MAJBobby

Umm they actually have 3

Ok cool so 389-18= 371

371/15= 24 ppg

EJ led Bills

52-6 = 46

46/2 = 23 ppg

Huge drop off let me tell tou

No, 2. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2016.htm .

It's an actual recorded fact. Scroll down. No special teams TDs either.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean really if TT doesnt turn the Ball over why is it only 24ppg.

Ooo i know the NFL leading 3 and out %.

3 and out similar to TO right quick change event

But lets ignore real football concepts to paint a pretty picture

Edited by MAJBobby

2 seasons. 26th and 31st in passing.

What else do you wannna see ?

47 tds vs. 15 turnovers, 100 qb rating in last 4 of 5 games, yes, considering the line of crap quarterbacks we've had over the last few years, I would like to not hastily move on, particularly when the best options include Mike Glennon or a 3-year injured 37yo Tony Romo.

47 tds vs. 15 turnovers, 100 qb rating in last 4 of 5 games, yes, considering the line of crap quarterbacks we've had over the last few years, I would like to not hastily move on, particularly when the best options include Mike Glennon or a 3-year injured 37yo Tony Romo.

Whats his 3 and out % (similar to a turnover) compared to rest of league

Edited by MAJBobby

nope ST gets the credit.

TT is going to be back so you should probably start finding a team that has a QB you can root for. Why bother here?

Dont worry doesnt really matter to me anymore anyway stopped spending money on this team long ago except for investment

ST TD is not a defensive TD thats all. :)

Yeah, but I'll grant that point. 21 points were scored that were not by the offense. Take away those points from the Bills, and they're 13th in scoring overall. However, in doing that I didn't take away of the ST/defensive scores for the other teams on the list.

Yeah, but I'll grant that point. 21 points were scored that were not by the offense. Take away those points from the Bills, and they're 13th in scoring overall. However, in doing that I didn't take away of the ST/defensive scores for the other teams on the list.

Well to be fair it is only 18

And that is the calculation i used to come up with 24 ppg

Just like when EJ led this offense it was 23 ppg

I got ya already Dave... Just having some fun poking the annoying vocal minority that have have no solution for a better Qb than TT who is about the 18 to 22nd best QB in the Nfl.

I mean really if TT doesnt turn the Ball over why is it only 24ppg.

Ooo i know the NFL leading 3 and out %.

3 and out similar to TO right quick change event

But lets ignore real football concepts to paint a pretty picture

Bills are 9th in 3 and out percentage. Continue looking like a fool. It's entertaining.

Want to know who is 6th? New England.

Can't wait to see you change the topic again.

Edited by DaBills51

nope ST gets the credit.

TT is going to be back so you should probably start finding a team that has a QB you can root for. Why bother here?

You really think that? He's being benched so he doesn't get hurt and the Bills will not be forced to keep him and pay him per contract and you think he is going to be here next year?

1 - that screams the Bills are not satisfied and are going to look elsewhere for better QB play

2 - if you are Tyrod, do you want to come back after this

3 - Rex, his biggest supporter just got relieved

Don't really think Tyrod is going to be back in Buffalo

Well to be fair it is only 18

And that is the calculation i used to come up with 24 ppg

Just like when EJ led this offense it was 23 ppg

When did EJ lead the offense over the course of a season to average 23 points? I honestly don't remember that.

You really think that? He's being benched so he doesn't get hurt and the Bills will not be forced to keep him and pay him per contract and you think he is going to be here next year?

1 - that screams the Bills are not satisfied and are going to look elsewhere for better QB play

PM me lets have a friendly wager - say 20$ on paypal?

Nice try... You think they are benching him off of a 375 total offensive yard day because of performance to play a proven failure and worst QB the Bills have ever drafted in the first round.. Sure....

Nice try... You think they are benching him off of a 375 total offensive yard day because of performance to play a proven failure and worst QB the Bills have ever drafted in the first round.. Sure....

For what its worth, this quote about the decision with Taylor was on ESPN.com article on Ryan's firing.

"EJ (Manuel) playing is strictly for injury reasons in Tyrod's deal," one Bills source said. "We already know who EJ is, and Cardale (Jones) is not ready."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18358134/buffalo-bills-cautious-tyrod-taylor-plan-start-ej-manuel-week-17-new-york-jets

He's under contract - so for the people saying he "won't want to come back"... he doesn't have a choice if we pick up the option.

If we cut him - Whaley had better have a realistic backup plan beyond re-signing EJ, or bringing in some cast off. There will be a drop off, and I feel like saying there wouldn't be is not realistic.

The fact is - the defense let this team down. We were supposed to be good on defense, and we were not in the last 2 years. That is the reason we are where we are. You can throw a million advanced stats at me about the offense, scoring, 3 and out % or whatever. But the fact remains that our defense let this team down.

We were shredded by Ajayi twice, Bell once, Carr once, russel wilson, brady, etc. 3 200 yard rushers? Allowed over 30 PPG in 8 losses? Coverage problems, miscommunication , tackling problems all season. 0 accountability.

Who is going to replace Tyrod that is any better????? The guy is elusive, extends plays and hasn't had the starting receivers together since week 2 until the last 2 games.

Sammy is on a broken foot.

The offensive philosophy is run and play defense. The guy hasn't had a great chance to get into a throwing rhythm.

I have watched the Bills for years and this is almost a replay of the Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson debacle. Johnson had one good game in place of Flutie and Buffalo had him start over Flutie against the Titans - the rest is crap history.

We've changed quarterbacks how many times since? Don't make the same mistake by jumping ship early, Tyrod can play. Re-work his contract to make it incentive laden, like all contracts should be.

If you get a rookie or some high priced free agent, the rest of the team will suffer and likely take a step back.

BTW, it wasn't Tyrod that missed tackles which allowed 3 TDs for Miami.

Who are you going to get who is better?

I don't think it guarantees that Tyrod is gone, it just guarantees that the Bills have the option to move on, if the new HC isn't feeling it.

Personally, I don't think Tyrod is 'the guy', but he is talented, and better than anyone else we have available to us right now. Unless we're feeling *really* optimistic about a draft pick or Cardale, I could see him returning.

Do you think Tyrod would want to return if the team wouldn't start him specifically coming off his best game in the NFL? It's a bit of a slap of the face and I can even say that and not a Tyrod supporter.

Who is going to replace Tyrod that is any better????? The guy is elusive, extends plays and hasn't had the starting receivers together since week 2 until the last 2 games.

Sammy is on a broken foot.

The offensive philosophy is run and play defense. The guy hasn't had a great chance to get into a throwing rhythm.

I have watched the Bills for years and this is almost a replay of the Doug Flutie/Rob Johnson debacle. Johnson had one good game in place of Flutie and Buffalo had him start over Flutie against the Titans - the rest is crap history.

We've changed quarterbacks how many times since? Don't make the same mistake by jumping ship early, Tyrod can play. Re-work his contract to make it incentive laden, like all contracts should be.

If you get a rookie or some high priced free agent, the rest of the team will suffer and likely take a step back.

BTW, it wasn't Tyrod that missed tackles which allowed 3 TDs for Miami.

Who are you going to get who is better?

Which Tyrod is the real Tyrod the one who finally passed for 300 yards against Miami and finally put us ahead in the fourth quarter? or the one who struggled against the Ravens (with Watkins) against Seattle inside the 10? or the second half against Oakland. Based on the law of averages I'd predict the Tyrod we saw games 1-14 and last year was the Tyrod we should expect. If he reworks his contract I'd consider it but I can't see him wanting to do that especially after this weeks "benching".

Do you think Tyrod would want to return if the team wouldn't start him specifically coming off his best game in the NFL? It's a bit of a slap of the face and I can even say that and not a Tyrod supporter.

Any player worth keeping understands the business of this decision. Tyrod comes off as level headed, I'm sure he understands it, and understands he's not the best QB in the league either.

Any player worth keeping understands the business of this decision. Tyrod comes off as level headed, I'm sure he understands it, and understands he's not the best QB in the league either.

They need to shut down Sammy also.

When did EJ lead the offense over the course of a season to average 23 points? I honestly don't remember that.

Ooo now its over a course of a season.

It supports my point the Church wants to poo poo on thay ANY QB can score in this offense with the way its built.

We really need a thread for discussion of other QB options. I imagine Whaley has a list of QBs he prefers over Tyrod, and will go after said list in whatever way he can before the deadline to keep Tyrod comes up. If he doesn't get anyone, he keeps Tyrod. It's pretty simple, really.

They need to shut down Sammy also.

I fully support this.

For what its worth, this quote about the decision with Taylor was on ESPN.com article on Ryan's firing.

"EJ (Manuel) playing is strictly for injury reasons in Tyrod's deal," one Bills source said. "We already know who EJ is, and Cardale (Jones) is not ready."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18358134/buffalo-bills-cautious-tyrod-taylor-plan-start-ej-manuel-week-17-new-york-jets

Another source sighting! I love this source! He's blunt and to the point and definitely not Russ Brandon!

Edit: This is sarcasm.

Edited by fridge

No upside to playing TT. Only Rex wanted to play him this week and try to get to .500. EJ should help them get the number 9 pick in the draft by starting.

We really need a thread for discussion of other QB options. I imagine Whaley has a list of QBs he prefers over Tyrod, and will go after said list in whatever way he can before the deadline to keep Tyrod comes up. If he doesn't get anyone, he keeps Tyrod. It's pretty simple, really.

I fully support this.

If injury is a concern, it's imperative he's shut down given the history of recurrence with that injury. But I doubt they will given that they want EJ to have a fighting chance.

It takes higher level understanding to see it was a business decision.

Yes it does. Said there still is ??? With Tyrod.

if they were sold on TT he would be playing option picked up and first question of new coach interview how do you continue to build with Tyrod.