Ohio State, etc., because they get the cream of the crop recruits each year and the playing field isn't level most weeks. In the NFL you only get one first rounder a year. Saban would be foolish to come back to the NFL.