Trump foreign policy

2 hours ago, GG said:

Or he just blurted out that US troops would be leaving Syria immediately, because he saw more green clovers that particular morning.

He ran on it. It wasn't a random decision. He also tried pulling them out his first year, announced it early with a plan in place. What happened? 

A "gas attack" that killed children happened and forced the US to stay. 

The evidence is clear. The CiC can't order a withdrawal without the MiC's approval. That should alarm everyone. It's not a sign that things are working as they should, it's another clear sign that our democratic republic is a mirage, not reality. 

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He ran on it. It wasn't a random decision. He also tried pulling them out his first year, announced it early with a plan in place. What happened? 

The evidence is clear. The CiC can't order a withdrawal without the MiC's approval. That should alarm everyone. It's not a sign that things are working as they should, it's another clear sign that our democratic republic is a mirage, not reality. 

Who specifically is the man in charge who overrode Trump and organized the “gas attack?”

Edited by BeginnersMind

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It should alarm everyone that we have a compromised dunce in charge that really should run anything. 

Love how you disparage our government. Putin couldn't have said it any better 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"The Military-Intelligence Community."

Are you being purposely dense?

And who in charge of this? 

Or is just the Borg?

MiC is not the military intelligence community anyways. It's usually the Military Industrial Complex. Not that it matters. My question stands.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

And who in charge of this? 

Or is just the Borg?

It's the "Deep State," you ***** nitwit.  Not the fever-dream Illuminati world-wide "Deep State," but the federal civil service bureaucracy "Deep State" that fights like hell to protect and propagate itself.

Bureaucratic inertia is a real thing, and elected officials have very limited ability to work against it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's the "Deep State," you ***** nitwit.  Not the fever-dream Illuminati world-wide "Deep State," but the federal civil service bureaucracy "Deep State" that fights like hell to protect and propagate itself.

Bureaucratic inertia is a real thing, and elected officials have very limited ability to work against it.

So Trump is being held back, why isn't he tweeting about this then? Seems more likely Mattis resignation made him pause 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So the adults didn't talk the child out of his decision? The Borg did it? 

I understand the idea that there's a bureaucratic entity, friend, and in it are a bunch of people. Those people make their own self-serving decisions, mistakes, and statements. There's no us vs. them. They are all us. To speak of it like it's a conspiratorial entity is nonsense. It's just the usual Leviathan. 

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"The Military-Intelligence Community."

Are you being purposely dense?

Yes. He is. Because he's not here to have real conversations. He's here to slide, divide, and be inane, like the fukktwatt he is.

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It should alarm everyone that we have a compromised dunce in charge that really should run anything. 

Love how you disparage our government. Putin couldn't have said it any better 

The MiC is NOT our "government". Hence my point. ;) 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

Trump is attracted to dictators. He has weird soft spots for them. Like them? Not sure. Admires them somehow? Clearly. 

Yup, so much he holds secret meetings with them. Meetings with the dictator that helped elect him. Dictators he had business dealings with while running. A dictator who offered him help in a meeting his campaign took. They shared an interest in Manafort who sure looks like a Russian plant. 

But aside from that, I doubt they were "colluding" 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Obama ran on closing Gitmo within his first 100 days, and then reality kicked him in the face.

Nobody would have an issue with Trump ordering a troop pull out if there was confidence that his order came from a carefully deliberated process, and not from the last person he talked to, despite the reality on the ground.  That is far more alarming than the bureaucracy machine standing in the way of his orders. 

If MiC has the real power, and according to you, Mattis was part of that guard - why did Mattis walk out instead of forcing Trump to stay?   

Trump's decision making is hell of a lot closer to Rear Admiral Clinton imploring a navy ship to stay for another week because it's already in the port and another week's delay wouldn't hurt anyone.  It's the same as the morons who clamored for airdropped into the SuperDome.  I'm mean, why can't a commander just decide that actively engaged troops simply pack their bags and go home?  Immediately!!

You always imply that there's a grand strategy behind everything that Trump does, when his whole life belies that notion.   

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Obama ran on closing Gitmo within his first 100 days, and then reality kicked him in the face.

Nobody would have an issue with Trump ordering a troop pull out if there was confidence that his order came from a carefully deliberated process, and not from the last person he talked to, despite the reality on the ground.  That is far more alarming than the bureaucracy machine standing in the way of his orders. 

If MiC has the real power, and according to you, Mattis was part of that guard - why did Mattis walk out instead of forcing Trump to stay?   

Trump's decision making is hell of a lot closer to Rear Admiral Clinton imploring a navy ship to stay for another week because it's already in the port and another week's delay wouldn't hurt anyone.  It's the same as the morons who clamored for airdropped into the SuperDome.  I'm mean, why can't a commander just decide that actively engaged troops simply pack their bags and go home?  Immediately!!

You always imply that there's a grand strategy behind everything that Trump does, when his whole life belies that notion.   

You keep confusing Trump with who's behind him. When I speak of strategy I speak of the men and women in MI behind his campaign and administration. To paraphrase Hunt For Red October, those sorts of men don't take a dump without a plan. 

The troops in question are not "actively engaged" in combat operations. Their mission on the ground has never been clarified or outlined for them or the public. They are largely logistical support troops for special operators who are doing the bulk of the fighting. Those special operations will not be stopped nor slowed down with the removal of 2,000 troops. They aren't even being run out of Syria for the most part, instead they are working out of the Kingdom and several other friendly locals. 

There's no reason for 2,000 troops in Syria other than to make them targets. They're not helping the situation on the ground, they're not promoting stability. They're there without a mission and without purpose in a war that's never been declared or even specified as to its goals. 

Isolationism is not Trump's policy nor what I'm advocating for. Our strategic goals in the region can be accomplished with air power and joint operations with the GCC, Israel, and our other allies in the region using smaller, tactical strike teams rather than lumbering occupational forces. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You keep confusing Trump with who's behind him. When I speak of strategy I speak of the men and women in MI behind his campaign and administration. To paraphrase Hunt For Red October, those sorts of men don't take a dump without a plan. 

The troops in question are not "actively engaged" in combat operations. Their mission on the ground has never been clarified or outlined for them or the public. They are largely logistical support troops for special operators who are doing the bulk of the fighting. Those special operations will not be stopped nor slowed down with the removal of 2,000 troops. They aren't even being run out of Syria for the most part, instead they are working out of the Kingdom and several other friendly locals. 

There's no reason for 2,000 troops in Syria other than to make them targets. They're not helping the situation on the ground, they're not promoting stability. They're there without a mission and without purpose in a war that's never been declared or even specified as to its goals. 

Isolationism is not Trump's policy nor what I'm advocating for. Our strategic goals in the region can be accomplished with air power and joint operations with the GCC, Israel, and our other allies in the region using smaller, tactical strike teams rather than lumbering occupational forces. 

So in effect, you again are ok with Trump's deep state fighting the DC Deep State.  

Don't forget that a big pillar of Trump ordering the Syria exit is that he didn't want them to be in the way of Israel's invasion of Syria, yet most recent news say that Bibi pleaded with Trump to stay put.   So, who is he listening to, other than Lucky?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GG said:

So in effect, you again are ok with Trump's deep state fighting the DC Deep State.  

Don't forget that a big pillar of Trump ordering the Syria exit is that he didn't want them to be in the way of Israel's invasion of Syria, yet most recent news say that Bibi pleaded with Trump to stay put.   So, who is he listening to, other than Lucky?

Bibi wanting us to do his dirty work? I wouldn't put it past him, and I LIKE Bibi. All things being equal, though, I'd rather the Israelis deal with their neighbors than us.

9 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The adults reigned him in again. Our allies must feel so confident in his leadership. 

Funny. Trump changes his mind, and it's the adults reigning him in.

Obama and Biden changed their mind all the time, and it was called "evolving."

Thanks for the chuckle, though. Leftists are nothing if not consistently hypocritical. :lol:

And hey...our allies can go eff themselves. Cut off their money and let's see how confident they feel in his leadership.

• Like (+1) 2

Do libs think it is more productive to conduct diplomacy by publicly talking ***** about leaders of foreign countries?

I'm open to hearing the arguments in favor of this approach, but intuitively it seems retarded. It's a good way to put your adversary in a position where he has to oppose you to save face.

It seems much more effective to let your words work towards diplomacy and let your actions dictate the parameters.

I recall a guy who offered up a lot of tough talk about red lines and such, then cowered like a B word when his bluff was called. The opposite approach seems preferable to me.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Do libs think it is more productive to conduct diplomacy by publicly talking ***** about leaders of foreign countries?

I'm open to hearing the arguments in favor of this approach, but intuitively it seems retarded. It's a good way to put your adversary in a position where he has to oppose you to save face.

It seems much more effective to let your words work towards diplomacy and let your actions dictate the parameters.

I recall a guy who offered up a lot of tough talk about red lines and such, then cowered like a B word when his bluff was called. The opposite approach seems preferable to me.

Rocket man? 

55 minutes ago, GG said:

If you go back through the original DS thread and its OP, you'll see I've always called this out for what it is: a civil war within the global power structure (or cabal, or DS for a less specific definition). It's not white hats and black hats, but shades of gray. The difference between the group behind Trump and the group behind the establishment DC/MiC for the past 70 years is their belief in restoring the power to the people in terms of governance. 

My side isn't with Trump or the MI, my side is with my country and its people. 

Perma-war for the past 18 years has not made the world safer. It's made it more chaotic and dangerous while allowing for the establishment at home to strip back our civil liberties such as privacy, due process, and speech under the guise of fighting a war on "terror". It's been a policy that's benefited the coffers of the defense industry, the central banking systems, and this nation's enemies. It has not been a policy that's made Americans safer or more prosperous. Quite the opposite. 

I originally boiled down what we are seeing on a national level to a battle between elements of the CIA and elements of the DIA. Civilian intelligence versus Military intelligence. That's still very much the case. CIA and DIA despise one another, mainly because the CIA trains and funds the people the DIA get sent in to kill months down the line. Syria was created to be a cluster***** that drains our resources, drains our will as a people, and leads to a shooting war with Russia. That was the plan in the fall of 2016. It's still a plan those elements within the USIC who remain compromised still are trying to engineer. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Rocket man? 

That was absolutely brilliant. 

He completely trivialized KJU and changed the perception of him from dangerous dictator to ridiculous stooge with one twist of phrase without having to make empty threats or direct insults.

If you weren't blinded by extreme partisan bias you could appreciate the beauty of it.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

That was absolutely brilliant. 

He completely trivialized KJU and changed the perception of him from dangerous dictator to ridiculous stooge with one twist of phrase without having to make empty threats or direct insults.

If you weren't blinded by extreme partisan bias you could appreciate the beauty of it.

But Gleeful Gator, Plagiarizer and Sock Puppet says:

7 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Funny. Trump changes his mind, and it's the adults reigning him in.

Obama and Biden changed their mind all the time, and it was called "evolving."

Thanks for the chuckle, though. Leftists are nothing if not consistently hypocritical. :lol:

And hey...our allies can go eff themselves. Cut off their money and let's see how confident they feel in his leadership.

"Reining."  

I know, it's ***** face that made the mistake first.  He's an idiot.  I just don't want to respond to him.