Adam Schefter: Rex Ryan to be fired end of season

Yeezus

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually firing Rex would be the your definition of stupidity. Swapping coaches every couple of years had been the constant in the drought.

And, as Peter said, what quality coach will come here with no QB after we hired a respected coach and **** can him after 2 years? This after the coach before him quit after 2years.

If we go with your anti-stupidity plan, we will have had 4coaches in the last 6 years and 5 in the last 8. Sounds like more of the same to me.

The only way Rex should go is if it is a full house cleaning...

The only way Rex should go is if it is a full house cleaning...

Are they conjoined? They all have their own strengths and weaknesses, and should be judged accordingly. Guys got cut from the Bulls when Jordan was there, but he survived. We may not have a Jordan, but we have some good people.

Are they conjoined? They all have their own strengths and weaknesses, and should be judged accordingly. Guys got cut from the Bulls when Jordan was there, but he survived. We may not have a Jordan, but we have some good people.

They sure are. I'm not a huge Rex fan, but you don't make this move unless you can upgrade the coach. I really don't think you can upgrade the coach if you can Rex after 2 seasons and keep this front office in place; especially with the history out there now of Whaley not getting along with the last 2 HCs.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Team leader Eric Wood on Rex Ryan:

"I'm a Rex guy. I like Rex a lot. I like him as a coach. I think he's a great leader," Wood said. "I know it doesn't feel like it all the time, but we're so freaking close."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-c-wood-backs-rex-ryan-relaying-message-ownership

Eric Wood sounds very much like Joe Thomas of the Browns. They've both played so long for the two sh!tiest franchises in the league...they just sound delusional. Thomas recently said something to the effect that he wanted to remain a Brown because he wanted to be there when the franchise turned the corner. Fat chance of that happening any time soon. Maybe if Thomas plays to age 50.

Wood sounds like every player who spoke so glowingly of Dick Jauron. It's the same line of crap! He sounds like Frank Sinatra's character in "The Manchurian Candidate"- repeating the same line of b.s.- praising someone who he knows isn't worthy of any praise whatsoever. These players have been brainwashed by mediocrity.

Seriously.

These guys come out and get outclassed against the Raiders and Steelers in must win games and then preach they love Rex and he needs to stay. Loser mentality.

Again, I will stand with Shady, Wood, Incognito et al (who are standing with Rex) while you, some of the guys on this board, and TBN storm the Bastille with your pitchforks.

Again, I will stand with Shady, Wood, Incognito et al (who are standing with Rex) while you, some of the guys on this board, and TBN storm the Bastille with your pitchforks.

Bold move, but don't forget the torches!

The third year will tell all we need to know.

(I'm ashamed to succumb to more Rex, but....)

So if Rex were to do what fans are asking for now of just giving control of the defence to another DC, what exactly is Rex going to do and why keep him? His big selling point and the reason for him saying in a HC position has always been that he is a defensive guru with his great defence, now he is going to let someone else come in and run their defence? It's not like Rex has been known for running a well prepared, disciplined team that makes good choices. If you want a new DC or scheme, Rex has to go too

For those who argue continuity or not wanting to start over with another rebuild, you don't have to if they fire Rex,they just need to find and hire someone that knows how to use the talent they have and make it work. And this idea that no one good will come here cause they only gave Rex 2 years, all they have to do now watch what the team looked like with Rex running it and it most people would see it as realizing their mistakes and cutting ties before more damage is done....

It was just so friggin stupid to hire a coach who would definitely be changing our defensive system. We FINALLY had a quality marriage of scheme and personnel, and we proceed to hire a coach who would require different personnel to run his scheme. As unprofessional as Mario was, I can see why he was like wtf and just lost heart in what the Bills were doing.

Imo it wasn't even the fact that it was Rex Ryan in particular--any 3-4 coach or non 4-3 coach was going to set this team back. Absolute stupidest decision. We had our guy. Just promote Scwhartz and add some weapons to the offense--which we did--and we probably go 11-5 or 12-4 last year and this year. The Rex hire was almost as bad as extending Jauron for that last year.

I agree 100%

Interesting. So it sounds like Whaley wasnt involved in the hire but now had the support to do the firing. Also find it odd that Rex had no input on players Whaley brought in but had a few of his old players signed.

Rex was very vocal that he wanted Tyrod and he got him. He's had some pull with Whaley.

I agree. One more year for Rex. Have him rebuild his staff. No more "his guys." Bring in new blood and ideas. I want to see what they can do with a healthy team.

Chances are, if you asked him to rebuild his staff, he'll balk and then walk. That would take care of the public relations of firing another coach.

I'm guessing this will never, ever, ever, ever happen with Rex...He'd sooner chop a finger off then give up control of the Defense...I think hell freezing over is more likely...

And if he was forced to do so it would be disastrous...More disastrous than it already is...Rex's ego could never handle it and he would cause problems for the new guy...

I just really doubt this will happen... B-)

I think so as well. Dennis Thurman is a perfect example. Our Defense is weak, yet no one is calling him out because of Rex..

I think so as well. Dennis Thurman is a perfect example. Our Defense is weak, yet no one is calling him out because of Rex..

Thurman's job is holding a clipboard and Rob Ryan's Little Debbie snack cakes.

Seems everyone wants to change things. Then I would say blow it all up from the top down and start over. That would make for a more interesting off season I guess. But that tanks the next few years.

That Browns season is sooooo interesting. <_<

Unless the team finds some way to lose the next 2 games, I would have to imagine Rex is back. I don't see how you can allow one coach to walk after a 9-7 season because of a poorly written contract, then get away with firing the next guy in just 2 years where he goes 8-8 and 8-8/9-7.

If the ones who make the decisions wanted Rex fired, it would have been done after the Steelers game when we would have looked bad back to back weeks and you could allow Lynn or whoever to go 3-0/2-1 and have "feel good" vibes going into next offseason.