Crazy off season moves that will get us in playoffs

So if Fitz can get us to the playoffs, why are Jet's 3-9? Prior to the start of the season most people picked the Jet's ahead of the Bills which tells me top down, the Jet's had a bette rmore talented team than Buffalo. Which to me means Fitz was the problem, not the answer.

OK hear me out.
Bye bye TT your just not good enough.
So where do the Bills turn for QB...
Ryan Fitzpatrick... the Jets will release him. He could be had for cheep if he still want to play. He liked the Bills and would probably like to finish his career here. I know this isn't a long term option but it could put us in the playoffs next year.
Also he will help us understand what we have in Watkins in a contract year. That's almost worth it alone. Also shady only has 1 or 2 great years left. Fits will throw picks but with our run game and a better defence with the draft and $$ we save from not keeping TT. We should have real good offence and defence. Also in this scenario I would go hard after Tryell pryor, Then a top saftey in free agency. Sign or Franchise Gilmore,Draft O-line and BPA in the draft and we would have a real strong roster. We should get extra money when Aron Williams retires(5.5mill). And if we need more we could cut E wood.I like wood but if we need extra cash Groy has shown he is serviceable.
A offence of Fits, Shady, Clay, Watkins,and Pryor..is ridiculous. We would still have a top running team and real weapons at WR with a guy that can get them the ball.
The D only needs a safety or 2 and the unit will be way stronger. O and a offence that can get first downs would help the D more than anything.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

restructure kyle to bring his cap number down from 8 mil. cut tyrod, awil, corey graham. we will have 53 mil in cap. sign zack brown to a 5 mil per deal. then sign eric berry to play safety 12 mil per, maybe trumaine johnson or another big time db. if we sign trumaine to 14 mil per. and we have about 17 mil left. then we draft a wr 1st round to compliment sammy. but qb remains the issue.

TT Vs RP -- so our options are a QB that can't find open receivers or simply won't throw it to them vs a QB that slings it far too often with bad consequences. Either way we lose.

Time for EJ!!! can't read a defense like TT and poor thrower like Fitz. We have the Fitz and TT in one person! Saves a bunch of money.

That's just crazy enough to work.....

One thing I do agree with, is that TT is not good enough for the contract extension at the end of the year. Unless he miraculously turns his game around and wins us games with his arm, I don't see it happening at all. Now don't get me wrong here, I think he has done a tremendous job running our offense in the running game, but his passing presence is god awful. As for his possible successor, I'd go after anyone other than Romo, Cutler, or Fitz. They're poison to this franchise in my opinion. Glennon is my top pick, unless we decide to address the position in the draft. If we decide to draft, we should go after McCown, or Foles. Now as for the draft, I'd rather go after a playmaking safety in round 1 like Jabril Peppers. Round 2-4 should be CB, WR, or RT. As for the QB, I really, really like Nathan Peterman out of Pitt and I think we can get him later in the draft as well.

Well it's better than giving TT the $$ and letting the roster take a step back. And I said cheep because any other option that cost $$ won't help either. With Fits it gives us a chance. Let's us stack the roster and let C Jones learn under a real QB. Like staying in the pocket, good mechanics and the back shoulder throw. It's not the blockbuster move but it might be the best real option left

Agreed 100%. Remember what Indy did in Manning's first year, kept full protect on, simple O, and let him learn and grow. Bills OL is much better than Indy's was, and Bills have a legit running game to compliment. TT isn't the answer, and is only going to break our hearts and waste our time. Unless the Bills can land a legit FA QB (not a chance) then this is the way to go.

Having said that, we're all Bills fans here, and we know exactly what's going to happen. Rexy gets another year so him and his oompa loompa brother can continue to make a small fortune out of a large one, TT will keep the reigns, because Rex has tried nothing and is all out of ideas, and the Bills will struggle to get to... oh say, 8-8 or so. Real rebuilding is still another year off. It's frustrating, but the good news is i've not watched a game in realtime in 7 weeks now because of various other obligations. I was sitting at dinner on Sunday after my son had a fundraiser activity for his school at the mall, and saw a score alert on my phone where Oakland had taken the lead. Knowing 100% how this was going to end, I accessed my DVR from my phone (yaah Directv!) and stopped the recording, then deleted the game, thus saving myself any further anguish. We came home Sunday night and instead of watching the game, we played Settlers of Catan, and my wife and I split a nice bottle of Red from my latest batch.

I have a question for the Fitz people. Are we bringing back Chan too? Fitz has proven he's even worse without Chan. Check out his years in Houston and Tennessee.

And Spiller. Just need to get him into space.

btw, what's Stevie up to these days?

Fitz is a done deal. Not even Chan can save him now, it's over for him. TT can get better (just not under this coaching staff), Cardale is not ready, and who knows if EJ would make the most of one last shot. Also have to keep in mind Rex's offensive coaching staffs don't develop quarterbacks.

Fitz is a done deal. Not even Chan can save him now, it's over for him. TT can get better (just not under this coaching staff), Cardale is not ready, and who knows if EJ would make the most of one last shot. Also have to keep in mind Rex's offensive coaching staffs don't develop quarterbacks.

I don't care for Rex as a coach. He's a poor leader who claims to be a defense coach for a team with a bad defense. As far as developing QBs that's always been one knock on him I don't understand. What has he ever had to work with at that position?

Guys the roster isn't far off. We had injuries and TT not only didn't get better he regressed. Fits with our running game and a good line.(Jets line is awfully this year) can be effective. He will only have to throw 25 times a game not 40

The problem is, sometimes you have to throw 40 times a game to win. And if you don't have a QB who can produce while throwing that much, you aren't going to the playoffs, ever.

Its simple. Stop the patriots

Make Brady disappear. You know what to do. You know...what to do. Ack ack

What are we talking exactly?

You mean like....sweep the leg?

I'd much rather play a rookie/Cardale than a retread like Hoyer or Fitz. The thought of seeing one of them play makes me sick. Just let a rookie sling it around if they decide to dump TT.

See the thread I started about getting Cardale some starts before this season is out.

I'd love to see just how far away he is, and give him the chance to surprise us. Would help inform our decision making process this off-season and where we might want to go for next season.

At least it's a productive idea.

Trudging along with everything as is, finishing 8-8-ish, and missing the playoffs is not productive, unless your name is Rex Ryan and 8 wins is enough to save your neck.

It's a sad commentary on the state of Bills desperation that some of us are looking for Ryan Fitzpatrick to be our savior.

I remember when we thought anyone not as good as Jim Kelly wasn't good enough for us.

I'd literally take RJ at this point

yeah, there, I said it, RJ > TT, and I don't mean 15 years ago RJ, I mean, the guy who is working the paint aisle at home depot somewhere in Cali right now