CBS: Rex could be fired, TT benched Monday with loss

NoSaint

Well...Not trying to cherry pick your point...But I'm not sure a 3rd string injured rookie QB can be considered about equal to Tyrod...Even as bad as Tyrod can play at times...The Pats had nothing at QB that day...They literally gave up on that game in the 4th quarter because of it... B-)

How about this:

A whole hell of a lot more equal than it typically is when Brady is playing.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's not unusual that so many Bills fans bought into that story about Rex Ryan getting fired after the Steelers game on Monday if the Bills are blown out. And that TT will be benched and Cardale Jones will start the last three games.

Then, kinda strange that the Bills call for a press conference at 4:40 just to announce that TT is still the starting QB. Anyone else it was unusual that Kim Pegula is on twitter at around that very same time wanting Bills fans input into the assumed firing of Rex and the benching of TT?

If someone at OBD leaked this story to the press they really screwed the team because it looked like the players all bought into it as the entire team seemed to lack a spark or purpose even though the team is still fighting for a playoff spot.

I think it's not unusual that so many Bills fans bought into that story about Rex Ryan getting fired after the Steelers game on Monday if the Bills are blown out. And that TT will be benched and Cardale Jones will start the last three games.

Then, kinda strange that the Bills call for a press conference at 4:40 just to announce that TT is still the starting QB. Anyone else it was unusual that Kim Pegula is on twitter at around that very same time wanting Bills fans input into the assumed firing of Rex and the benching of TT?

If someone at OBD leaked this story to the press they really screwed the team because it looked like the players all bought into it as the entire team seemed to lack a spark or purpose even though the team is still fighting for a playoff spot.

Agreed.

There is always the possibility that Jason La Canfora was making it up or playing fast and loose with the facts (he seems to have an agenda against Rex).

Nevertheless, if the supposed source for him (or Vic or Tim Graham) re Rex is someone from the front office, that person needs to be immediately fired with extreme prejudice (if the Bills ever determine who it is).

All this BS about Rex being on the hot seat (ever since Vic's initial article way back up until La Canfora's hit job minutes before kickoff this past Sunday) has really hurt the team and has torn apart the fan base. Whoever this person may be is selfish and only looking out for himself at the expense of the team.

Edited by Peter

Agreed.

There is always the possibility that Jason La Canfora was making it up or playing fast and loose with the facts (he seems to have an agenda against Rex).

Nevertheless, if the supposed source for him (or Vic or Tim Graham) re Rex is someone from the front office, that person needs to be immediately fired with extreme prejudice (if the Bills ever determine who it is).

All this BS about Rex being on the hot seat (ever since Vic's initial article way back up until La Canfora's hit job minutes before kickoff this past Sunday) has really hurt the team and has torn apart the fan base. Whoever this person may be is selfish and only looking out for himself at the expense of the team.

Nah, the horrific choke jobs and disgusting performances did that.

Agreed.

There seems to be a repeat offender in that front office. This garbage has been going on since Mr Wilson passed away. I have the feeling it is Brandon and/or Whaley.

Nah, the horrific choke jobs and disgusting performances did that.

I have no idea what you do for a living but if doom and gloom were circling your job or your department or your company etc., it is not exactly the recipe for success.

I have no idea what you do for a living but if doom and gloom were circling your job or your department or your company etc., it is not exactly the recipe for success.

I realize it's easy to blame a nameless, faceless informant for "tearing the team and fanbase apart," (very melodramatic, btw), but no one would care, on this team or on this board, about those reports if the Bills hold on against the Raiders. Or if they don't look like a team headed for the gallows against Pittsburgh, getting run over left and right.

I wish it was as simple as "be positive and positive things will happen," but if LaCanfora's report doesn't come out on Sunday, Zach Brown still shy's away from tackles and Bell still embarrasses us, and Rex's seat would still be hot. That's just the truth. Do you think Jerry was screaming at Rob because of Vic Carrucci, or because he's pissed at the performance on the field?

Edited by jmc12290

There seems to be a repeat offender in that front office. This garbage has been going on since Mr Wilson passed away. I have the feeling it is Brandon and/or Whaley.

You are correct. I have no idea who it is but whatever ownership decides to do, it should try to find out who this selfish person is and get rid of him.

The funny thing is that this may turn out to be a case of you better watch out what you wish for. If this person is successful in getting Rex fired, it could turn into a situation where ownership concludes why don't we get rid of everyone and start over. I am not in favor of that, but it would be funny if Deep Throat gets thrown out the door.

You are correct. I have no idea who it is but whatever ownership decides to do, it should try to find out who this selfish person is and get rid of him.

The funny thing is that this may turn out to be a case of you better watch out what you wish for. If this person is successful in getting Rex fired, it could turn into a situation where ownership concludes why don't we get rid of everyone and start over. I am not in favor of that, but it would be funny if Deep Throat gets thrown out the door.

Whoever is doing it (if it is an intentional leak) would probably be sensing that ownership is becoming impatient/unhappy with the results/ROI. Trying to drive a narrative that Rex is the one on thin ice because he is failing to utilize "superior talent" is exactly what team Whaley/Brandon would want

I realize it's easy to blame a nameless, faceless informant for "tearing the team and fanbase apart," (very melodramatic, btw), but no one would care, on this team or on this board, about those reports if the Bills hold on against the Raiders. Or if they don't look like a team headed for the gallows against Pittsburgh, getting run over left and right.

I wish it was as simple as "be positive and positive things will happen," but if LaCanfora's report doesn't come out on Sunday, Zach Brown still shy's away from tackles and Bell still embarrasses us. That's just the truth.

It is obviously more complicated than that.

Nevertheless, it is NEVER good when a coworker is scheming behind someone else's back - in any work environment.

I am not saying it is Whaley, but if it were, it would be pretty dysfunctional if the GM (or anyone else in the front office) has been scheming since Vic's initial article to undermine the head coach of the football team. That is bad in itself and probably indicative of a whole lot more bad sh*t behind the scenes (if there is in fact a leak - I do not discount the possibility that La Canfora is making stuff up or stretching what he was told - the same with certain TBN guys).

Just my two cents.

It is obviously more complicated than that.

Nevertheless, it is NEVER good when a coworker is scheming behind someone else's back - in any work environment.

I am not saying it is Whaley, but if it were, it would be pretty dysfunctional if the GM (or anyone else in the front office) has been scheming since Vic's initial article to undermine the head coach of the football team. That is bad in itself and probably indicative of a whole lot more bad sh*t behind the scenes (if there is in fact a leak - I do not discount the possibility that La Canfora is making stuff up or stretching what he was told - the same with certain TBN guys).

Just my two cents.

Probably, but leaks happen all the time in the NFL. It's no excuse.

How many different ways do I have to tell you, Whaley does not decide on whether to "keep" Rex.

Most likely, Rex is coaching to attempt to save his job, as I doubt he's been told he's done. Whaley is hoping against hope that TT shows him something in the next 3 games to warrant keeping him, thus ensuring his own job security. And Pegula is asleep but ready to can somebody if we have a losing record. I doubt he's making any decisions of who should go right now.

Im sorry man im not making myself clear. Its my fault.

It comes down to the following simplest terms for me:

Being aware of the injury clause in TT's contract, why would anyone in the Bills org (specifically Pegula) allow TT to start unless the plan is in fact to keep TT and to keep Rex.

If youre an owner, why would you potentially severely hamstring your franchise/GM next yr if TT gets injured if the plan is to fire Rex anyway and/or not retain TT? It's week 15. The owner's/mgmt's eyes have to start looking beyond this season now. Its no longer meddling in gameday decisions, it goes beyond that.

Thats what doesnt make sense to me at all, UNLESS the actual decision to keep TT has already been made as well as the decision to keep Rex. Which would then make one wonder where the heck all these stories are coming from.

Edited by bobobonators

Im sorry man im not making myself clear. Its my fault.

It comes down to the following simplest terms for me:

Being aware of the injury clause in TT's contract, why would anyone in the Bills org (specifically Pegula) allow TT to start unless the plan is in fact to keep TT and to keep Rex.

If youre an owner, why would you potentially severely hamstring your franchise/GM next yr if TT gets injured if the plan is to fire Rex anyway and/or not retain TT? It's week 15. The owner's/mgmt's eyes have to start looking beyond this season now. Its no longer meddling in gameday decisions, it goes beyond that.

Thats what doesnt make sense to me at all, UNLESS the actual decision to keep TT has already been made as well as the decision to keep Rex. Which would then make one wonder where the heck all these stories are coming from.

I think because Pegula is letting it all play out. That's my best guess. If I was an owner, I'd be doing it differently, but that's where we are.

I don't think he's decided to keep or fire Rex or TT. He may be leaning one way or another, but he will wait until the season is over and assess rather than be hasty. The risk is clear with TTs contract, but he must have weighed that against "being sure."

Edited by jmc12290

I think because Pegula is letting it all play out. That's my best guess. If I was an owner, I'd be doing it differently, but that's where we are.

I don't think he's decided to keep or fire Rex or TT. He may be leaning one way or another, but he will wait until the season is over and assess rather than be hasty. The risk is clear with TTs contract, but he must have weighed that against "being sure."

You may be right. Id say that if ownership hasnt figured out what they want to do with the HC/QB by week 15 of year 2, then thats a mistake. Or maybe they have and we're seeing their decision now. I guess we'll see soon enough.

At a very minimum these reports from the media are highly inaccurate.

They also seem to follow Rex, which is an interesting trend, don't you think?

Not really.

As I am sure you know, the Jets fired Tannenbaum (with whom Rex had a great relationship) and hired Idzik who clearly had his own agenda by all accounts.

If the Bills win the last 3 games or even go 2-1, Rex is staying IMO and I will laugh.

3 meaningless games against 2 bottom feeders and 1 wild card contender.... It would be typical Bills and I'll be so happy I'm sitting the next few years out on Bills football.

You and all of us know you wont be sitting out...literally never seen someone follow through on those proclamations of being done with this team. All they do is disappear when things are good, and come back after every loss to say I told you so. Basically transition from rooting for the team to basking in its struggles. But you wont be gone...

If the Bills win the last 3 games or even go 2-1, Rex is staying IMO and I will laugh.

3 meaningless games against 2 bottom feeders and 1 wild card contender.... It would be typical Bills and I'll be so happy I'm sitting the next few years out on Bills football.

And the wildcard 'contender' is without their starting QB, right?