Carucci: Lynn is having 2nd Thoughts about Bills' HC Job

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching Vic on Twitter today has been funny. He's so pissed that Terry went to AP and that Doug gave them nothing. It's adorable.

He was a running back coach 4 months ago. Walking away for a 49ers rebuild or a job tied to Goff? Give me a break.

it's not even thinly veiled motives

why would they not go to the AP ? lol

Edited by Billschinatown

If Lynn pulls himself out of the HC that would only add more fuel to the fire of the dysfunction at One Bills Drive.

There's no dysfunction, it's just a ruse concocted by the evil media. We're clearly one of the top coaching destinations in the league.

Who knows if this is true but it seems like Lynn is in Taylor's corner and it appears Taylor is getting the feeling someone is not in his corner who you think would have to be Whaley. I am really thinking Whaley is the problem here...not all these coaches are perfect but hasn't Whaley had a poor relationship with about four of them now? At least Lynn had the offense operating somewhat successfully. Looks like we are starting from scratch yet again. I really would have liked to see what Schwartz would have done with the team. But Whaley must not have liked him either!

Watching Vic on Twitter today has been funny. He's so pissed that Terry went to AP and that Doug gave them nothing. It's adorable.

He was a running back coach 4 months ago. Walking away for a 49ers rebuild or a job tied to Goff? Give me a break.

^ Let's keep in mind that the people who write about Buffalo sports are not journalists, do not claim to be journalists and don't adhere to those standards. They have failed the community by being unable to hold the local sports organizations accountable because they unable to devolve to message board warriors if everything doesn't go exactly the way they want it to go in their lives.

it's not even thinly veiled motives

why would they not go to the AP ? lol

Well when the organization refuses to take major issues head on and get out infront of the media this is what happens. They have an axe to grind and with absentee leadership this continues to grow. For owners as wealthy as the Pegula's and experienced with other sports teams you would think they could have done better.

This is a really weird interview. Carruci didn't hear that from Lynn, it's nebulous 'talk around the league'. He said Lynn is unhappy with Whaley's press conference saying he was in the room with Whaley and the Pegulas when the final decision to bench Tyrod Taylor and start EJ Manuel was made because it's "Whaley calling him a liar". I imagine Whaley wasn't thrilled with Lynn saying he wasn't involved in the decision if Whaley called him in, put Pegula on speaker, and said something like "we'd like to bench Tyrod for business reasons and so we can get a look at the younger guys on the roster, what are your thoughts on that?" and Lynn said "It's next man up, I'll get with my coaches but that would be Manuel and I'm OK with that".

Whaley says he and Lynn have talked and "we're good", but either THAT'S the lie or Carucci is just stirring the pot.

I thought it was pretty clear in the presser that Whaley was not enthusiastic about Lynn. He was asked if Lynn represented "continuity" to him, and he corrected that to "familiarity". It may be that Lynn actually isn't that high on Whaley's list, that, similar to Coughlin, Lynn was someone the Pegulas favored but Whaley is driving. It may be "dem grapes look sour"

The weirdest part of this weird interview is toward the end, where Carucci goes on at some length about something Whaley should have said, when it was a question the press could have, perhaps should have, asked and didn't and Whaley was responding non-stop to questions, sometimes 2-3 at once.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

here is the problem with that: VIC is the source of most of those reports; he is citing himself...

*There is buzz around the NFL that Anthony Lynn, who was promoted from offensive coordinator to interim head coach of the Bills, might no longer desire to be a candidate for the full-time job, even though other reports have him as the front-runner. Lynn is interviewing for head-coaching openings with the Los Angeles Rams and San Francisco 49ers.

Edited by Billschinatown

If Lynn pulls himself out of the HC that would only add more fuel to the fire of the dysfunction at One Bills Drive.

Incorrect, it would add more fuel to the press reporting on dysfunction of One Bills Drive.

Look, Lynn may be all that and a Bag of Chips, or he may not. He's been in the league coaching since 2000, and has never been anything other than an RB coach since 2003, 13 years. He's been with Rex for the last 4 years.

IMHO, to anoint Lynn as the "leading candidate for HC of the Bills" with that resume and the assertion that the HC search will be a smokescreen, Lynn is the shoo-in, would be FAR more dysfunctional than Lynn bowing out of a coaching search he may or may not be part of.