Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really find it hard pressed that the Bills offense, will be this high again next year. Even if Schwartz stayed, our D would have regressed in 2015 and most likely 2016. Our roster talent is much better than it has been, but still is not good enough. The revisionist in me, feels like Dickie J got a ton out of absolute crap and bottom barrel talent; therefore he really did a great job...

Even if Kromer stays?

We were 7th leading into week 17. Would it be better? I dont know. Would it be near top 10? Highly likely. Its been top 10 for 2 years now. And no way we have more injuries at WR next year than we had this year

I wonder what craziness they might try in the wake of a Tyrod release...

They would move up in the draft (mortgaging the future again) and draft whoever the best QB is at that spot. Patrick Mahomes I would speculate assuming he is still available wherever they draft.

If anyone doubts we are moving on from Tyrod tune into WGR and John Murphy show. They are explaining why Tyrod is limited. John said he talked to Bills mgmt.

They are already selling what's next.

i am listening and everything they are explaining is obvious from watching the games. Not even the all-22, just the broadcast. He's limited. Everyone knows this and I think especially Lynne knows this. Murphy and Jones are also explaining why they should keep him fwiw. Murphy said earlier this week he doesn't think they will keep him, but he disagrees with that. He's not selling anything. Usually he does though. Edited by YoloinOhio

They would move up in the draft (mortgaging the future again) and draft whoever the best QB is at that spot. Patrick Mahomes I would speculate assuming he is still available wherever they draft.

Thats the thing though. We cant put all our eggs in the draft basket. There is no guarantee a team will trade with us. There are no guarantees in the draft for 100s of reasons.

Thats the thing though. We cant put all our eggs in the draft basket. There is no guarantee a team will trade with us. There are no guarantees in the draft for 100s of reasons.

Pick up TT option, AND draft a 1st round QB for the future. If the Bills dont figure this out, then I will finally lose total faith.

Edited by DrDareustein

Well if they decide Mahomes is the guy draft him early. Trust your scouts and take your shot because you can't afford to miss again Whaley!

Actually it does make sense if what I said above is true.

You let the unpopular guy take all the hits, remind everyone who is the captain of this ship, remind everyone who is 100% not responsible, then act accordingly next season.

He has done this before. Just ask good old Darcy Regier.

Or if you want to compare this to Sabres history...look at Tim Murray who presided over a tank and came out on the other side.

If what you're saying is true, and the Bills are looking at a major decline no matter what they try to do then they could just keep Whaley after bottoming out. Otherwise, cut him loose now and have someone else start over.

This must be a Whaley decision. He is in charge of the 53. Idiotic decision with no replacement on the horizon.

Cutler would cost as much as Tyrod and is not an upgrade.

Probably the #1 pick in the 2018 draft but next season could well be totally unwatchable. Very sad.

Just like they did when drafting EJ - select the best QB available - problem solved !!!

Pick up TT option, AND draft a 1st round QB for the future. If the Bills dont figure this out, then I will finally lose total faith.

If they are using a first round pick on a QB I would fry them for keeping TT. Either pay TT in belief that he can get the job done or replace him and use every available asset to do so.

I wonder what craziness they might try in the wake of a Tyrod release...

Foles

Then draft Budda Baker or Eddie Jackson at #10 with Hooker and Adams off the board and tell us they had them rated there all along and it wasn't a reach. :lol:

I really hope we don't go back to those days.......but there is this assumption that Whaley had no say during the Nix tenure........and I guess the reality is that all we know is that he WAS an important voice there and the only thing resembling good QB play Nix/Whaley have managed to produce with their combined scouting might in 7 years is Rex finding Tyrod. :lol: