Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of BS flying around in all directions re Rex. People are so quick to want to break a story that hasnt developed yet.

I just get the feeling the Pegs interest in Coughlin is real and legit...And to a point I think it's logical because a Coughlin hire is obviously not a re-build move...It's a move that says ownership believes that Rex did not get the most of the talent he was given...And probably indicates they were not happy with the game plans and game day coaching, especially against the better teams they faced, since he got here...

But...Whether or not they can pull it off to the satisfaction of everyone concerned is the main issue...Plus, I'm sure Coughlin will want to talk to others as well...

I think the Pegs will move on this only if they are 100% convinced they can do better than Rex...I also think many of the reports have to do with folks inside OBD knowing their interest in Coughlin...But if they can't convince Coughlin to come, as much as I'm not a Rex fan, I do admit they could do worse...So I think that's why it seems like a lot of BS just flying around...There are a ton of puzzle pieces being moved around right now, and a few different potential outcomes and quite a few jobs possibly on the line...So it seems like chaos... B-)

I just get the feeling the Pegs interest in Coughlin is real and legit...And to a point I think it's logical because a Coughlin hire is obviously not a re-build move...It's a move that says ownership believes that Rex did not get the most of the talent he was given...And probably indicates they were not happy with the game plans and game day coaching, especially against the better teams they faced, since he got here...

But...Whether or not they can pull it off to the satisfaction of everyone concerned is the main issue...Plus, I'm sure Coughlin will want to talk to others as well...

I think the Pegs will move on this only if they are 100% convinced they can do better than Rex...I also think many of the reports have to do with folks inside OBD knowing their interest in Coughlin...But if they can't convince Coughlin to come, as much as I'm not a Rex fan, I do admit they could do worse...So I think that's why it seems like a lot of BS just flying around...There are a ton of puzzle pieces being moved around right now, and a few different potential outcomes and quite a few jobs possibly on the line...So it seems like chaos... B-)

Missed the playoffs in his last four seasons with the NYG. No thanks!

@StillTalkinTV

Latest ESPN report has Bills possibly keeping Rex with 2 wins and inability to hire someone they want. Seems to be a lot of guess work.

To me this makes sense.....dont just change coaches for the sake of making a change. The idea is to get BETTER.

I think if we go 9-7 everyone comes back.

But even then I want to know how this D gets better next year.......I am starting to REALLY hate Rex D

To me this makes sense.....dont just change coaches for the sake of making a change. The idea is to get BETTER.

I think if we go 9-7 everyone comes back.

But even then I want to know how this D gets better next year.......I am starting to REALLY hate Rex D

I think Rex has Gregg Williams syndrome in that he's married to his scheme vs developing a scheme that fits the talent on this roster. As one thing I will give Wade Phillips credit for is when we learned that Ted Washington and Pat Williams together could make a scary defense he was okay with moving from a 43 base vs a 34. Whereas Gregg and Rex seem hell bent on trying to make a hybrid 46 defense work but it won't without an elite cover CB like Revis in his prime.

Missed the playoffs in his last four seasons with the NYG. No thanks!

Well...The whole point here is it's not you or me making the decision right? Then we would be in serious trouble!!! :lol:

Purely JMO...But I'd take Coughlin over Rex in a heartbeat because I think Coughlin is a better Head Football Coach...That does not mean he's going to end the streak...I would not make that prediction because there are way too many variables...I just think he's better than Rex...And I think it's fair to assume the Pegs believe the same...

I just can't get over Rex's inability to right the ship on Defense...I promise if the Offense was our only problem I would be behind Rex because I genuinely like the guy...I love the way he embraced Buffalo...But when you're a self-proclaimed defensive genius, and this is the best you can do, I just can't...

On a side note hope you have a Happy Holiday Season 26!!! B-)

Well...The whole point here is it's not you or me making the decision right? Then we would be in serious trouble!!! :lol:

Purely JMO...But I'd take Coughlin over Rex in a heartbeat because I think Coughlin is a better Head Football Coach...That does not mean he's going to end the streak...I would not make that prediction because there are way too many variables...I just think he's better than Rex...And I think it's fair to assume the Pegs believe the same...

I just can't get over Rex's inability to right the ship on Defense...I promise if the Offense was our only problem I would be behind Rex because I genuinely like the guy...I love the way he embraced Buffalo...But when you're a self-proclaimed defensive genius, and this is the best you can do, I just can't...

On a side note hope you have a Happy Holiday Season 26!!! B-)

Thanks Man. All the best to you and yours.

But but but continuity

Love the constant slam against continuity but in favor..... continuity. Firing and trying to get a QB has been continuous for 17 seasons. That's the definition of continuity. They continue to have 2-3 year plans instead of staying the course.

Fire whoever the hell you want, it will not matter ever who the coach of this team is so long as they have a mediocre QB. The over-under on wins for the Pats with any coach this team has had in the last 17 years is probably 11. Funny all the coaches fired and year all their starting QBs are where exactly? Oh not in the league anymore or career backups? Thought so. Keep banging the "Fire Rex" drum if that makes you feel better but you'll be banging the Fire "Fill in the Blank" two years from now unless that coach somehow is handed a franchise QB, not a guy who can't from because or crumble like a cupcake in a meaningful game.

And of course the response is "fire Whaley" then right? I missed it, are the Bills the only team without a franchise QB because they just seem to be the only team with a GM(s) who can't find one as they just fall out of the sky in buckets? QB is the most important position in pro sports and also the one with the lowest supply of legit quality.

The logical step is that the owners hire an outsider to come in as the President of Football Operations that oversees Whaley and Ryan. Let that trusted person over see Rex's third season and get to make the call next year and bring in his own coach and GM if he sees fit. The fact this team is owned by a family with zero experience in pro football and doesn't have someone over seeing the entire football operation is rather stunning.

Edited by zonabb