Bye bye Tyrod

MAJBobby

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's under contract - so for the people saying he "won't want to come back"... he doesn't have a choice if we pick up the option.

If we cut him - Whaley had better have a realistic backup plan beyond re-signing EJ, or bringing in some cast off. There will be a drop off, and I feel like saying there wouldn't be is not realistic.

The fact is - the defense let this team down. We were supposed to be good on defense, and we were not in the last 2 years. That is the reason we are where we are. You can throw a million advanced stats at me about the offense, scoring, 3 and out % or whatever. But the fact remains that our defense let this team down.

We were shredded by Ajayi twice, Bell once, Carr once, russel wilson, brady, etc. 3 200 yard rushers? Allowed over 30 PPG in 8 losses? Coverage problems, miscommunication , tackling problems all season. 0 accountability.

Tyrod was not even close to the biggest problem with this team as you have pointed out. Did the offense struggle at times? Yes. Did Tyrod struggle at times? Of course. This is true with all teams and all quarterbacks. However, the failure of this season overall is all about the defense. Failing to hold leads, failing to keep games close. Failing in the clutch time and again, especially in the second half of the season, and especially the last three games. Taylor will never be a pure passer and will never be any taller. He is good enough in enough aspects for this team to win. He is, at least to me, the best option in the near term while the search for a better long term option continues.

Clearly they want to keep their options open and getting him hurt in a meaningless game, taking away their options, would not be smart. Clearly the new coach will have a say in this, but wishing and hoping a better option will suddenly appear from the free agent dreck available or the draft would be poor strategy.

Tyrod was not even close to the biggest problem with this team as you have pointed out. Did the offense struggle at times? Yes. Did Tyrod struggle at times? Of course. This is true with all teams and all quarterbacks. However, the failure of this season overall is all about the defense. Failing to hold leads, failing to keep games close. Failing in the clutch time and again, especially in the second half of the season, and especially the last three games. Taylor will never be a pure passer and will never be any taller. He is good enough in enough aspects for this team to win. He is, at least to me, the best option in the near term while the search for a better long term option continues.

Clearly they want to keep their options open and getting him hurt in a meaningless game, taking away their options, would not be smart. Clearly the new coach will have a say in this, but wishing and hoping a better option will suddenly appear from the free agent dreck available or the draft would be poor strategy.

I dont care if he was the biggest, second biggest or whatever problem. He IS a problem and needs to he addressed

I saw the topic headline and just had to click in to have my suspicion confirmed. And yes, it was started by that master of momomania, MAJBobby! But of course. And now he gets yet another thread to endlessly trash TT as the source of all that's wrong with the Bills while defying all stats and commentary that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever TT's shortcomings, the real pit of incompetece was the "defensive genius" now unemployed and the revolting defense he created out of an elite one.

Welcome back, Bobby. We missed you for that 30 seconds you weren't posting.

I dont care if he was the biggest, second biggest or whatever problem. He IS a problem and needs to he addressed

We need 2 STARTING safeties, at least 2 lb's definitely 1 or 2 to start, probably a corner, a RT upgrade, and a couple WRs to at least field a full roster. Let's add a couple QBs to the list.... Oh and a HC who wants to work for an organization that is a complete cluster.

All with relatively limited cap room because DW squandered it all on a DT for the 28th best rushing defense in the NFL, an OLB who can't sack the QB, and a safety who's neck is now held together by screws. He's wasted draft capital in ill advised trades.

I like Whaley - I think he's a good talent evaluator. But when you put it like that... he should probably be fired right?

We need a good HC, for ANY of this to matter. And it's not going to happen.

Edited by dneveu

It's amazing how black and white people are on this.

Well, here's some gray for you; the new coach may already be on board with it and will bring his own QB -but is an active coach and can't yet disclose as Draft picks and possibly players may be involved. i.e. Peyton & Brees, Pagano & Luck, McCoy & Rivers

I am trying to figure out what the big deal is here

We all knew Ryan was gonna get fired

Its the last game of the season.....probably want to see if EJ is worth gettiing kept

I hope they also play Logan Thomas

Actually, we know EJ is not worth keeping. Starting EJ is an admission that Cardale, after a full year on the roster, is not yet capable of playing an NFL game. THAT is an inditement of Whaleys draft for Cardale. Seems to me Cardale should be ready for a developmental game...and if not, xxxxx!!! Why was he, drafted at all then?

I am trying to figure out what the big deal is here

We all knew Ryan was gonna get fired

Its the last game of the season.....probably want to see if EJ is worth gettiing kept

I hope they also play Logan Thomas

ya like we dont know if EJ is good or not? maybe lets give t edwards another chance too.

I think TT is at least the intermediate answer..next 3-4 year...at QB. If Bills let him go, he will start somewhere else in the league next year and do just fine. This is about cap money imho, not TT's ability to improve and be an NFL starting QB. And, the cap is whaley's mess.

Actually, we know EJ is not worth keeping. Starting EJ is an admission that Cardale, after a full year on the roster, is not yet capable of playing an NFL game. THAT is an inditement of Whaleys draft for Cardale. Seems to me Cardale should be ready for a developmental game...and if not, xxxxx!!! Why was he, drafted at all then?

He was a 2 year project when drafted. EVERY scouting report said that.

Now add the guy resonsible for development is David Lee its not hard to understand

ya like we dont know if EJ is good or not? maybe lets give t edwards another chance too.

Would be so OneBillsDrive like if he lights up the moribund Jets and we get a winter of EJ fanbois arguing to keep him and give him a shot to start

Would be so OneBillsDrive like if he lights up the moribund Jets and we get a winter of EJ fanbois arguing to keep him and give him a shot to start

So exactly like we see with another QB after a Mia game?

So i will be getting yelled at by two chuches when i say that they Are not good enough

Edited by MAJBobby

So i will be getting yelled at by two chuches that they Are not good enough

Ray it seems like people understood Tyrods roll in this high powered offense before the Miami game. That is people who know football.. Not the people harping on a single statistic without regard to the math behind it... R

After watching Prescott, I agree. I'm pretty surprised that they don't think he's ready to play a game against a bad team at this point.

*Indictment. But anyways...

Everyone knew Jones was extremely raw when he was drafted. He has been given nothing but 3rd string reps at best. From a recent spot on WGR last week, it was said that he was basically Red Shirted this year, given a "Watch and Learn" program and didnt even get snaps during practices but rather a 15-30 minute advisory meeting after practice.

The non-development of Jones this year is COMPLETELY on the coaching staff. Rex, Lynn, and David Lee. All of which need to go if the Bills ever want to get serious about developing a QB.

After watching Prescott, I agree. I'm pretty surprised that they don't think he's ready to play a game against a bad team at this point.

I've mentioned this numerous times in other threads, but I'll point it out again.

The Cowboys coaching staff is built around QB development. The HC, OC, and QB coach are all former NFL QBs, and all former Cowboy QBs.

We have a D-based HC and a RB coach who both want to Ground and Pound, and a failed QB coach...

Our situation in Buffalo is more on par with the Rams when it comes to QB development, and they can't even get anything out of the #1 overall pick.

Edited by DrDareustein

So i will be getting yelled at by two chuches when i say that they Are not good enough

i mean, i thought tyrod was great after SEA too. im sorry the D can't stop Jimmy making one-handed TD catches in their kitchen. or him throwing 228 and 2/1 vs Pitt and the D letting Bell run for 236 and 3 TDs. Along with MIA rushing over 200 yards...again.

there's three wins. we're 10-5 right now if the D does its job.

one day you'll have the blame in the right place. DE-FENSE.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

i mean, i thought tyrod was great after SEA too. im sorry the D can't stop Jimmy making one-handed TD catches in their kitchen. or him throwing 228 and 2/1 vs Pitt and the D letting Bell run for 236 and 3 TDs. Along with MIA rushing over 200 yards...again.

Take the Pitt game out please. Tyrod had 70 yards passing thru 3 qtrs. That's a loss jack.

Wait pitt QB had the ball in his hands to win a gAme he did it.

Ours didnt so blame defense got it.

And again dont know how many times i have to say it defense is a problem and needs to be addressed. THAT DOESNT MEAN the QB is not a problem

Tyrod Ball in hand to win in Seattle LOST

Tyrod Ball in hand to win MIA LOST

2 wins = playoffs. See still a problem. Fix the problem

And again dont know how many times i have to say it defense is a problem and needs to be addressed. THAT DOESNT MEAN the QB is not a problem

Tyrod ball in hand 90 yards and 4 minutes put Bills in lead. Defense-Lost

As I've said elsewhere, saying that taylor didn't lead a 4th quarter comeback against Miami is flat-out sophistry. Don't make this argument. Please. Please.

so you're telling that if we get the exact same 2016 production out of our offense/TT, and our D was still 4th JUST LIKE REX INHERITED, we would still be in the same situation at 7-8? no !@#$ing way. you know how you help Tyrod's ability to have to pull off a game winning drive? stop letting up points in the final minutes and make him bail your ass out in the first place.

Tyrod ball in hand 90 yards and 4 minutes put Bills in lead. Defense-Lost

What are you talking about

As I've said elsewhere, saying that taylor didn't lead a 4th quarter comeback against Miami is flat-out sophistry. Don't make this argument. Please. Please.

Your right he didnt have the ball in his hands twice in OT your right lol

so you're telling that if we get the exact same 2016 production out of our offense/TT, and our D was still 4th JUST LIKE REX INHERITED, we would still be in the same situation at 7-8? no !@#$ing way. you know how you help Tyrod's ability to have to pull off a game winning drive? stop letting up points in the final minutes and make him bail your ass out in the first place.

Simple is his play a problem. Can you win multiple SBs with TT?

Simple is his play a problem. Can you win multiple SBs with TT?

whoa, multiple SB WINS!?!??! so you want a Bills QB to achieve a feat that's only been done by 11 QBs in NFL history. you want him to go from no playoffs in 17 years to MULTIPLE SB wins. that's so delusional i can't even address it.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

This is a reasonable take. No way they have completely moved off Tyrod as much as some would like.

I REALLY hope this is the thinking. It terrifies me that the front office may be as reactionary as the fans these days and want to toss Tyrod to the curb with no better option. Tyrod and even an average D would be in the playoffs this year. How do so many people seem to miss this?

Edited by DC Grid

??? The freaking kicker missed a kick most kickers don't miss in OT after the Bills moved down the field. And the second time they had it, they started at the 2. Give it a rest, man - you're digging an even deeper hole.