Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did it with the Sabres.

Yes, I know NFL vs NHL.

One year wonders do happen in the NFL too. Chip Kelly with the 49ers this year is the latest example.

I don't think it's crazy to look at an ownership's pattern of behavior and draw conclusions. It's all the same people.

Yep. Cleveland and the 49ers are the recent examples of teams who did this. Looks at the state of both. Now they are truly dysfunctional train wrecks.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yep. Cleveland and the 49ers are the recent examples teams who did this. Looks at the state of both. Now they are truly dysfunctional train wrecks.

Hey I didn't say it was a great idea but I think that is what is going on.

The Pegulas didn't hire Whaley. Why let their chosen GM come in and preside over a disaster of a 2017 season? Let Whaley take the hits.

That's the purpose of reminding fans that Russ Brandon is totally not involved. At all.

Thus, he is not to blame.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Assuming these reports are true, and they are moving on from Taylor, surely they would have to have another plan in mind, other than pinning all their hopes on Cardale Jones. Anyone think, with the rumors of Lynn and Gus Bradley being joined at the hip, the Bills might be planning on taking a run at Blake Bortles? The Jags are sounding hesitant about bringing him back...just a thought. There has to be something we don't know about, isn't there?

Honestly, I think Whaley is drafting a QB and intends to start him right away

Looks like absolutely nothing new and once again rehashing what his assumptions from before were. No new discussions with anyone from the team were had. Anyone see anything besides that?

Nothing there, he quotes no source and instead just poses a question and then proceeds to answer it with his own speculation. It is poorly written in that he makes statements of fact in the same way you would if you had a source so that it could easily confuse the reader into thinking there is a source when there isn't. If he has a source, it should read "Sources say the Bills will..." If he doesn't it should read "I think the Bills will...." But instead, he declares "The Bills will..." What the heck is that? A prediction? Speculation? A wish?

Come on, John. You know as well as I that Tyrod's salary is Frigidaire-level and not Viking.

The contract that TT has is not exorbitant as far as starting qb contracts go. But if the buyer doesn't believe there is value per $$ then that is a clear indication of what he thinks of him as a qb. That's the point that many people refuse to acknowledge. Whaley just might not think very much of him as a qb. Whaley thinks that TT is simply nothing more than a stopgap qb. And that is what he is going to pay for it.

I'm guessing this.

Not as definitive as the OP states. But definitely odd to make that decision now, before the new coach gets to weigh in. Kind of silly actually to be interviewing coaching candidates and telling them that their season now rests with Cardale Jones.

Not definitive at all. Pure speculation.

Hey I didn't say it was a great idea but I think that is what is going on.

The Pegulas didn't hire Whaley. Why let their chosen GM come in and preside over a disaster of a 2017 season? Let Whaley take the hits.

That's the purpose of reminding fans that Russ Brandon is totally not involved. At all.

Thus, he is not to blame.

You get the right football executive, you empower him, get out of the way, and let him rebuild the franchise. Bringing in a new coaching staff with a new system then acquiring players via the draft and free agency just to blow it all up again one year later is cuckoo for cocoa puffs. No sale!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just show me someone better

Im telling you right now......while people are all creaming themselves that we might see 300 yards passing again....this would GREATLY affect our running game.

The QB option with a athlete like Tyrod makes that running game go as the whole thing is a system.

But if Tyrod really is being let go....the chances of Lynn coming back greatly reduce to.

If this all happens.....get a journey man type and draft a qb in the first round please........do NOT depend on C. Jones to suddenly get over his rawness in his 2nd year with the team.

i think the running game will be affected but will still be good. Lesean McCoy has always been good. It doesn't need to be #1. What needs to improve is the offense as a whole because in critical situations in the 4th it didn't come through ...the defense knew we were one dimensional. The good teams are able to defend the Bills when it counts. That's the problem, and no I don't have a solution as of now. But it's not just a stats thing, my eyes tell me the throws that need to be made when they need to be made... weren't being made.

Again, if I'm making the decision I keep him. Because I don't know what is behind door #2 and door #3. Whaley runs a football team's personnel and has more info than we do (despite what everyone thinks of him, he has more information available to him than the fans and the media).

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is nothing more than media making assumptions. Shefter doesn't know this for fact -- the title of his article even put his premise with a question mark. Wawrow also doesn't know anything but what he is fed. Hell - the Bills are leaning to move on from the whole damn team in October -- doesn't make it so. They do what makes best sense from an ability/cost standpoint every year. There is way too much "I have to be first for breaking this story" crap going on this time of year.

FWIW TT only had 23 total TDs this year and for comparison in EJs 10 starts in 2013 the team averaged 22.3 ppg. EJ of all people as a rookie not a 6 year vet like Tyrod averaged almost as much, 22.3 - 25.9 ppg. and the CoT is crying that it can't be done with just anybody. BS!

TT "only" had 23 TD's this year: that ranks him middle of the pack in the NFL for total TD's scored through 15 games. Not elite, certainly not bad, definitely not worth you qualifying it with "only".

You saying EJ "almost averaged" as much is laughable, why even go there?. If being top ten in scoring over a 2 year span can be done by "anyone", when was the last time the Bills ranked top 10 in scoring over a two year period? 20 years ago? Jim Kelly era? Were you even born yet?

FWIW TT only had 23 total TDs this year and for comparison in EJs 10 starts in 2013 the team averaged 22.3 ppg. EJ of all people as a rookie not a 6 year vet like Tyrod averaged almost as much, 22.3 - 25.9 ppg. and the CoT is crying that it can't be done with just anybody. BS!

In 15 starts, I factored in game 16. You don't think 3.6 PPG is a big difference? 25.9 PPG would have been 8th in the league and 22.3 18th. You don't think that 10 places in the rankings is significant?

Manuel was the beneficiary of a defensive TD in the Jax game. Don't leave that out. This year, the Bills had 3 defensive/ST TDs over 16 games.

In 29 starts, Taylor produced 47 TDs and turned the ball over 13 times. In 17 starts, Manuel generated 23 TDs and turned it over 20 times. I'm including lost fumbles here.

We shouldn't be arguing about this, however - it's clear that Manuel is terrible.

Get your facts out of here!!

You get the right football executive, you empower him, get out of the way, and let him rebuild the franchise. Bringing in a new coaching staff with a new system then acquiring players via the draft and free agency just to blow it all up again one year later is cuckoo for cocoa puffs. No sale!

I agree with you that they should have done it that way. Once you fire Rex you fire Whaley and just clean the mess up and start fresh.

There is just something that makes no sense here. I refuse to believe that they are as clueless as they appear.

Yep. Cleveland and the 49ers are the recent examples of teams who did this. Looks at the state of both. Now they are truly dysfunctional train wrecks.

Typical. Point at franchises supposedly worse than Buffalo. Except Cleveland has started their rebuild and acquired more picks. Jed York, I believe, has acknowledged he needs a complete tear down and that process has started. Buffalo? Hanging onto the same GM who never found a QB and who apparently will strike gold finding a HC and QB in the same off-season. Doubtful.

When do they get the right executive? Do you honestly think Doug Whaley will not only find a HC, a starting QB, and build the team in 1 off-season when he hasn't done it over the course of the last 3?

What has Doug Whaley done to prove he knows what he's doing? Rex Ryan had more of a blueprint for building this team than Whaley put together.