Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

Yes the old "win some meaningless games at the end of the year to do just enough to keep your job" routine. It's the Bills way.

Pegula should've cleaned house as soon as he bought the team.

The win meaningless games so you can "feel" good, but miss out on Cam Newton routine....

He most certainly should have cleaned house; he has a chance now and he best do it. Otherwise we will be here in 2 more years when the Front Office runs out of chances...

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The win meaningless games so you can "feel" good, but miss out on Cam Newton routine....

He most certainly should have cleaned house; he has a chance now and he best do it. Otherwise we will be here in 2 more years when the Front Office runs out of chances...

You know we would've run Cam out of town given those outfits he's keen to wear.

@legerdouzable

There shouldn't even be a discussion about firing Rex, again how do you talk about firing a guy that's in the playoff hunt.

They have a chance to make the playoffs like I have a chance to bang Kate Upton just because she and I are both still alive.

It is good to have you aboard. I have to admit, I feel less lonely. :D

Yes, welcome aboard.

If Rex is back--and I'm thinking more and more that he will be (so will Whaley, Russ, Dennis Thurman and pretty much everyone whose job that a portion of the fanbase wants on a pike)--they're going to go hard after a veteran QB while scouring the draft for another guy to develop. And I think they'll keep drafting a developmental guy until the veteran's wheels fall off, or until the young guy is ready to take over, whichever comes first.

But, the gang will return if they win out, and 2017 will be the offseason of the QB.

These guys are clueless.

They got their doors blown off the two weeks prior to beating the Browns into oblivion.

They should scour for a defensive coordinator too.

Exactly, what do Shady, Wood, Incognito, Douz etc. know about what is actually going on at OBD.

They should be taking their cues from the pitchfork crowd here and in the media.

If Rex is back--and I'm thinking more and more that he will be (so will Whaley, Russ, Dennis Thurman and pretty much everyone whose job that a portion of the fanbase wants on a pike)--they're going to go hard after a veteran QB while scouring the draft for another guy to develop. And I think they'll keep drafting a developmental guy until the veteran's wheels fall off, or until the young guy is ready to take over, whichever comes first.

But, the gang will return if they win out, and 2017 will be the offseason of the QB.

:thumbsup:

Unless the team finds some way to lose the next 2 games, I would have to imagine Rex is back. I don't see how you can allow one coach to walk after a 9-7 season because of a poorly written contract, then get away with firing the next guy in just 2 years where he goes 8-8 and 8-8/9-7.

If the ones who make the decisions wanted Rex fired, it would have been done after the Steelers game when we would have looked bad back to back weeks and you could allow Lynn or whoever to go 3-0/2-1 and have "feel good" vibes going into next offseason.

Lots of coaches across the major sports leagues have been fired after having successful seasons record wise.

In the NFL, Tony Dungy, Marty Schottenheimer and Hue Jackson come to mind.

Hell, Schottenheimer went 14-2 and still got fired.

Edited by dpberr

Let's look at who the Bills have been this season:

Cardinals

Injured Jacoby Brissett-led Patriots

Rams

49ers

Jaguars

Bengals

Browns

The Bills are what they are are, a mediocre team who is barely alive in the playoff race and has shown it cannot beat good teams or teams are at a similar level( Pats w/ Brady, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Seahawks). Keep Rex is essentially admitting we are find being a 8-8 or 9-7 as long as beat bad teams and hopefully get lucky beating an elite team someday. There is no positive way to spin bringing back the Rex and Tyrod combo back another season, it just gonna to lead to more mediocrity and bloviating from Rex.

Exactly, what do Shady, Wood, Incognito, Douz etc. know about what is actually going on at OBD.

They should be taking their cues from the pitchfork crowd here and in the media.

They know exactly what happened on the field, and the kind of performance they put out with the season and Rex on the line. Douzable should look in a mirror.

Let's look at who the Bills have been this season:

Cardinals

Injured Jacoby Brissett-led Patriots

Rams

49ers

Jaguars

Bengals

Browns

The Bills are what they are are, a mediocre team who is barely alive in the playoff race and has shown it cannot beat good teams or teams are at a similar level( Pats w/ Brady, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers, Raiders, Seahawks). Keep Rex is essentially admitting we are find being a 8-8 or 9-7 as long as beat bad teams and hopefully get lucky beating an elite team someday. There is no positive way to spin bringing back the Rex and Tyrod combo back another season, it just gonna to lead to more mediocrity and bloviating from Rex.

Agreed... :thumbsup:

What about the defense.....can we have a defense to?

You have to be able to bring in an upgrade. My feelings have been that everyone must go if you decide to pull the plug on Rex. You simply cannot fire him and keep the FO and be able to bring in an upgrade. Lynn is not really an upgrade...

We don't know what Lynn would be; him or anyone else that has no head coaching track record. Getting rid of Rex, which I advocate, could be a disaster. Then again, Lynn or some other option could be the next great coach.