The fix is in-- Lynn will be the new head coach

jahnyc

The funny thing is that if the Doug Whaley "chooses" Anthony Lynn he will have to thank Rex given that Rex already chose him for the organization.

P.S. I do not believe the revisionist history about Whaley not wanting Rex two years ago. All we heard was about how aligned their football philosophies were. I wonder if Doug was afraid that

Edited by Peter

Its not like Lynn isnt a good choice anyway

The real question is who is gonna be the DC

With Lynn as HC you bring in a D.C. Like Pettine or Bradley and there will be optimism amongst fans.

Personally I see someone like Pettine getting the job. Lynn and Pettine both worked for the Jets from 2009-12 amd are familiar with each other. With the success Pettine had in Buffalo bringing him back would create an instant boost in the fan base with two known commodities.

Lynn did a great job running the offense and I'm not against Giving him the position as long as he brings in a DC like Pettine or Bradley that is a known commodity.

I hope the fix is in, Lynn is already the best choice. Why? Continuity and hes already shown he can coach up a good offense utilizing the pieces he is given. He sounds like a very calcutated, confident and detail oriented coach when you listen to him talk in his interviews.

This team does not need to be blown up. It needs a defensive coordinator.

^ This.

I think the preferred way to operate with NFL head coach hirings is to hire from within when you believe the man is up to the job (see Tampa, Titans). If the front office and players vibe with Lynn, and he seems to have the right qualifications, smarts and temperament to do the job, then that is the much better direction to go then to hire someone from the outside. He'd be my top choice. Lynn would be a nice breath of fresh air after the big "showman" personality of Rex.

Heck why hasnt anyone started the NFL wanted Rex fired so the Refs missed calls thread yet

No NFL conspiracy but it certainly did not help against the Dolphins to have two blatantly missed PI calls in the end zone. Of course, I never expected that the anti Rex crowd would choose to remember those (or the missed tackles that led directly to TDS). That would interfere with the narrative.

Why does everything have to be some big conspiracy around here?

Turning the word conspiracy and the term conspiracy theorist into a negative thing was done by the CIA in order to prevent the asking of critical questions, especially of authority groups and figures.

Okay, I may have gone a bit overboard on the title, but I did not like the leaks and the criticisms of Ryan without any accountability for the members of the front office for this situation. I was not a Ryan supporter, but this whole thing was unpleasant and I don't think continuity is the answer under the current circumstances. Is it a conspiracy? Probably not, but clearly there are people with agendas and Whaley seems to have won the battle for now. Simply put, I do not have confidence in Whaley and I think the Bills would have been better served with a clean sweep of the head coach and front office.

Edited by jahnyc

I would be fine with Lynn if he got a new DC

I mean... with a QB he'll be great. Without one we will be having the same discussion in a year or two

disagree, with a good defence they will be in the playoffs. The offence is in the top half of the league and lead in some categories. Sure an upgrade at qb isn't going to hurt, but it's not going to do anything if the defence stays the same. Hopefully they have the talent on defence that they can get a new DC who can bring in a scheme to work with what they have and build off of it, instead of tearing out down and starting over again

With Lynn as HC you bring in a D.C. Like Pettine or Bradley and there will be optimism amongst fans.

Personally I see someone like Pettine getting the job. Lynn and Pettine both worked for the Jets from 2009-12 amd are familiar with each other. With the success Pettine had in Buffalo bringing him back would create an instant boost in the fan base with two known commodities.

Lynn did a great job running the offense and I'm not against Giving him the position as long as he brings in a DC like Pettine or Bradley that is a known commodity.

good call

Kromer?

couldbe

Questioning the conspiracy only serves to prove you're part of it. EVERYONE, YOLO'S A WITCH!!

jeebus stfu. he is watching us.....