Trump foreign policy

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The military has no respect for Trump for obvious reasons. Let's hope that does not become a problem in some way. 

My view from the Hampton Roads area leads me to a much different conclusiin than your view from the Soros Laundromat

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Nah they use civilians, probably a GS12

In any event he most likely was not highly placed in a decision making capacity.  That aside, I remember going by the old Seneca Army Depot and saw fatigue clad personnel doing menial tasks such as they could be seen from the main highway.  They still had perimeter guards who most likely were not highly placed. Guys signed up for a hitch while they try to figure out their next move in life are not typically watching for what is going on base-wide or service-wide.  That's all I am trying to say.  

Sinking US aircraft carriers will resolve tension in South China Sea, says Chinese admiral

The Chinese believe that "Americans have gone soft … [they] no longer have an appetite for sacrifice and at the first sign of genuine trouble they will cut and run," Glosserman said.

In his speech, Loui said there were "five cornerstones of the United States" open to exploitation: their military, their money, their talent, their voting system -- and their fear of adversaries, according to the news.com.au report.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/sinking-us-aircraft-will-resolve-tension-in-south-china-sea-says-chinese-admiral

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Sinking US aircraft carriers will resolve tension in South China Sea, says Chinese admiral

The Chinese believe that "Americans have gone soft … [they] no longer have an appetite for sacrifice and at the first sign of genuine trouble they will cut and run," Glosserman said.

In his speech, Loui said there were "five cornerstones of the United States" open to exploitation: their military, their money, their talent, their voting system -- and their fear of adversaries, according to the news.com.au report.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/sinking-us-aircraft-will-resolve-tension-in-south-china-sea-says-chinese-admiral

This is a key pillar of the tariff fight that Orangemanbad started

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ALF said:

Wow, they really don't understand us, do they? The Japanese high command in 1941 thought we would quickly tire of a Pacific war.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Wow, they really don't understand us, do they? The Japanese high command in 1941 thought we would quickly tire of a Pacific war.

i dunno. the world today is a drastically different place. lets hope we never have to find out.

35 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Well, we did wimp out and found a way to avoid invading the Japanese homeland.

56 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Germans thought we were soft, as well.

Still, the Chinese might not be entirely wrong this time - we've become a zero-risk society where we can't even let children walk outside alone, and there's strong debate even amongst professionals whether or not capital ships can be risked in combat.  The Chinese would be ill-advised to start a war by sinking a carrier (the Japanese mistake wasn't sinking the Pacific Fleet, but starting the war by sinking it).  But they'd most likely end a war by not even sinking one, just badly damaging it.  

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Germans thought we were soft, as well.

Still, the Chinese might not be entirely wrong this time - we've become a zero-risk society where we can't even let children walk outside alone, and there's strong debate even amongst professionals whether or not capital ships can be risked in combat.  The Chinese would be ill-advised to start a war by sinking a carrier (the Japanese mistake wasn't sinking the Pacific Fleet, but starting the war by sinking it).  But they'd most likely end a war by not even sinking one, just badly damaging it.  

The Krauts were kinda right. Regular infantry in WWII wasn’t to the level ***** infantry was. 

Our Airborne and armored units did quite well though. 

China is my main concern. And I share your fears. An army of mixed-gender, and transgenders will accomplish nothing in the field. 

Further, Americans are becoming more and more “French” in their views of war. Why? Take a look at the demographics. This ain’t the country that won WWII. Mixed demographics have brought mixed cultures which is eroding our western culture and destroying our warrior spirit. The gayosexualism of the modern era has brought new morales and ethics and they’ve declared any form of manliness to be toxic masculinity. 

We actually need a bloody bloody war to set things right in my opinion. But I doubt we win because of liberals. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

The Krauts were kinda right. Regular infantry in WWII wasn’t to the level ***** infantry was. 

Our Airborne and armored units did quite well though. 

China is my main concern. And I share your fears. An army of mixed-gender, and transgenders will accomplish nothing in the field. 

Further, Americans are becoming more and more “French” in their views of war. Why? Take a look at the demographics. This ain’t the country that won WWII. Mixed demographics have brought mixed cultures which is eroding our western culture and destroying our warrior spirit. The gayosexualism of the modern era has brought new morales and ethics and they’ve declared any form of manliness to be toxic masculinity. 

We actually need a bloody bloody war to set things right in my opinion. But I doubt we win because of liberals. 

What do you have against Hispanics?

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Isolationism doesn’t work. 

I'm not advocating for isolationism. I'm advocating for an end to perma-war against a nameless, faceless enemy that does nothing but bloat the budgets of the defense industry and DC politicians - at the expense of American blood, treasure and instability

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm not advocating for isolationism. I'm advocating for an end to perma-war against a nameless, faceless enemy that does nothing but bloat the budgets of the defense industry and DC politicians - at the expense of American blood, treasure and instability

Which is why trump said in the post I quoted you before that Iran can do what they want in Syria.  It’s not full isolationism but it’s changing the role of America which I personally think is dangerous.

But hey what do I know? I’m just a neo con who thinks you’re crazy.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Can't have a POTUS ending wars. Just cannot allow it. 

It's not like he's the CiC. 

Bolton reaffirmed that the pullout is conditional..and not immediate as Trump stated.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bolton-says-u-s-withdrawal-from-syria-is-conditional-11546777230

Edited by plenzmd1

50 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

The adults reigned him in again. Our allies must feel so confident in his leadership. 

At least foreign leaders are attentive to our leaders and not walking all over them and their red lines anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Can't have a POTUS ending wars. Just cannot allow it. 

It's not like he's the CiC. 

Or he just blurted out that US troops would be leaving Syria immediately, because he saw more green clovers that particular morning.

On 12/31/2018 at 8:26 AM, DC Tom said:

What?  It was widely reported - BY CNN - that Obama pulled out of Iraq despite the lack of a status of forces agreement.

How much history are they going to try to retcon?  

if all records told the same tale – then the lie passed into history and became truth. "Who controls the past," ran the Party slogan, "controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting. It was quite simple. All that was needed was an unending series of victories over your own memory.

Shut them down.

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Or he just blurted out that US troops would be leaving Syria immediately, because he saw more green clovers that particular morning.

It’s all part of a grand strategy that no one seems to understand.

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The Hell it doesn't.

Let's let the rest of the world fall to pieces without our money or protection. When they're in dire straits, THEN we return on OUR terms.

Hitler loved the isolationists. 

No isolationists, no Hitler