Pick your next GM HC, and biggest offseason acquisition

Virgil

Why am I not surprised. It's always to say you want better without giving examples.

Because I have given example and example and example for the past 6 weeks.

But no everyone here is adamant TT will be so freaking hard to replace

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC - Josh McDaniels

QB - Pat Mahomes

Biggest Move - I don't think we bring in any marquee players, but I can see us getting a guy like Michael Floyd and drafting another WR like Williams or Davis. I also could see us pulling Vollmer away from the Pats if McDaniels comes over. I think they fix the OL in FA.

What about coughlin,too old? Wasnt he hanging around buffalo before

He could be team disciplinarian... restore order

This is a great topic. I dont know the answers myself but i like it. What about cordarelle Patterson as the number 2 or 3?

1) Todd Haley makes a lot of sense. He might keep A Lynn since they're close and have history. Not sure I'd like the choice though. This may not be a sexy pick, but I think Mike Smith makes some sense here.

2) Again, I don't like this, but I think the Bills are going to get Cutler as a one year bridge to Cardale. Backup plan will be Nick Foles.

3) Ryan Schraeder RT.

Edited by somnus00

Mike Smith would be in the mix I think - stellar first 5 year in Atlanta and supposedly really impressed on the interview circuit last year (notably with the Giants). Not a sexy pick at all and I do wonder about how quickly things spiralled out of control with the Falcons but he has turned round that Tampa defense and I think he will get a lot of looks this hiring season.

Mike Smith would be in the mix I think - stellar first 5 year in Atlanta and supposedly really impressed on the interview circuit last year (notably with the Giants). Not a sexy pick at all and I do wonder about how quickly things spiralled out of control with the Falcons but he has turned round that Tampa defense and I think he will get a lot of looks this hiring season.

I could see Mike Smith or John Fox, I think sending our first pick to the Cheatriots for Garoppalo possibly

Jim Bob Cooter

Tony Romo

Mike Williams (because Corey Davis will be gone)

Lions would be foolish to let Cooter out the door. I'd do him Coughlin style and promote that OC, bold move though after a nice season under Caldwell. Coughlin/McAdoo was a bit easier. Cooter has to be the number one target for anyone needing a coach.

Assuming we start fresh with a new FO.

1 - Patricia

2 - Cardale

3 - Probably Floyd... I don't see us going after any big time guys. This is essentially our QBs rookie year, and typically you don't see a ton of success on the W-L front. Dak is an anomaly, but Winston and Mariota have seemed to come along a bit. Wentz and Goff have definitely struggled though.

If the best your talented team can do is basically 8-8, then you probably need to develop some younger talent. Roster's flawed and old. Mix in a good bunch of rookies this year and let some people walk. Go after cap casualties to add some comp picks.

First of all, I still think the plan is likely Rex & Tyrod. But assuming that's off the table for this exercise:

1) Kyle Shanahan. He runs an offense predicated on the run game and it has worked very well. His offense led to a winning record in Cleveland with Hoyer at QB, and now look at Atlanta this year for how it works with more talent.

2) Ryan Mallett(UFA) or AJ McCarron (Trade), Brian Hoyer, Cardale Jones. Mallett is a big guy with a big arm who I believe Kyle could hide behind a superb play-action game, McCarron looked competent enough in limited action last year. Hoyer had success in Shanahan's offense in Cleveland with much less talent than we have, safe bet outside of injury risks. Cardale will be here developing, and on his short run to the national championship he thrived in an offense predicated on play action, a serious run threat, and big plays down the field.

3) Eric Berry would be a lovely acquisition.