Crazy off season moves that will get us in playoffs

OK hear me out.

Bye bye TT your just not good enough.

So where do the Bills turn for QB...

Ryan Fitzpatrick... the Jets will release him. He could be had for cheep if he still want to play. He liked the Bills and would probably like to finish his career here. I know this isn't a long term option but it could put us in the playoffs next year.

Also he will help us understand what we have in Watkins in a contract year. That's almost worth it alone. Also shady only has 1 or 2 great years left. Fits will throw picks but with our run game and a better defence with the draft and $$ we save from not keeping TT. We should have real good offence and defence. Also in this scenario I would go hard after Tryell pryor, Then a top saftey in free agency. Sign or Franchise Gilmore,Draft O-line and BPA in the draft and we would have a real strong roster. We should get extra money when Aron Williams retires(5.5mill). And if we need more we could cut E wood.I like wood but if we need extra cash Groy has shown he is serviceable.

A offence of Fits, Shady, Clay, Watkins,and Pryor..is ridiculous. We would still have a top running team and real weapons at WR with a guy that can get them the ball.

The D only needs a safety or 2 and the unit will be way stronger. O and a offence that can get first downs would help the D more than anything.

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz has never made the playoffs regardless of situation in 12 years. He's had good defenses, good running games, and good weapons. I'm sorry but I can't see this changing. He's just not good enough. If they want to sign him as a vet backup I'm not totally opposed, but I get the sense from him that he still wants to start, not a guy who will settle for the "Hasselbeck" role. So he may be more toxic than helpful for the QB room as a backup. He just said last night that he doesn't care about the big picture for the Jets and just wants to play.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's better than TT. And there isn't many cheep options left out their. I like our chances better with Fitzpatrick then with a rookie, Jones, or TT. Again seeing what he can do with Watkins is very important to me before we give Sammy huge money

Cheep options are for the birds.

He's better than TT. And there isn't many cheep options left out their. I like our chances better with Fitzpatrick then with a rookie, Jones, or TT. Again seeing what he can do with Watkins is very important to me before we give Sammy huge money

i actually don't think he's better. Maybe for a game or 2 but not over the course of a season. I'm not saying TT is good. Both have big time flaws. Neither is the answer to the playoffs based on everything I've seen from both to this point.

Well it's better than giving TT the $$ and letting the roster take a step back. And I said cheep because any other option that cost $$ won't help either. With Fits it gives us a chance. Let's us stack the roster and let C Jones learn under a real QB. Like staying in the pocket, good mechanics and the back shoulder throw. It's not the blockbuster move but it might be the best real option left

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

TT might be better overall than Fitz, but Fitz will be far cheaper. TT plus the current roster plus whatever draft works out (plus Ragland coming back) keeps us on the Train to Mediocrity. We've been on the same track for 16 years. Fitz plus the current roster plus draft plus Ragland PLUS FAs gives us a shot until Cardale or someone else is ready.

You want to maybe make the playoffs or do you want to win the Super Bowl? We are close to MAYBE being a wild card team but my ambitions are to win the Super Bowl and that's going to take a lot of BIG changes that people aren't ready to entertain

TT Vs RP -- so our options are a QB that can't find open receivers or simply won't throw it to them vs a QB that slings it far too often with bad consequences. Either way we lose.

Time for EJ!!! can't read a defense like TT and poor thrower like Fitz. We have the Fitz and TT in one person! Saves a bunch of money.

Fitz has never made the playoffs regardless of situation in 12 years. He's had good defenses, good running games, and good weapons. I'm sorry but I can't see this changing. He's just not good enough. If they want to sign him as a vet backup I'm not totally opposed, but I get the sense from him that he still wants to start, not a guy who will settle for the "Hasselbeck" role. So he may be more toxic than helpful for the QB room as a backup. He just said last night that he doesn't care about the big picture for the Jets and just wants to play.

Yes, but he had one season in his whole career where he had good stats and almost made the playoffs. So you know, obviously you need to assume he'll play at least as well as his one outlier season AND that will be enough to get the Bills to the playoffs when it wasn't good enough to get the Jets to the playoffs (even though the 2015 Jets had a better D and better WRs than the current Bills team does).