Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

I'm just getting a little tired of the game. Drop a vague tweet and watch people freak out. That's why I challenged him directly. He knows we're the cats and he's got the laser pointer.

i'm getting tired of people's inability to comprehend a simple 140-character tweet by spelling things out entirely.

i tweeted: "For what it's worth, #Bills have been leaning toward moving on from Tyrod since October."

what is vague about this?

you seem to ask for clarity when there is none?

was Taylor under contract with the Bills in October? yes.

is Taylor still under contract with the Bills on Jan. 6? yes.

so he's still on the team.

but there's a report that his future is over with.

I can't confirm that.

but, i can share what the mood has been since October.

you're suggesting the reader needs to fill in the blanks.

i'm suggesting there's still one big blank there that i can't confirm.

i mean, holy crow, promo.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

jw

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm getting tired of people's inability to comprehend a simple 140-character tweet by spelling things out entirely.

i tweeted: "For what it's worth, #Bills have been leaning toward moving on from Tyrod since October."

what is vague about this?

you seem to ask for clarity when there is none?

was Taylor under contract with the Bills in October? yes.

is Taylor still under contract with the Bills on Jan. 6? yes.

so he's still on the team.

but there's a report that his future is over with.

I can't confirm that.

but, i can share what the mood has been since October.

you're suggesting the reader needs to fill in the blanks.

i'm suggesting there's still one big blank there that i can't confirm.

i mean, holy crow, promo.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

jw

Wow. Could you be any more vague about things? Make a concrete, declarative statement for once, jw.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

All the reports about Rex being on the way out turned out to be true, and even at 7-9 they did not have to be. Chances are good that if he coaches week 17 they play Tyrod, win, and finish 8-8 again. That doesn't scream "Rex must be fired" at all. So it wouldn't be an obvious thing for everyone to report. There were reports before the Steelers game even happened that he was on the outs. That came from somewhere.

Ditto with the Tyrod reports. They started weeks ago as well and have only intensified. I think there is something to them.

You think someone will give him a 2-year, $27.5M deal that is fully guaranteed?

I think the deal he signs will contain more than $27.5 million in guaranteed money. Now over two years, maybe.

QB money is stupid in free agency. Someone is going to overpay.

If he only gets $14 million per season he has 28 in two years. That's pretty middle of the road for a QB.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Tyrod is not re-doing his deal unless the Bills want to give him a raise.

No reason to. He holds all the cards. in 2017 he's making that much or more on the open market.

Dude there is close to 30 million in guaranteed money on the option deal .. Do you really think some team will pay TT that kind of guaranteed money.. you think he is going to get a raise from another team when he was below average as a passing qb his entire time here

I would be shocked if the administration "started moving on" from Tyrod without feedback from the coaches. I don't think that Lynn needed to be in the weekly meetings. But I imagine he could gather what the administration is thinking based on the questions they're asking.

The GM needs to have a channel of communication with the coordinators. I doubt that he has regular chat sessions with them and it likely stops at the coordinator level and doesn't go down to the position level.

Let me put it this way, if Whaley's information about the team only comes from the head coach, then it's a screwed up structure.

I just don't see Rex being down on Tyrod.........and I don't think they went around Rex to discuss things with Lynn and Rob Ryan and Thurman........but something makes me doubt it........but I suppose it's not out of the question.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire.

All the reports about Rex being on the way out turned out to be true, and even at 7-9 they did not have to be. Chances are good that if he coaches week 17 they play Tyrod, win, and finish 8-8 again. That doesn't scream "Rex must be fired" at all. So it wouldn't be an obvious thing for everyone to report. There were reports before the Steelers game even happened that he was on the outs. That came from somewhere.

Ditto with the Tyrod reports. They started weeks ago as well and have only intensified. I think there is something to them.

I think the deal he signs will contain more than $27.5 million in guaranteed money. Now over two years, maybe.

QB money is stupid in free agency. Someone is going to overpay.

If he only gets $14 million per season he has 28 in two years. That's pretty middle of the road for a QB.

ok then let someone overpay then....

Or if you want to compare this to Sabres history...look at Tim Murray who presided over a tank and came out on the other side.

If what you're saying is true, and the Bills are looking at a major decline no matter what they try to do then they could just keep Whaley after bottoming out. Otherwise, cut him loose now and have someone else start over.

Not yet he hasn't. Not by a long shot.

Dude there is close to 30 million in guaranteed money on the option deal .. Do you really think some team will pay TT that kind of guaranteed money.. you think he is going to get a raise from another team when he was below average as a passing qb his entire time here

Yes I do.

He was the QB of a pretty good offense. Some team will pay him. Look at what Osweiller got for doing next to nothing.

I'm guessing this.

Not as definitive as the OP states. But definitely odd to make that decision now, before the new coach gets to weigh in. Kind of silly actually to be interviewing coaching candidates and telling them that their season now rests with Cardale Jones.

^^^ This ..makes no sense to not allow the incoming coach to have a say...

Maybe the Bills are trading him. Since it's only an option on the bonus, until it's paid it wouldn't count against the Bills. If a team truly wants him, maybe they'll pay a 3rd and then they pick up the option, putting the bonus on them. Frees the Bills cap numbers a little? That said, we would have no QB.

I just don't see Rex being down on Tyrod.........and I don't think they went around Rex to discuss things with Lynn and Rob Ryan and Thurman........but something makes me doubt it........but I suppose it's not out of the question.

Whaley was probably up in the box with Pegula each Sunday pointing out how Rex and his running QB were missing open WR's and making bad calls on defense. Those two single handily sabotaged Whaley's stacked roster and he deserves another chance and Terry agrees...as a matter of fact Doug, do it your way this time!

Insert Anthony Lynn, Whaley's yes man.

Maybe the Bills are trading him. Since it's only an option on the bonus, until it's paid it wouldn't count against the Bills. If a team truly wants him, maybe they'll pay a 3rd and then they pick up the option, putting the bonus on them. Frees the Bills cap numbers a little? That said, we would have no QB.

Tyrod for Romo, straight up.

It's not as crazy as it sounds at first. Romo has injury concerns, so nobody is paying top draft picks for him. He has a big contract, so there's pressure to move him. He's older, so again, nobody is paying a 1st or 2nd.

Tyrod is young, just had a pretty good season, and could come in a solid backup option.

You think someone will give him a 2-year, $27.5M deal that is fully guaranteed?

I do as well for what it is worth. I think that he is going to sign something like a 3 year $45M deal with $30M guaranteed. Maybe somewhere like Denver that believes that they can contend for a few more years while waiting on Lynch? I just think that there are a bunch of teams that need an upgrade and some of them have the talent to win now (mainly Denver, Houston and possibly Arizona). If he goes to Denver they go right back to being contenders.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

^^^ This ..makes no sense to not allow the incoming coach to have a say...

It doesn't. Which is why I think GG is right in that A Lynn is the choice if he wants the job. Floating the idea that they are moving on from TT is an indicator in that direction, imo. Nobody, least of all any other HC candidate, is as intimately familiar with TT's abilities as a QB than A Lynn. And like I said, his comments at his presser spoke volumes to me.