Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

Buffalo is so dysfunctional that Marrone quit to work in a lower position on a worse team. He had the Bills on the brink of respectability and jackass Rex throws us back in the hole. I put that on Whaley and Brandon and for that I feel we clean house and they all go.

Rex >>>>> Greggo Marrone

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley missed on EJ

mortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.

overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.

NOT in good cap shape for 2017

Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

Traded back to get to get the best qb in that class

Hughes has generally lived up to his paycheck. He didn't get the ELITE pay

Aaron Williams would've been a bargain if healthy

Just some re-framing

Whaley missed on EJ

mortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.

overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.

NOT in good cap shape for 2017

Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

Nothing at all.

One thing I will say about him is that he more-or-less drafts players where you think they should be taken if you were big on mock drafts... I don't see any TJ Graham's, they are relatively safe picks for Day 1 and Day 2. I don't give a !@#$ about mock drafts though, I look at the bottom-line results on the field, and the talent level is severely lacking.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

Mods, please pin this thread so I can easily find it to read it EVERY !@#$ING DAY!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowher on Whaley

Former Steelers head coach and current CBS NFL commentator Bill Cowher worked with Bills new GM Doug Whaley for the better part of a decade in the Pittsburgh organization. He was anything but surprised that Whaley has risen to the GM ranks in the NFL.

“Doug Whaley to me has “paid his dues.” He has done his job professionally and with high-quality,” said Cowher. “I know from working with him in Pittsburgh he is a guy who put due diligence towards every opportunity and task he was given. He has a wealth of knowledge, a good feel for people and a good eye for talent.

“I think when you talk about people that earn the opportunity to advance and earn the opportunity to have more responsibility that Doug is a guy who has proven along the way at every step that he can equal the challenge and then surpass it. It does not surprise me that he has been named General Manager.”

Sounds like two men who have the ability to work well together with the same mentality and get along. I truly believe that when Ryan is fired Cowher will be one of the targets Pegula goes after. I for one am all for it. The guy can coach. It will be a breath of fresh air for this city and franchise, regardless of how long he's been out.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/bill-cowher/

Bolded for clarity. It was always him that needed re-inventing, not his style of football. You can win playing the way he wants to play. But I believe that as a person/leader/head coach, he's lacking the kind of organization/focus needed to get that horse power to the rear tires. Something's missing, but it's not tactical.

Wow dude. 67% of 2016's 200 yard rushers beg to differ. His defense is a Model T Ford.

I go back to the Jauron days. Earlier somebody reposted a column after the 2009 6-3 loss to the Browns. Thinking back on those rosters...Jesus.

We are lightyears from having rosters as woeful as those. I think the bar is very much higher--as evident by being on the doorstep of three consecutive non-losing seasons for the first time since the drought began, and still being pissed and displeased with what happens on Sundays. Baby steps, to be sure. Just think back to 2006-11 and realize how far we've come. We're not that far off.

My brother.

I'm with you 100%. If we win 2 out of last 3 it will mean we haven't had a losing season since 2013. Think about that for a minute. Sure we want better. But we're trending upward and are getting close. We're pretty much where the Saints were before Brees and the Seahawks before Wilson. Sometimes a team hangs around .500 for a few years before breaking through. There are other ways to get a QB than a high draft pick. Arizona had had success with washed up has been twice. Warren and Palmer.

And yeah our talent is Miles ahead of the personal 7-9 and 6-10 teams.

Reload, not rebuild. Stay the course for one more year.

The new exalted coach if Rex is fired will be our 4th in 6 years and 5th in 8. A true blueprint for success.

Huh? Whaley has picked no HCs in his Bills' tenure where he made the call to hire or not.

People just will not get this through their head. He picked the head coach and then said you don't report to me I'm assigning you to the owners? I mean it's just gone bonkers at TBD.

Edited by Triple Threat

I'm ready to move on from Taylor as I think most of us that are fair minded see what he is. He's a QB that has elite mobility, makes some plays with his feet no other QB in the league does. He doesn't pre or post snap read defenses well and his height looks like it really limits him. He's a one read and get out of the pocket kind of guy but doesn't do crazy things with turning the ball over once he begins his exit from the pocket. So he is not a QB to carry a team.

In saying that with a Schwartz type Buffalo defense it's reasonable to see him being a 10-11 game winner and most likely lose in the playoffs early.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

Schefter's reporting that people believe Rex might be fired.

Yeah, that's concrete.

Hearing Cowher bantered about just makes me laugh. This will be the 6th coaching search where the fanbase wants him and some actually think he'll consider coming out of retirement to coach the Bills. It is not happening my friends and I for one don't want a coach that's been out of the game a decade taking the reigns.

Yeah ok. No fan or reporter knows that, period.

We actually do. Period. Whaley composed the list of coaches he considered for the job, and gave that to Pegs. Rex was on the list. Rex got hired. Whaley and him were "finishing each other's sentences." Maybe now, Doug and his fanbase are trying to convince the world he hated the Rex hire secretly, but that sure wasn't the case 2 years ago.