Yeezus

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels dirty, but Sully has some good points as well:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/16/fans-direct-ire-toward-top/

<snip>

If the Pegulas trust Brandon and Whaley to deliver another head coach, they deserve to fail. Pegula's instincts were right when he looked for a veteran outside football man to help lead the Bills in a new direction. But when he lost Polian, he took the lazy way out, and he's back where he started.

<snip>

favorable to the GM's side in a crisis.

Sully is absolutely right, this is exactly what Pegs deserves. And to all those who are happy with the job Brandon and Whaley have done, this **** show is exactly what you deserve as well.

I still have faith that Pegs will eventually wake up and do the right thing, he will just have to learn the hard way.

Joe Gibbs

Bill Parcells

George Allen

Marty Schottenheimer

Bill Cowher (pre-Roethlisberger)

Bud Grant (pre-Tarkenton)

George Halas

I know you were just responding to the post, but 3 of those guys practically pre-dated the forward pass. You almost didn't need a great QB when a winning formula was "3 yds and a cloud of dust".

And unfortunately I think Rex is the type that peaks early and won't build that 5-10 year empire... yea, like with the jets but not just because of that. I think his schtick wears out, he requires a lot in place and he lacks the formality to really architect something that big. He's the type that excites guys out of the gate.

I think it's even deeper than that. He is a guy who wants to win, but needs to win his way, meaning with his defensive system. I don't think he can humble himself enough to truly change up if it's not working. Will he tweak it, scale back a bit? Sure. But eventually we get back to guys running on and off the field when the ball is snapped. Why don't they know who is supposed to be on the field in certain situations at this point in his tenure? No excuse.

No retread coaches, no long term assistants getting a chance and no college coaches please. The Bills need a new young hot coach if they can Rex.

A hot young coach has usually been an assistant for some time or a college coach who has done something innovative or exciting during his tenure.

I certainly was hoping for a better record and better defense.

This is where it begins and ends with me and Rex...The Defense...It's his baby...He stood up and promised excellence...I'm really not the type to kill a guy for falling a little short...I swear I'm not...But truth is the D has fallen woefully short of anything resembling excellence...

I really feel the game has passed Rex's Defense by...I think the final proof is how much Rob's Defenses have struggled on other teams recently with completely different personnel...NFL Offenses have caught up...

And if Rex can't bring Defensive excellence, then what good is he really? Fun press conferences? I really think the Bills can do better than Rex Ryan...I think it sucks that we're in this position...This is not a fun time...Even though I was not a fan of the hire I understand how this is a decision no one wanted to have to make after only 2 years...And I can see why some folks want to keep him for continuities sake...But I doubt it gets better from here with that guy...I just don't think that he's good enough anymore... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Yikes. On paper Whaley has done some decent things. Three coaches in how many seasons? That is not great. Even if he wasn't a major part of the Gailey and Marrone process. Gailey was more Nix and Brandon and Marrone was joint Nix, Brandon and Whaley

I'm sorry, but FO cleaning should commence. Let Terry finally pick his guys and build a quality foundation finally for this team.

Wasn't it the Pegula's who wanted Rex? I remember it being reported that Whaley had another coach in mind, but when Rex interviewed he wowed the Pegula's.

Wasn't it the Pegula's who wanted Rex? I remember it being reported that Whaley had another coach in mind, but when Rex interviewed he wowed the Pegula's.

Pegs said himself that he didn't know what he was doing. He leaned on the experts he employs, and their advice was: "You'll know him when you see him."

If hiring Rex was a big mistake, at least Pegs can keep the same gaggle that served the above vapidity to him on that last trip down the slide.

Rex >>>>> Greggo Marrone

I know you passionately hated Marrone but his team's played hard. He, like Jauron, gets a bum rap for the results he produced. I realize I am probably the last semi-supporter left but Ryan for all his bluster has produced less.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I know you passionately hated Marrone but his team's played hard. He, like Jauron, gets a bum rap for the results he produced. I realize I am probably the last semi-supporter left but Ryan for all his bluster has produced less.

Marrone was 6-10 and a fake 9-7. Nothing great about his results. He was supposed to be an OL guru who was going to be innovative. Instead, he was the run of the mill, conservative coach who was far too passive with games on the line. Add in the inflated ego, he was not the right guy.

I have my pitchfork out for Rex just like everyone else but you really need to go back and watch some more Marrone footage......

The OL play seriously regressed under Marrone and he is a friggen offensive linmen......in a way Rex and Marrone have the same issues but on opposite sides of the ball

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18277690/nfl-2016-adam-schefter-chris-mortensen-week-15-notebook-leveon-bell-future-pittsburgh-steelers

there it is.

Says Whaley most likely staying. I'm for a full house cleaning and Whaley has been nothing more than underwhelming here. But if he can find the right coach/QB than by all means go for it.

What an awful hire this was. We were right on the verge of becoming a quality team, Rex legit set this team back 3+ years.

Right...because 8-8 and likely 9-7 are such terrible records it's going to take a new coach 3 years to be able to win...Lmao...the stuff people come up with

And unfortunately I think Rex is the type that peaks early and won't build that 5-10 year empire... yea, like with the jets but not just because of that. I think his schtick wears out, he requires a lot in place and he lacks the formality to really architect something that big. He's the type that excites guys out of the gate.

Most likely correct

Hearing Cowher bantered about just makes me laugh. This will be the 6th coaching search where the fanbase wants him and some actually think he'll consider coming out of retirement to coach the Bills. It is not happening my friends and I for one don't want a coach that's been out of the game a decade taking the reigns.

Last time we tried to hire him he Recommended Chan Gailey. I wonder who he will recommend this time?

Schefter's reporting that people believe Rex might be fired.

Yeah, that's concrete.

Twitter is the tail that wags the dog.

Schwartz's teams in Detroit were even more undisciplined than Rex's. May be a good fit however. They also we're pretty good at finding new ways to lose.

It was all Megatron's fault , hogging the ball all the time B-)

do you mean undisciplined on or off the field?

All I know is our defense was great under Schwartz. It's just Hughes is a bonehead regardless of coach.