Pick your next GM HC, and biggest offseason acquisition

Virgil

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Todd Haley. Can work with out offense as is without skipping much of a beat. Doesn't matter to me who he bring in as defensive coordinator. A simpler defense would make this team better, IMO.

2 - Tyrod Taylor. I think he's cheap enough and better than other options. It's the head coach's call though. I don't personally see a good QB to draft and Romo is too brittle. I think TT is our best option, doesn't mean I'm sold on him.

3 - Alshon Jeffrey. I resperve the right to change my mind, but I don't want to wait for a rookie WR to develope and we need someone opposite Sammy and a backup for his foot.

None of this matters without addressing the GM position FIRST!

1 - Todd Haley. Can work with out offense as is without skipping much of a beat. Doesn't matter to me who he bring in as defensive coordinator. A simpler defense would make this team better, IMO.

2 - Tyrod Taylor. I think he's cheap enough and better than other options. It's the head coach's call though. I don't personally see a good QB to draft and Romo is too brittle. I think TT is our best option, doesn't mean I'm sold on him.

3 - Alshon Jeffrey. I resperve the right to change my mind, but I don't want to wait for a rookie WR to develope and we need someone opposite Sammy and a backup for his foot.

I actually think these three are spot-on. Although Jeffrey will likely be too expensive. I think the biggest off-season FA pickup will be resigning Gilmore and/or Woods, and perhaps a DL or OL. We likely get a vet QB to challenge TT, Jones and Draft Pick for the starter spot. My guess is it will not be Romo (he will go to Denver) but likely Cutler.

David Shaw

Kirk Cousins

And cousins is my big acquisition

:thumbsup:

PJ Fleck,

Cardale (if he doesn't pan out it will result in high draft pick following year)

Eric Berry

I'm a big Fleck fan but not sure how he would do in the pros, although he played and then coached one year in the NFL so it's not like he has never been around the league.

Maybe we can get the North Dakota St. coach, they run a pro system over there and knows how to win with not the greatest talent.