Bye bye Tyrod

MAJBobby

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whoa, multiple SB WINS!?!??! so you want a Bills QB to achieve a feat that's only been done by 11 QBs in NFL history. you want him to go from no playoffs in 17 years to MULTIPLE SB wins. that's so delusional i can't even address it.

I want the Bills to achieve long term success. In this league you do that with a top end QB. If said QB is not that by 2nd year starting i will continue to say buh bye.

I wonder how this board would have treated Kelly after his first two seasons.... :rolleyes:

Different Era Comparisons again Edited by MAJBobby

*Indictment. But anyways...

Everyone knew Jones was extremely raw when he was drafted. He has been given nothing but 3rd string reps at best. From a recent spot on WGR last week, it was said that he was basically Red Shirted this year, given a "Watch and Learn" program and didnt even get snaps during practices but rather a 15-30 minute advisory meeting after practice.

The non-development of Jones this year is COMPLETELY on the coaching staff. Rex, Lynn, and David Lee. All of which need to go if the Bills ever want to get serious about developing a QB.

I've mentioned this numerous times in other threads, but I'll point it out again.

The Cowboys coaching staff is built around QB development. The HC, OC, and QB coach are all former NFL QBs, and all former Cowboy QBs.

We have a D-based HC and a RB coach who both want to Ground and Pound, and a failed QB coach...

Our situation in Buffalo is more on par with the Rams when it comes to QB development, and they can't even get anything out of the #1 overall pick.

These guys were coaching for their jobs.....they were gonna go with a vet

I still have hope for C. Jones....all the physical tools

I wonder how this board would have treated Kelly after his first two seasons.... :rolleyes:

It isn't just Bills fans...living in Texas, I distinctly remember Cowboys fans ragging all over Troy Aikman the year he won his first Super Bowl with them...it was constant... there are MAJBobby's everywhere.

*Indictment. But anyways...

Everyone knew Jones was extremely raw when he was drafted. He has been given nothing but 3rd string reps at best. From a recent spot on WGR last week, it was said that he was basically Red Shirted this year, given a "Watch and Learn" program and didnt even get snaps during practices but rather a 15-30 minute advisory meeting after practice.

The non-development of Jones this year is COMPLETELY on the coaching staff. Rex, Lynn, and David Lee. All of which need to go if the Bills ever want to get serious about developing a QB.

I've mentioned this numerous times in other threads, but I'll point it out again.

The Cowboys coaching staff is built around QB development. The HC, OC, and QB coach are all former NFL QBs, and all former Cowboy QBs.

We have a D-based HC and a RB coach who both want to Ground and Pound, and a failed QB coach...

Our situation in Buffalo is more on par with the Rams when it comes to QB development, and they can't even get anything out of the #1 overall pick.

Not enough people take into account QB development when judging QB draft picks.

For example... Prescott drafted here? Probably not seeing the field, and if he does, looks shaky.

Good god, just stop yourself now. One of the NFL's worst kickers missed a 45 yard FG in OT--one that statistically speaking most kickers made during the season.

It's pretty clear that there's a serious ax to grind.

You have most people saying 'Tyrod's pretty average, and the Bills are protecting their options with him going into the offseason'

And the rest saying 'Tyrod is worse than cancer and aids combined', basically.

Good god, just stop yourself now. One of the NFL's worst kickers missed a 45 yard FG in OT--one that statistically speaking most kickers made during the season.

Lets not forget also that our D literally COULD NOT STOP THEM....at all

This is the main reason why we are searching for a new HC

Not enough people take into account QB development when judging QB draft picks.

For example... Prescott drafted here? Probably not seeing the field, and if he does, looks shaky.

I agree with this

Personally, I think something like ANY/A from Profootball reference is a better indicator of production. Just measuring total yards doesn't really tell you everything, since two equally talented QBs could be ranked different depending on play calling.

ANY/A rankings have Tyrod at 9th and 19th, averaging out to just about average. Which, the eye test tells me lines up. This year is down, imo, partially due to missing WRs for multiple games, especially deep threats.

Do I think Tyrod is a guy who can carry a bad defense? No. Do I think he is a guy that can win with an average to good defense? Yes.

We have talent on the defensive side (at least I think so). If our new DC can convince the FO that the defense will improve, I could see Tyrod coming back.

This!

No ****.

But he's the best we got right now. Stick with him and go all in for a QB in the draft.

Were in Bills history have they ever paid a QB and drafted an early QB at the same time?

I have no faith they will do it now

Can you dispute that fact he had the ball in his hands twice and failed to win the game.

Can you dispute in Seattle had ball in hand to win and failed

I am sure you are creaming your jeans!

Nah not really cause EJ isnt the answer eIther

But maybe we are getting closer to an answer

Were in Bills history have they ever paid a QB and drafted an early QB at the same time?

I have no faith they will do it now

Can you dispute that fact he had the ball in his hands twice and failed to win the game.

Can you dispute in Seattle had ball in hand to win and failed

As I said, just stop yourself. Getting the team in position to kick a very makeable FG in OT is what you want your QB to do. He also didn't call the play that resulted in an 8-yard loss to Bush, but I'm disregarding that because Carpenter simply has to make that FG. It's what kickers are paid to do -- make makeable kicks in OT.

As I said, just stop yourself. Getting the team in position to kick a very makeable FG in OT is what you want your QB to do. He also didn't call the play that resulted in an 8-yard loss to Bush, but I'm disregarding that because Carpenter simply has to make that FG. It's what kickers are paid to do -- make makeable kicks in OT.

Does that win the game or does that put it back on the defense to win the game?

Does that win the game or does that put it back on the defense to win the game?

this is what is called moving the goalposts. Just stop. It goes back to throwing what should have been the game-winning TD pass with 80 seconds to go and the opponent having no timeouts. He didn't control Carpenter kicking it short and the refs screwing the Bills by not granting White a TO. He did his effing job in that game. Case closed.

this is what is called moving the goalposts. Just stop. It goes back to throwing what should have been the game-winning TD pass with 80 seconds to go and the opponent having no timeouts. He didn't control Carpenter kicking it short and the refs screwing the Bills by not granting White a TO. He did his effing job in that game. Case closed.

Now would there been time 80 seconds if he stays in bounds on 3rd down and understands the situation?

Yet he didnt case closed. Just like Seattle

Just like most times he is down by 4 at any point in a game

Edited by MAJBobby

Eh - weren't they at like midfield when he ran out of bounds though? With 2 minutes left?

Guy has a problem with QB running out of bounds mid field with 2 minutes left??? Isn't that what you are supposed to do in a 2 minute offense conserve Timeouts. I don't know in whose world is it a guarantee you are going to score 40 seconds later.. Guy at this point is just answering without even thinking how stupid it sounds... Figures a response will be accepted no matter how obtuse it is.

He's the opposite of exciting imo. Watching him fail vs raiders was expected and not exciting at all

Add to that the countless games where he had 50 pass yards half way through the 3rd quarter, despite have guys running open all over the field. That was so much fun to watch.

Edited by old school

My read is they may want to keep Tyrod but with the Bills out of playoff contention, they want to protect him from a catastrophic injury. Instead, they may want to evaluate whether there is any use in keeping EJ around. Whether the team wants to draft another or developmental quarterback in the draft or free agency.

My read is they may want to keep Tyrod but with the Bills out of playoff contention, they want to protect him from a catastrophic injury. Instead, they may want to evaluate whether there is any use in keeping EJ around. Whether the team wants to draft another or developmental quarterback in the draft or free agency.

Sorry, this is too reasonable of a post for today. You gotta jump to some major conclusion if you want to keep your account active.

Eh - weren't they at like midfield when he ran out of bounds though? With 2 minutes left?

1:32 left in regulation. Miami had used their last time out the play before. Tyrod went OOB at the Phins 7. Carp kicked a FG on next play. Taylor's failure to stay in bounds almost certainly cost the Bills the game. Miami had 1:20 left in the game after FG, KO and return. Had he done his job on that play, then the Phish would've only had 0:56 to score. They kicked the game tying FG with :06 left.

If they put any cadence into EJs one start against the pathetic Jets it will say all you need to know about Whaley and company.

Exactly, it has nothing to do with EJ, it's all about Tyrods injury clause within his contract.

IMO, neither one of them are going to on the roster come next year.

1:32 left in regulation. Miami had used their last time out the play before. Tyrod went OOB at the Phins 7. Carp kicked a FG on next play. Taylor's failure to stay in bounds almost certainly cost the Bills the game. Miami had 1:20 left in the game after FG, KO and return. Had he done his job on that play, then the Phish would've only had 0:56 to score. They kicked the game tying FG with :06 left.

Consult the Tyrod flow chart = defenses fault/wide recievers fault/offensive lines fault.

Exactly, it has nothing to do with EJ, it's all about Tyrods injury clause within his contract.

IMO, neither one of them are going to on the roster come next year.

It could also be a reward to EJ for being a good soldier. Give him some tape going into free agency.

Oh man. The object at that point of the game was to effing score and not worry about the clock. They were losing and he was trying to make a play by turning the corner. He didn't get it done on that particular play, but that is HARDLY why the Bills lost. The creative reasoning I'm seeing about how Taylor was somehow responsible for the Bills loss is rich. Bear in mind that there were 2 no-doubt PIs in the endzone that weren't called and which cost the Bills arguably 11 points.

Edited by dave mcbride

I think this has more to do with Rex getting fired, they don't want to lock the new HC into a QB that they don't want. That's pretty much it, the option on Tyrod will depend on who the HC is. If the new HC thinks they can win with Tyrod he stays, if not, hes starting for the Texans, Bears, Broncos or Browns next season. Would like to see Tyrod on the Broncos or Texans. Think Denver would fit him the best, they have a great WR core and the O Line is terrible so Tyrod would be good at leveling that out a bit.

Oh man. The object at that point of the game was to effing score and not worry about the clock. They were losing and he was trying to make a play by turning the corner. He didn't get it done on that particular play, but that is HARDLY why the Bills lost. The creative reasoning I'm seeing about how Taylor was somehow responsible for the Bills loss is rich. Bear in mind that there were 2 no-doubt PIs in the endzone that weren't called and which cost the Bills arguably 11 points.

They were down by 4. It was 3rd down and three from the four. Tyrod went out at the 7 for a 3 yard loss. Trying to win the game at that point means running as much time off the clock as possible. All he had to do was stay in bounds if he couldn't get to the 1. It was a bad mistake that I explained it to my son when it happened. I told him that Taylor should have stayed in bounds and that he just saved Miami 24 seconds. If that extra time lets Miami score and the Bills lose the game, then the loss is on him. And that's how it worked out. Edited by BarleyNY

I REALLY hope this is the thinking. It terrifies me that the front office may be as reactionary as the fans these days and want to toss Tyrod to the curb with no better option. Tyrod and even an average D would be in the playoffs this year. How do so many people seem to miss this?

Don't worry Major BOOBIE isn't making the calls! We're good, TT will be back until they have someone better.