The fix is in-- Lynn will be the new head coach

jahnyc

No NFL conspiracy but it certainly did not help against the Dolphins to have two blatantly missed PI calls in the end zone. Of course, I never expected that the anti Rex crowd would choose to remember those (or the missed tackles that led directly to TDS). That would interfere with the narrative.

I am not anti-Rex but I do like my team to play with 11 players in overtime. Not the first time.

Minor nitpick: Hue Jackson

Bill Bellichick didn't win with the Browns.

If they were real men, it would not matter. 10 should be plenty

The legend of Kiko has moved on, and he took his delicious soup recipe with him.

Black Excellence:

3 black QBs

black GM

black head coach

WOW Really???

Not sure how the answer here can possibly be to turn to Whaley to head up the coaching search and then select someone already on the staff, but is seems it is going in this direction. Over the last number of weeks, Rex is blasted and Lynn gets glowing press. Someone leaks that Rex's demise is near, and that the talented roster is not playing up to its potential. Simultaneously, we only hear how Lynn will be a hot candidate for head coaching openings and after Ryan is fired, that Lynn is a strong contender. Something smells bad here. This feels very orchestrated.

I think Whaley knows that hiring Lynn is the best result for Whaley. Prevents questions about the GM, the organization or the talent from potential coaching candidates. I don't like it and it is depressing. After 17 years of not making the playoffs, we deserve a real process and the best possible candidate. We will see.

Yes. A GM who is being given one more chance to prove himself will hire a career RB coach who was promoted to OC 15 weeks ago.

That makes a shcit ton of sense.

One rumor I heard was that it was the Pegulas who leaked it so Tom Coughlin wouldn't rush into the Jax job.

I've also heard that Coughlin, McDaniels, Patricia, Payton and K. Shanahan are in the running with Lynn.

I can totally see how Lynn would beat those other guys out. (not really; it'll never happen)

Black Excellence:

3 black QBs

black GM

black head coach

It says you edited this. Was it even more stupid before??

Minor nitpick: Hue Jackson

That's a little off-color, don't you think?

I think that the chances that A. Lynn is going to be the next head coach are 95%.

This partly due to the fact that he seems like a good guy, had a successful running game, liked by players, allows them to claim "continuity" AND

The Bills have made the job an unattractive job (for reasons I previously posted) and it is not likely that they could attract anyone else who may be worthwhile and in demand (unless substantially overpay or someone is desperate).

Good luck Coach Lynn.

Go Bills!

P.S. A wildcard may be Lynn himself. I wonder if he pulls a Mularkey and decides to move on. I suspect that is not the case, but it could happen if he has other opportunities and he does not think that he would receive the support of the front office or enough time to succeed.

Edited by Peter

Just curious, what happened to Frank Reich? His name was mentioned frequently as a potential coaching candidate the last time around but I haven't heard anything about him in at least a year. Did he drop out of coaching?

He was fired by San Diego and is with the Eagles but does not call the plays (if I recall correctly)

I think that the chances that A. Lynn is going to be the next head coach are 95%.

This partly due to the fact that he seems like a good guy, had a successful running game, liked by players, allows them to claim "continuity" AND

The Bills have made the job an unattractive job (for reasons I previously posted) and it is not likely that they could attract anyone else who may be worthwhile and in demand (unless substantially overpay or someone is desperate).

Good luck Coach Lynn.

Go Bills!

P.S. A wildcard may be Lynn himself. I wonder if he pulls a Mularkey and decides to move on. I suspect that is not the case, but it could happen if he has other opportunities and he does not think that he would receive the support of the front office or enough time to succeed.

Continuity with what? A dumbed down version of Roman's offense? The 31st ranked passing offense in the league?

No, thank you.

And the Bills gig is the best of the vacant HC jobs out there, believe it or not.

No way in hell Lynn gets this job.

Continuity with what? A dumbed down version of Roman's offense? The 31st ranked passing offense in the league?

No, thank you.

And the Bills gig is the best of the vacant HC jobs out there, believe it or not.

Haha we will see soon enough, I'm sure it's Lynn just from the way things are shaking out.

No, thank you.

To be clear, the Bills Front Office would claim continuity.

I am making a prediction. We will see if I am correct. Again, I think Doug Whaley (and sadly the Pegulas) have made the job unattractive to anyone who may be in demand for the reasons Bedard mentioned. Unless they overpay or make some promises etc, I just do not see where a top tier candidate chooses this job over others. Why would someone come here if the Bills do not have a QB and fired the prior guy after less than two years with so many injuries etc.

Just my two cents. I hope I am wrong.

Good luck Coach Lynn.

Go Bills!

P.S. A wildcard may be Lynn himself. I wonder if he pulls a Morrone and decides to move on. I suspect that is not the case, but it could happen if he has other opportunities and he does not think that he would receive the support of the front office or enough time to succeed.

I can see all of that. (Except maybe anyone turning down a job for $4-6 mil/year, but I'm funny that way....that are not.)

PS - you may have one previous M confused with another?? I adjusted, for better or worse? Sorry....

Edited by Augie

I can see all of that. (Except maybe anyone turning down a job for $4-6 mil/year, but I'm funny that way....that are not.)

PS - you may have one previous M confused with another?? I adjusted, for better or worse? Sorry....

I used the Mularkey reference because he quit because he did not think he could work with Marv. Marrone works also.

Wouldn't you guys rather see Lynn put together an offense of his own first before you go handing the guy the head coach job?

meh, I could care less what his offence could do unless he was applying for the OC job. I want my HC focused on leading the team as a whole, and have good, competent coordinators taking control of the offence and defence. I don't want the HC also running the offence or defence or special teams. That's the coordinators jobs. Just keep the team disciplined and everyone doing their jobs.