Doug Whaley - The Tim Graham Feature Story

Reed83HOF

I personally know scouts, both directly and indirectly employed by the Bills, who are tasked with scouting underclassmen. I personally know scouts who have sat with and compiled notes along side Whaley while in attendance at various venues featuring specifically targeted underclassmen.

I use Watkins as an example because of it's recent relevance and magnitude. But why stop there? Our last three tops picks in drafts have all been underclassmen and Graham would have us believe that they weren't scouted until later on in the process when the exact opposite is true; as projected high draft choices in the spring before their final college seasons, they were specifically targeted and assigned. That's just SOP for every NFL team and has been since underclassmen have been eligible.

Believe what you want. I don't really care. But I have a low tolerance for blatant bullschit propagated in the absence of rigorous journalistic practice. Graham could have easily checked other sources to verify the one he used in his story.

I don't know what to believe. It's not as if Graham has a record of misreporting. You might be right though. I don't pretend to know the truth.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally know scouts, both directly and indirectly employed by the Bills, who are tasked with scouting underclassmen. I personally know scouts who have sat with and compiled notes along side Whaley while in attendance at various venues featuring specifically targeted underclassmen.

I use Watkins as an example because of it's recent relevance and magnitude. But why stop there? Our last three tops picks in drafts have all been underclassmen and Graham would have us believe that they weren't scouted until later on in the process when the exact opposite is true; as projected high draft choices in the spring before their final college seasons, they were specifically targeted and assigned. That's just SOP for every NFL team and has been since underclassmen have been eligible.

Believe what you want. I don't really care. But I have a low tolerance for blatant bullschit propagated in the absence of rigorous journalistic practice. Graham could have easily checked other sources to verify the one he used in his story.

We should hang out. lol

You're exactly right.

And also, the Bills have been mediocre for a long time which would pressure a GM to want to patch a hole with a free agent guy for a year while they try to make a run at the playoffs rather than waiting to draft a guy.

I think the fact that the Bills have so many free agents on their roster (and the fact that those guys usually perform very well when brought it) is proof that Whaley does indeed have an eye for talent. He evaluates talent quite well in my opinion.

The entire article is basically bunk based on nothing. I can't believe people think there is any real substance in that article at all. I guess you read into it what you want to read into it.

We are at a point in the history of the Bills where this drought has caused people to search for any answer to explain it.

The Buff News writers though seem to have an issue with the organization in general. One would think this was an 0-14 team. Sullivan and Gleason are more trolls than fair writers, Skurski strikes me as sanctimonious and Graham relishes being controversial. I do think he is an excellent feature writer. Carucci is okay. It seems to me when a paper devotes four writers to constantly harangue the organization something is off.

And this Buffalo media narrative that the Bills would be better of being the Browns was foolishness on blast.

Edited by purple haze

Good luck with that. Such nuance won't be found when talking to that "Graham" a douche" crowd.

They can't get past the byline--yet they then babble on about "preconceived notions" with no apparent irony. Classic stuff.

The offense has gotten better, the Defense has gotten steadily worse, despite drafts and FA pickups heavy on Defense.

Which leads us to the hot seat Rex is on, no?