Doug Whaley - The Tim Graham Feature Story

Reed83HOF

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only Graham was half as good at his job as Whaley is at his, we'd have some decent journalism around here.

Doug should write an article about Graham and Sully. I can see it now: A Tale of Two Sensationalist Hacks. A GM's Look at How Tim and Jerry Should be Replaced By Tom and Jerry--At Least They Know They're Fools.....

that Whaley sux.

Here is some more incriminating evidence;

"Another factor possibly impacting the Bills' inability to pinpoint draft keepers is their approach to scouting underclassmen.

The process predates Whaley, but he has maintained an old-school organizational philosophy of not scouting underclassmen until they declare for the draft in January. :blink: :wacko::o

"I knew there used to be teams that did it that way," a longtime NFC scout told me. "I just thought they didn't exist anymore."

As I said earlier, this is total bulls hit. Absolutely no basis in fact. In addition to their regional scouts, Whaley personally attended several of Watkins' games his junior year at Clemson. That's just one of several examples. Hell, they were at Shaq Lawson games last year for crissakes.

Mic drop. Thank you. Whaley keeps finding contributors. His hiring of Monos was a very underrated move.

Yes, he needs to find a QB, but how many teams in the league actually have that elite quarterback? They don't grow on trees. And how many GMs in the NFL are batting 1.000 in the draft. This team has talent with no coaching direction.

Just imagine Matt Ryan throwing to Watkins, Shady, Woods, and Clay (and a defense that isn't schemed for 2001). Let Whaley try to build this team. We've come a long way, talent wise, from the Marv Levy years. The guy who builds a team is the GM. We need some continuity there, especially when we're seeing growth.

Edited by somnus00

Damn. We should have kep Randell Johnson and Tony Steward rather than sign Lorax and Zach. I knew it!

And the scheme changing and flip flopping on the defensive side has had a significant impact on this. If Schwartz had stayed I am pretty sure he lobbies to keep Bradham and we probably also keep Ross Cockrell who Rex did not think was a scheme fit.

edited... paragraphs are your friend. Use a new one when your thought flow changes slightly

Reading Tim Graham article made me sick to my stomach to be a bill fan. What is worst, is the fans that believe that rubbish.

How quickly we forgot the state of the Bills when Buddy Nix took over. The organization was in such shambles no one wanted to coach this team .Granted the main reason for this was the health of Ralph Wilson. More importantly the roster was not talented. Looking back the only major talent on the team was Marshawn Lynch and all of buffalo wanted him out of town. Where the roster was then, compared to now, is remarkable.

Graham's article talked about the amount of draft picks still on the current roster during the term Whaley and Nix has presided over the team. He compare the Bills roster to the lowly Browns who kept their entire draft class about 15 deep. Then on the other hand compared the bills to the Steeler, Packers and Bengals who have had the same head coach / GM combination forever. In the last six years the bills has move from Jauron to Gailey,to Marone and now Rayan. We all know how the NFL works, new coaches bring new schemes, idea and players. Under Chan Gaily we were going to play a 3/4 defense with George Edwards. then we switch to a 4/3 with Dave Wannstead. Then Marone came with Petine and switch back to a 3/4. Petine leaves, we go back to 4/3 wide nine with Swartz. Then Rex comes and we over hall everything to move back to a 3/4.

There is no way we can look at personal move in such a vacuum without considering the coaching staff. The biggest problem for Whaley is that he has never been given the ability to freely select his own head coach. Does anyone think he choose Marone or Rex. This team is far more talented on both sides of the ball than anytime within the last 5 years. Fans and the Bills management always want to fire the person that has actually done his job.

It's time Whaley demand to the owners that he be allowed to do his job and get the coach he is comfortable with developing the talent that is clearly on this team. It doesn't matter how he acquires talent, draft , free agency... who cares. Tim graham is a unprofessional loser, that why he is back at the buffalo news instead of major national outlet writing crappy articles with a clear agenda. Every true Bills fan should know that article was not worth paper it was written on when Graham said Doug Marone wanted Fitz to be his quarterback...Really.. wake up BILLS FAN

I looked at the lack of paragraphs and moved on..... that looked like more work than information.

to the OP = spelling and grammar are your friends. Get to know them. That was painful to read. I knew I was in trouble when the subject line was in all CAPS.

Edited by BuffaninATL

I am sorry Little Timmie and the rest of the snooze that you dont have access to the grow up table which is the NFL. You are just not worthy.

Who cares what you think or conjure up. The Buffalo News and Wgr for that matter need to stay in thier little toddler lane and continue writing puff pieces about the sabres. You wouldn't know football talent if it smack you in the face

Damn the Buffalo News must be trying to wage a personal war against the Bills...these guys sound like they have some type of vendetta against the Bills...they are really trying hard to figure out new ways to come up with to show just how terrible they are, lol...

They've been that way for many years. Goes way back to Ralph Wilson

Basically, Jay Skurski already has made up his mind that DW is "failing" and it is a mistake to keep him. If that is the case, why bother granting the interview or why bother going through with the interview if you already have made up your mind as Skurski has.

Whether you like Rex as a HC or not, you have to respect how he keeps his cool during the press conferences. I would have a difficult time not exploding.

Whaley has been with the team since 2010. Is it truly still premature to have an opinion on the job he's doing? Or should teams only get interviewed by members of the media who think they are great?

As I said earlier, this is total bulls hit. Absolutely no basis in fact. In addition to their regional scouts, Whaley personally attended several of Watkins' games his junior year at Clemson. That's just one of several examples. Hell, they were at Shaq Lawson games last year for crissakes.

And there is an interview with Whaley from January 2014 where he talked about reducing the scouting areas to allow area scouts to dedicate more time to looking at underclassmen.

Tim invented a stat that looks like it means something. We better cut Shady, Hughes, Incognito, Groy, Justin Hunter, Gillislee, Lorax and Zach Brown because they are upsetting our Tim Graham-mandated ratio.

Great point. Actually, being forced to overpay for McCoy, Hughes and Incognito will be a big reason we let Gilmore walk.