The fix is in-- Lynn will be the new head coach

jahnyc

If any potential coach looks at the bills job and finds it unattractive because they fired Rex after less then 2 years, I wouldn't want them anyway. If they are too Dumb to see that Rex was let go because of how the team continued to get worse u see his time here and how poorly coached they were, then that guy will fail too because they aren't that bright. They guy took over a top 5 defence and dismantled it making it one of the worst, made horrible in game decisions and had a badly disciplined team. You can try and use injuries as an excuse, but even when the injured players were healthy the team was still a mess.

Players wise, there's alot of talent already here to work with and options at qb, they won't be tied down to anyone except probably keeping CJ on the roster and have the option. Of drafting someone they like in the draft this year. In LA your tied to Goff for atleast 2 seasons I would think. They have made their qb Moran's now have to play it out, so as a coach you better be happy with him.

Continuity with what? A dumbed down version of Roman's offense? The 31st ranked passing offense in the league?

No, thank you.

And the Bills gig is the best of the vacant HC jobs out there, believe it or not.

No way in hell Lynn gets this job.

Care to lay a bet on it?

Dumbed down version?

- 7th in the league in points scored

- Top running game

- Just put nearly 600 yards of offense in its last game

- Injuries at important positions all year

All this and he hasnt even had a chance to install "his" offense due to the short turnaround from RB coach to OC.

Yeah.....I think we should take a hell of a look at him

Care to lay a bet on it?

Dumbed down version?

- 7th in the league in points scored

- Top running game

- Just put nearly 600 yards of offense in its last game

- Injuries at important positions all year

All this and he hasnt even had a chance to install "his" offense due to the short turnaround from RB coach to OC.

Yeah.....I think we should take a hell of a look at him

John if we really are just talking offense you might want to use the correct points scored stat.

Once tou take out the 18 defensive and ST points the Offense is like 12th or 14th i cant remember exactly

Just makes the points factually correct and keeps guys like me when i am in that mood from discrediting everything because using false numbers

Edited by MAJBobby

I know some are down on him for the playcalling against Miami with that Reggie Bush play for -8 yards.

He lost me with that call against the Raiders with the Bills on their own 4-yard line and the QB in shotgun in his own endzone Lynn calls for a pass play on first down. The always careful TT was hit in the endzone by Khalil Mack attempting to pass and the ball was intercepted. This was all on the offensive play calling blunder by Lynn.

No Thanks to Lynn...although Whaley will hire him. It should help shorten Doug Whaley's career in Buffalo.

Not sure how the answer here can possibly be to turn to Whaley to head up the coaching search and then select someone already on the staff, but is seems it is going in this direction. Over the last number of weeks, Rex is blasted and Lynn gets glowing press. Someone leaks that Rex's demise is near, and that the talented roster is not playing up to its potential. Simultaneously, we only hear how Lynn will be a hot candidate for head coaching openings and after Ryan is fired, that Lynn is a strong contender. Something smells bad here. This feels very orchestrated.

I think Whaley knows that hiring Lynn is the best result for Whaley. Prevents questions about the GM, the organization or the talent from potential coaching candidates. I don't like it and it is depressing. After 17 years of not making the playoffs, we deserve a real process and the best possible candidate. We will see.

If He picks Lynn and fails he is out !

John if we really are just talking offense you might want to use the correct points scored stat.

Once tou take out the 18 defensive and ST points the Offense is like 12th or 14th i cant remember exactly

Just makes the points factually correct and keeps guys like me when i am in that mood from discrediting everything because using false numbers

is there a link which shows this measure for all teams? I'd like to see the revised list.

I hope the fix is in, Lynn is already the best choice. Why? Continuity and hes already shown he can coach up a good offense utilizing the pieces he is given. He sounds like a very calcutated, confident and detail oriented coach when you listen to him talk in his interviews.

This team does not need to be blown up. It needs a defensive coordinator.

I like that mean steely-eyed look he has in one of the pictures on buffalo bills.com. Reminds me of Tomlinson. Looks like he wouldn't take any crap from players as opposed to the goofy Rex look.

Well reported he wanted Hugh Jackson

Russ told them not to let Rex leave building even told Rex what wine to Bring when he met Pegulas.

So again no issue with Whaley being able to pick his coach and finally clearly be tire to that decision for better or worse. He misses there is finally a coach you can hang his hat on when fire him.

If I was Pegs I would tell Rusty to keep his big mouth shut thru this whole process this time. In fact I would tell him to take mandatory vacation time this next month & leave the country. Get him as far away from the hiring process as possible.

I hope the fix is in, Lynn is already the best choice. Why? Continuity and hes already shown he can coach up a good offense utilizing the pieces he is given. He sounds like a very calcutated, confident and detail oriented coach when you listen to him talk in his interviews.

This team does not need to be blown up. It needs a defensive coordinator.

a 4-3 defensive coordinator

So he wasn't involved in hiring Rex? Hard for me to believe, and if true it really paints the Pegulas as really stupid bungling owners.. But, I do agree that the GM should hire the HC, as they need to be on the same page.

He wasn't leading the interview process. WTF is so hard to understand about this? New ownership was mulling changes so Russ Freaking Brandon was once again leading the interview process. Jesus people, this isn't hard to grasp.

• Eyeroll 1

meh, I could care less what his offence could do unless he was applying for the OC job. I want my HC focused on leading the team as a whole, and have good, competent coordinators taking control of the offence and defence. I don't want the HC also running the offence or defence or special teams. That's the coordinators jobs. Just keep the team disciplined and everyone doing their jobs.

The point is - What proof do you have or any evidence really that the guy would be competent at the head coach job then? You don't have anything that suggests he is going to be any good at it whatsoever. It would be like taking out a new mortgage on your house and then going to Vegas to bet it all on the roulette wheel. Probably not smart.

To be clear, the Bills Front Office would claim continuity.

I am making a prediction. We will see if I am correct. Again, I think Doug Whaley (and sadly the Pegulas) have made the job unattractive to anyone who may be in demand for the reasons Bedard mentioned. Unless they overpay or make some promises etc, I just do not see where a top tier candidate chooses this job over others. Why would someone come here if the Bills do not have a QB and fired the prior guy after less than two years with so many injuries etc.

Just my two cents. I hope I am wrong.

I hope you are, too.

That said, it'll be hard to do worse than Rex Ryan, so if it's Lynn, so be it.

Go Bills.

He wasn't leading the interview process. WTF is so hard to understand about this? New ownership was mulling changes so Russ Freaking Brandon was once again leading the interview process. Jesus people, this isn't hard to grasp.

What is so hard to grasp about having a GM who has been around a few years is definitely involved in picking the HC. Maybe in name he wasn't "leading the search" like it has been declared now. But he sure as !@#$ had input in the decision to hire the HC of the team he is the GM of. Either Whaley was greatly involved or the owners were incompetent, you make the call. Whaley apologists are a loyal bunch, I'll give you that.

Edited by CodeMonkey