HC candidate Kris Richard interviewing 1/8

YoloinOhio

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know she's a Pats fan then shouldn't that read ex-gf?

well she gave me a son a few months back and he's a bills fan(i have a contract signed) so technically i'm breeding the pats fandom out of her lineage. She cannot pass it on to children so I am really an evil genious!

Wow, Richard has a LOT of energy. How about Richard at HC, Lynn at OC & Bradley at DC = young and aggressive team of coaches.

one thing i worry about with being late to the bandwagon on getting coordinators from "dynasty" type of teams is that often the first 1-2 guys out the door really gut the assistants/position coaches/quality control room leaving behind less of a pool for a guy like Richard to pull from when creating his own defensive staff. but with bradley flopping, if they reunite, you get guys that are schematically compatible and likewise have strong relations within the same coaching tree and a pool of bradleys guys looking for opportunities this year.

i was hesitant to get on board with a seattle DC here, but am warming up to it the more i see of him and think about the situation.

i am not sure lynn will want to stay on, but maybe. has an interim HC ever come back as a coordinator for the new HC? i wont pretend to have followed that closely around the league but seems it would be rare.

I don't know if Bradley would want to report to Richard but you never know.

I don't see why not...I'd like to think that familiarity and a solid DL would put him in a good position to re-establish himself as a coordinator. It would especially make sense if Lynn doesn't get a HC job and decides to stay (assuming, of course, that they planned to move together).

Although I could also see him returning to Seattle to resume his job as DC there, I don't exactly think it'll go a long way to squashing the thought that his success was merely due to Pete Carroll's defensive system.

one thing i worry about with being late to the bandwagon on getting coordinators from "dynasty" type of teams is that often the first 1-2 guys out the door really gut the assistants/position coaches/quality control room leaving behind less of a pool for a guy like Richard to pull from when creating his own defensive staff. but with bradley flopping, if they reunite, you get guys that are schematically compatible and likewise have strong relations within the same coaching tree and a pool of bradleys guys looking for opportunities this year.

i was hesitant to get on board with a seattle DC here, but am warming up to it the more i see of him and think about the situation.

i am not sure lynn will want to stay on, but maybe. has an interim HC ever come back as a coordinator for the new HC? i wont pretend to have followed that closely around the league but seems it would be rare.

I'm biased because I really liked Richard as a player out of USC, and thought he had a chance to be a very good corner.

Unless they want to interview someone who's unavailable until their team is eliminated.

Yeah, Chenelly seems to think we may be interested in someone on the Steelers staff

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly

As a #Bills fan, I don't root for Miami. But a Steelers loss today would open up two HC candidates for interviews. #wonthappen #MIAvsPIT

Joe Chenelly @jchenelly 19h19 hours ago

If Steelers hold on & win today, don't expect their OC or DC to interview for HC jobs for another week. Unlike Seattle, Pitt says no.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I'm always uncomfortable with guys who have the coordinator title but maybe not the full duties.

Marrone, for example, was the OC under Sean Payton but Payton was the mastermind of the offense. We learned that Marrone had not been a good student under Payton and didn't really have a good offensive mind.

Richards is running a defense designed and built by Pete Carroll. Can he succeed on his own terms as architect and engineer?

You may be right, but I disagree. I think the Bills know they're up against a timeline and want to interview all the candidates they are able to who are not in the playoffs, so that when teams are eliminated they can interview those coaches with a robust wealth of information to go into the next set of interviews to compare and balance. In other words, they're using the time they've got wisely and not just waiting until the next team is eliminated to get to guys they'd like to speak with, so they can weigh out many options. I assume, if one of them absolutely struck them and they believed they'd found their guy, there would be an announcement (or a leak) that there is an agreement in principle or a verbal understanding that such a guy said, "Let's do this". I think Steelers staff and maybe (hopefully Chiefs' Toub) some other unknown commodity is still waiting to be interviewed.

Yeah, Chenelly seems to think we may be interested in someone on the Steelers staff

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly

As a #Bills fan, I don't root for Miami. But a Steelers loss today would open up two HC candidates for interviews. #wonthappen #MIAvsPIT

Joe Chenelly ‏@jchenelly 19h19 hours ago

If Steelers hold on & win today, don't expect their OC or DC to interview for HC jobs for another week. Unlike Seattle, Pitt says no.

I did see rumors last week that Whaley was interested in interviewing Pittsburgh DC Kevin Butler.

well she gave me a son a few months back and he's a bills fan(i have a contract signed) so technically i'm breeding the pats fandom out of her lineage. She cannot pass it on to children so I am really an evil genious!

Got one! I think this has to be the plan for everyone going forward. I suspect Brady derives his ageless power from consuming the souls of Patriots fans. The only way to defeat him is to remove his energy source.

So it seems local media still agree that A Lynn is the leader in the clubhouse to get the job. With that said every candidate we've interviewed is available to be hired immediately with the exceprion of 1 .... Kris Richard.

With the Bills seemingly finished with their interviews or about to be it would make sense for that decision to come down at the end of the week. So if it is indeed A. LYNN I suspect we will hear something by Friday.

Now if nothing happens by Friday, I think itd be a strong indication that RICHARD might be the guy. Remember the Bills nor Richard can come to any agreement until rhe Seahawks are eliminated from the playoffs, and that could be a while.

I'm actally excited about Richard so Im excited to see what unfolds this week. Im rooting for no news.

BTW....has Richard gotten any other HC interviews this yr.?

Looks like we are the only ones so far that have interviewed him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000767531/article/coaching-tracker-latest-news-on-interviews-moves

I'm always uncomfortable with guys who have the coordinator title but maybe not the full duties.

Marrone, for example, was the OC under Sean Payton but Payton was the mastermind of the offense. We learned that Marrone had not been a good student under Payton and didn't really have a good offensive mind.

Richards is running a defense designed and built by Pete Carroll. Can he succeed on his own terms as architect and engineer?

well, to be fair, as head coach his job doesnt have to be full architect and engineer. as long as he knows his own skills and limitations and... for instance i dont care if marrone can design a full offense but if he couldve hired a more seasoned OC and better fit himself into the process of teaching instead of the reports of conflicting techniques coming from various levels