CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm listening to Chris Brown, aka the mouthpiece of the team, on wgr and he's making it sound like Rex is dead man walking. So now you know it's over.

He is actually way more honest and open to criticising than Murph..who I never listen to. I usually listen first hour of GR on my run before lunch time, will look for this segment now and listen.

I have a question on the Rooney rule:

If we fire Rex and make Lynn the interm coach, would his end of season exit interview be considered as qualifying for the rule?

I tend to believe it's Coughlin, he'd qualify as a big name and he's certainly been linked to the team before. I hope he has it in him still, he's certainly on his last legs as a coach.

If Chennelly says Rex and Tyrod are out, then they are out.

He rarely tweets about inside news unless he knows.

All it takes for TT to be back in is an injury that takes 4 months to recover from. No idea why they'd let him play in any more games.

I'm listening to Chris Brown, aka the mouthpiece of the team, on wgr and he's making it sound like Rex is dead man walking. So now you know it's over.

I noticed Murphy and Jones were also kind of somber about it which screams. Usually they would be putting out fires caller after caller with 'continuity' talk

All it takes for TT to be back in is an injury that takes 4 months to recover from. No idea why they'd let him play in any more games.

And that's the kicker for me about that contract. Same with Dareus. They are putting in clauses for these players to basically pay them no matter what.

And that's the kicker for me about that contract. Same with Dareus. They are putting in clauses for these players to basically pay them no matter what.

I understand the clause when it comes to TT (though not the Dareus one.) TT wasn't going to sign a deal that paid him little up front and had a team option for future years without some sort of security for himself tied into it. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is once it's apparent that he is not the guy that they keep trotting him out there. Put the guy in bubble wrap.

I understand the clause when it comes to TT (though not the Dareus one.) TT wasn't going to sign a deal that paid him little up front and had a team option for future years without some sort of security for himself tied into it. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is once it's apparent that he is not the guy that they keep trotting him out there. Put the guy in bubble wrap.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, BUT ... who's to say Rex wouldn't tell Tyrod - "hey, man, we both know we're toast. I will start you vs. Cleveland. if you - just so happen to - get hurt, you give me a piece of that large pie the Bills will be on the hook for. You in? Because if you're not, I'm starting someone else."

I'm no conspiracy theorist, BUT ... who's to say Rex wouldn't tell Tyrod - "hey, man, we both know we're toast. I will start you vs. Cleveland. if you - just so happen to - get hurt, you give me a piece of that large pie the Bills will be on the hook for. You in? Because if you're not, I'm starting someone else."

Sounds more like you're drunk.

On the flip side with Chris Brown, he's really pumping up Whaley so I'm expecting that he stays. Which also matches everything else we've heard.

If that rumor is true, there is no way Taylor plays the rest of the season.

its not a rumor if you are referring to him getting paid the guaranteed money in case of injury.

On the flip side with Chris Brown, he's really pumping up Whaley so I'm expecting that he stays.

Barring unforeseen events, Doug Whaley is not in any danger of losing his job any time soon.

Rex, on the other hand........

Edited by Simon

I think the better conspiracy theory is ...Tyrod, go in and get good and busted up, you get the $27M and set you and family up for generations...plus guarantees you and me are back next year!

I will be the coach, cause Pegs will know he can't find a better alternative willing to take on a team committed to you as the #1 QB option...which will happen once your guarantee kicks in with a 4 month injury!

And cause i the coach, i will guarantee you the starting job!

Edited by plenzmd1

On the flip side with Chris Brown, he's really pumping up Whaley so I'm expecting that he stays. Which also matches everything else we've heard.its not a rumor if you are referring to him getting paid the guaranteed money in case of injury.

I was referring to the Ryan firing rumor and that they've already made a determination on tyrod. If that is true, playing him with even the slightest risk of injury is reckless.

There is a greater chance that tyrod gets a significant injury than us making the playoffs.

I was referring to the Ryan firing rumor and that they've already made a determination on tyrod. If that is true, playing him with even the slightest risk of injury is reckless.

There is a greater chance that tyrod gets a significant injury than us making the playoffs.

i agree that the chances are higher on the injury. I have to think that the slight playoff chance and lack of a viable QB behind him who they think gives them a better chance to win is why they are putting him back out there. And I think the players wants Tyrod, at least until they are eliminated. It's a week to week thing IMO.

So where is the info regarding Rex being fired and TT benched coming from? Apparently its news to Rex and TT.

I know its commonly done in the industry to leak a report and then the same source denies the report. Who does everyone think this "source" is? Apparently Pegula never considered firing Rex during the season either.

Could it be that they havent made a determination on TT? I agree with you regarding the injury bit. Logically, if the "franchise" (whaley) made a determination on TT playing him with that clause in his contract would instantly cripple the Bills (assuming they dont want TT) and probably get Wnaley fired instantly.

The more logical explanation is that aside from the fans losing their proverbial ****, whaley & co still want to see the season through before making a determination, or the decision to KEEP TT has already been made. Whether you think thats right or wrong is another debate altogether.

Edited by bobobonators

So where is the info regarding Rex being fired and TT benched coming from? Apparently its news to Rex and TT.

I know its commonly done in the industry to leak a report and then the same source denies the report. Who does everyone think this "source" is? Apparently Pegula never considered firing Rex during the season either.

I would be willing to wager a large amount of cash that Rex is not coaching the Bills in 2017; TT may hang on! And though I'm not a fly on the wall at OBD, I'm fairly positive discussions have occurred regarding the pro and con of firing Rex before the last game.

I would be willing to wager a large amount of cash that Rex is not coaching the Bills in 2017; TT may hang on! And though I'm not a fly on the wall at OBD, I'm fairly positive discussions have occurred regarding the pro and con of firing Rex before the last game.

I'm sure the discussions have occurred.

I'm just thinking out loud here, so it may not come off extremely coherent:

If the decision to not pick up the option on TT has already been made (as many apparently believe it has), then why in the world would the Bills start TT vs. the Browns/final 3 weeks. It makes absolutely zero sense (for reasons already discussed)

EJ is a Whaley pick. For Whaley, what better opportunity to just let EJ start the final 3 games vs. complete garbage teams without running the risk of TT getting injured and the Bills being on the hook next season for the $$$.

Furthermore, with the Bills benching TT, it publicly makes Whaley look that much better for the following reasons: It has been reported/alluded to that Rex wasn't a Whaley choice. Rex brought TT here from his time in Baltimore. TT's benching would further undermine Rex (he already used Roman as a scapegoat) and the firing of Rex and finger pointing by Whaley towards Rex at the end of the season would be that more justifiable.

The entire situation seems odd and doesn't make much sense. Maybe the franchise truly has zero intention of firing Rex? Maybe the Bills have made their decision to pick up the option on TT regardless of how the season plays out? Or Maybe the Bills are simply waiting until they're "officially" eliminated from the playoffs to clean house? I have no clue. There are plenty of mixed messages right now coming from OBD.